Two Thugs and a Whale Facing Felony Charges After Attacking Venice Beach Lifeguard

You don't swim with the 10 gauge fool. They don't bring all their equipment into the ocean. Note the life guard stand. It stays put in a rescue.

So you leave your gun sitting out on a lifeguard stand on venice beach. Clearly the quality of people there means it wont get stolen immediately. Great idea.

Or it could be locked up, and totally fucking useless.

everyone grab your tomatoes, it's time for some public shaming!

You sure you want to see that "sexual harassment victim" in the Walk of Shame?

tumblr_nr1u9v3xlc1uxku6jo1_400.gif

You sure you want to see that "sexually-harassment victim" in the Walk of Shame?

tumblr_nr1u9v3xlc1uxku6jo1_400.gif

I was thinking something more like this:

8574218_SA.jpg

though I'm sure the walk would be good for her, she could use the exercise

Three Arrested in Venice Pier Lifeguard Attack
The fight began after someone tossed a lit cigarette into the lifeguard tower, police say

A lifeguard was attacked by several people on the Venice Pier Thursday afternoon in a violent altercation caught on camera.

Video of the assault shows the lifeguard jump down from his tower before he was repeatedly hit and knocked to the ground as several passers-by crowded around. The altercation began after someone flicked a lit cigarette into the lifeguard tower, witnesses told police.

At least one man tried to break up the fight as another was heard shouting "police are coming." Another lifeguard arrived at the scene during the struggle.

Two men and a woman were arrested in connection to the beating, according to Lt. Daniel Gonzalez of LAPD's Pacific Division.

Officials said they believe the lifeguard was defending himself. The three suspects arrested on suspicion of assault were believed to be intoxicated, Gonzalez said. One of the suspects was taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

"There was a woman, who was struggling with the lifeguard, who was screaming," said witness Chase Gilliland. "She appeared to be assaulting the lifeguard, he was trying to fend her off."

The woman repeatedly could be heard shouting that she had been "sexually harassed." As the lifeguard explained what had happened to colleagues after the initial altercation, the woman charged at him and the scuffle continued below the lifeguard tower.

"I've seen a lot of things, but this is a different one," Gilliland said. "Usually, lifeguards are just chill and try to keep the peace. But sometimes the tourists get a little rowdy in the summertime."

Family members of the suspects who spoke to NBC4 off camera dispute claims that the lifeguard was attempting to defend himself. Two of the three suspects posted bond Friday, but their identities were not immediately available.

The lifeguard was also taken to a hospital where he was treated for minor injuries and released.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Lifeguard-Attacked-in-Venice-Pier-Fight-320240471.html

you got to be careful with them whales.

its-wales-you-idiot.jpeg

I'm failing to see the grander political issue at stake, here. This thread seems better suited for the Mayberry than the WR.

The vid also appears to violate the rule for no street fights, and I'm not certain the nature of the story justifies an exception to that rule as we have exercised it in the past, but for now, I'll wait for more mods to review and weigh in. Don't be surprised if it gets dumped.

I'm failing to see the grander political issue at stake, here.

Well, we shall see if that woman will make good on her threats and take the lifeguards to court for "Sexually Harassing" her.

The vid also appears to violate the rule for no street fights, and I'm not certain the nature of the story justifies an exception to that rule as we have exercised it in the past, but for now, I'll wait for more mods to review and weigh in. Don't be surprised if it gets dumped.

I didn't think a news story about drunken civilians assaulting a Peace Officer (all while lying about him being the agressor) is the same as a street fight between hoodlums behind the local 7-11.

I didn't think a news story about drunken civilians assaulting a Peace Officer (all while lying about him being the agressor) is the same as a street fight between hoodlums behind the local 7-11.
That's why I left it. Just giving a head's up.

Respect to the "Random shirtless beach-goer". Sees two guys beat on a life guard and jumps right in.

I hope they hand out some American justice in that case, should be a couple years prison at least. If there isn't anything more to the story.

I don't get why people stop and record this shit instead of jumping and breaking it up.

LOL @ "whale"

Came here hoping for a mug shot of said whale.

Sounds like the beginning of a joke too. "Two thugs and a whale walk into a bar..."

Back