Two seperate fight teams in the same gym?

fightscience19

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Bad idea:
Having two seperate fight teams training in the same gym, on the same evenings. With two coaches that dislike each other.

Slander
Back stabbing
Trying to steal fighters
Cowardly infantile behavior
Petty complaints
Glares

All of the above have been the result.

Martial arts training is supposed to be a release.
A dojo is place to get away from the stresses of everyday life. To punch something, and work out.
Friendly yet serious about training.
A dojo should have a aura of harmony and professionalism.
It should be clean, organized, and respected by all members.
Maybe I'm wrong about what an ideal dojo is?
I do my best to adhere to these ideals, but I seem to be the only one.

Thinking about leaving this gym, because I am tired of having to work around and be distracted by another team.
I don't know who on this forum would have good advice for me, but I'd much appreciate your thoughts.

Friendly yet serious about training.
A dojo should have a aura of harmony and professionalism.

I agree with you totally, but with the current MMA craze, and places springing up on every corner, run by half wits trying to make a fast buck, good luck trying to find a place like that. Throw in opposing teams, and immature coaches, and you have a recipe for a three ring circus flop, looking for a place to happen. I would imagine that you are considering leaving, and you are probably not the only one.

There has to be some place within a reasonable distance with a better environment than that.

:icon_chee

We have another team that trains at our gym occassionaly, but they have sort of a deal worked out I think. The other team is a MMA school with Muay Thai as it's base, while ours has BJJ as its base. They send some of their guys to us for BJJ, some of our guys go to them for Muay Thai. No animosity problems at all though from what I can tell.

Back