Two Titans pulling

Benni might be a little doughy, but as long as his deadlift is more than 500 lbs heavier than the heaviest load I've ever pulled, his physique is the last thing I think of when I see him lift. If he was training to look like ronnie coleman, his body fat percentage might be slightly relevant in assessing his performance, but as it stands I am far more interested in seeing him deadlift more weight than anyone before him. Thank you for the clips though.

i might have to adopt benni's pre-lift routine. its just badass...the toe poke is where its at.

colinm said:
i might have to adopt benni's pre-lift routine. its just badass...the toe poke is where its at.

No doubt. And is it just me, or is watching that big monster stomp around in those red stockings and slippers frightening, disturbing, and hilarious all at the same time.

I just like seeing how explosive these "sluggish" "bulky" powerlifters can be when they want to jump into the air. Always impresses me

Those guys redefine the term "brick shithouse."

nudge119 said:
Here is 5 minutes worth of deadlifts from that meet...

http://www.strengthsports.co.uk/files/WPOsemiHW&SHW.wmv

...makes you appreciate Benni's intensity a little more

Nudge, who, in your opinion, has the best form on that video?

I was thinking the third guy shown, who pronates on his left foot before he sets down, but only at the lighter weight (he fell apart in his failed lift- far more than the others, I thought).

Madmick said:
Nudge, who, in your opinion, has the best form on that video?

I was thinking the third guy shown, who pronates on his left foot before he sets down, but only at the lighter weight (he fell apart in his failed lift- far more than the others, I thought).

It's hard to say - Personally - out of the squat/bench/deadlift - I think form is least important in the deadlift - i.e. you just pick up the f*ckin weight. To me, some of the guys in that video used a lot more back than legs, and were almost stiff legging their deads. Even in Benni's lifts you can see after he does his patented "toe tap" the bar is still rolling a tiny bit when he picks it up, which I would never recommend - especially when its 970 lbs....

Madmick, I'm with you for the form of the third lifter, definitely seems the best to me. Even on the failed lift, I think, his back his the flattest of all competitors.

This vid shows how its possible to deadlift big weights with a lot of possible forms. I, for one, thought that Benni and BOlton pulled with a bit too much of a rounded back, but hey, they're the best, what can I say.

Also makes me wonder if we should uphold an idea of what the best form is when the best lifters do not lift that way. MAybe they have the best form. Then, the best form would = whatever gets that heavy weight up.

nudge119 said:
...makes you appreciate Benni's intensity a little more

True enough. I watched a powerlifting comp after a WSM event once, back to back, on Eurosport. After watching WSM, powerlifting is like watching a conveyor belt. More colossal guys spazzing out in Ray Lewis style needed. And jumping. Its always great watching them jump, kind of shatters the idea that you get in your head that they're just big fat guys.

Thanks for posting that vid. Its interesting just watching the different styles.

How'd you like to bump into one of these guys in a club?

ME: Who's the ass clown that just stepped on my foot?
Benni: Me.
ME: Sir, would you like to step on the other one?

Foulsmeller: DON'T LET HIM TOETAP YOU FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back