Media Two years ago today Yair Rodriguez hit the ultimate buzzer beater

I honestly thought Chan Sung Jung was going to be competing for a title by now
<{cruzshake}>
Unfortunately I think his lost time during consignment really put a wrench in his career as a Mixed Martial Artist, it’s a damn shame.
<Fedor23>

He ducked a punch ... elbowed on purpose with the intent to land and landed it.

If you mean fluke in the sense that it was unlikely ... sure.
If you mean fluke that it was luck ... disagree. That was amazing timing and reaction.

People that say fluke usually mean they just didn't like what happened.
  • My favorite fighter got hit with punch from boxing range, that's a fluke.
  • A fighter finishes with a move they do all the time and they've been seen doing in training videos... major fluke.
  • The thing that can happen when your kick gets checked actually happens when your kick gets checked. Total fluke.
  • Any champ ever gets flash KOed... fluke.

He landed a strike he practiced and threw several times in the fight..."fluke"
Yeah and he missed them all and was getting beat for the whole fight.. Until the last second where he acted like a punk and started hugging it out prior to throwing that hellbow.

Yes. My house is made of salt.

I was all about KZ beating the shit out of him that night...
but god dammit this is beautiful... I love it

Fuck Yair, constantly interrupting the fight to high five and hug. Throwing off Zombies rhythm. Not saying Zombie shouldn't of just popped him one, but hes too nice.

KZ gave too much niceness to Yair that fight. He said Yair was very nice to him all throughout the lead up and gave a lot of praise and gratitude to Korea for his Taekwondo background that made him learn discipline and it is his introduction to martial arts. Because of that, believe it or not, KZ said he let the fight go longer for them to showcase their skills and to give the fans a treat as the UFC celebrate 25 years, and they're the main event. Both promised to give their all up to the final second and KZ said it was one of his special moments, even if he lost. But yeah, sometimes being too nice bites back at you as he could've won it based on the scorecards.

Lucky for him Zombie has the heart of a warrior and swings until the final bell even when he's up 49-46

Both KZ and Yair promised to give their all up to the final second. Win or lose, do or die, KZ is a man of his word.

Yeah and he missed them all and was getting beat for the whole fight.. Until the last second where he acted like a punk and started hugging it out prior to throwing that hellbow.

Yes. My house is made of salt.
Dude fighters miss most of the strikes they throw, so every jab is a fluke in your book? Also rewatch the fight of you are gonna keep on with thay hugging shit, that had nothing to do with zombie rushing him like he always does.

KZ gave too much niceness to Yair that fight. He said Yair was very nice to him all throughout the lead up and gave a lot of praise and gratitude to Korea for his Taekwondo background that made him learn discipline and his introduce him to martial arts. Because of that, believe it or not, KZ said he let the fight go longer for them to showcase their skills and to give the fans a treat as the UFC celebrate 25 years, and they're the main event. Both promised to give their all up to the final second and KZ said it was one of his special moments, even if he lost. But yeah, sometimes being too nice bites back at you as he could've won it based on the scorecards.
I'm a KZ fan and hate Yair, but that's bs. KZ would've ended him if he had the chance. He was beating Yair, but I don't remember him ever being close to finishing Yair.

Dude fighters miss most of the strikes they throw, so every jab is a fluke in your book? Also rewatch the fight of you are gonna keep on with thay hugging shit, that had nothing to do with zombie rushing him like he always does.
Miss most would be different if he was winning the fight.. He lost 24 out of 25 minutes.

Back