Crime Two right wing terrorists indicted for plans to bomb Democratic targets

Not A Real Fan

Deep State Agent assigned to monitor Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
A little clarification.

One of these vermin had already been arrested for weapons possession and other crimes in January (unrelated to Jan. 6). He's been in custody ever since. Now he and some other guy are charged with actually planning a bombing campaign. The other idiot just got arrested.

These fucking losers go on and on about the powerful so-called "Deep State" yet they think they can plan something like this and we in the "Deep State" won't know about it.

They are totally not incels. So not incels.

Rogers%20Copeland%20mugs.jpg

Two Men Were Charged With Planning An Attack On Democrats To Spark A “Movement” After Trump Lost The Election

Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa, and Jarrod Copeland, 37, of Vallejo, were charged in federal court with conspiracy to destroy the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento with incendiary devices. Their targets allegedly also included the governor’s mansion and the San Francisco offices of Twitter and Facebook.

The men started planning attacks after former president Donald Trump’s lost the 2020 election by reaching out to an anti-government militia for help, investigators say in an indictment unsealed Thursday. Authorities believe both men are connected to the Three Percenters, a far-right militant group, whose members were involved in the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol.

According to a detention memo for Copeland, the men also reached out for help from the Proud Boys, the violent neo-fascist group also with several members charged in the Capitol attack.

Rogers and Copeland apparently understood they would be considered domestic terrorists for carrying out the attacks, according to government documents filed in the case, but they hoped that attacks would spark a “movement” to overthrow the US government. In the detention memo, investigators say the men “talked about writing a manifesto (which it appears they never did) to explain their purpose.”

Their planning continued even after the Jan. 6 attack, with Rogers telling Copeland over an encrypted messaging app on Jan. 11, “I want to blow up a democrat building bad,” the indictment says.

Rogers, whose social media shows him to be an enthusiastic Trump supporter, has been in custody since his arrest on Jan. 15 and is being held on $5 million bail. The FBI arrested Copeland in Sacramento on Wednesday.

Apparently angered by Trump’s election defeat, Rogers and Copeland began plotting attacks over multiple encrypted messaging apps in November 2020. That’s when Rogers allegedly told Copeland that he would “hit the enemy in the mouth” by using Molotov cocktails and gasoline to attack targets associated with Democrats, including the governor’s mansion and the Democratic Headquarters Building in Sacramento, according to investigators.

Four days after the Capitol attack, on Jan. 10, the criminal complaint against Rogers says, he told Copeland, “We can attack Twitter and democrats easy right now burn they’re [sic] shit down.”

According to the indictment, Rogers also told Copeland to prepare to “go to war” after Jan. 20, which was Inauguration Day for President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

One of the militia group’s leaders advised Copeland to switch to a new communications platform and delete all his communications with Rogers after the latter’s arrest, the indictment says. When FBI agents seized Copeland’s electronic devices on Jan. 17, the indictment says, Copeland’s messages with Rogers were missing.

If convicted, the men face a maximum statutory sentence of 20 years imprisonment, a three-year term of supervised release, and a $250,000 fine for the conspiracy charge. Rogers faces an additional maximum of 10 years in prison for the weapons charges, and Copeland faces up to 20 years imprisonment for destroying evidence.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/california-men-charged-plot-attack-democrats

Last edited:
The funniest thing of all is that they bitch about the deep state as if Trump and his swamp filled administration of career corporate lobbyists were not part of such.

Ya guys. Let's install Trump so he and the GOP can accomplish all those big ticket items like lower taxes for the rich, while putting the few crumbs he gave everyone else on a credit card that comes due in 2025. And guess who gets to pick up the slack from all those lowered taxes for the wealthy? Literally the only significant thing Trump and a GOP controlled congress accomplished.

Like, they actually made the plans? Or FBI made some fake plans and spoon fed them to some gullible idiots?

Typical right wing deflection. You damn well know these two terrorists came up with the idea on their own.

But here's the thing: I don't care either way. These unhinged people need to be taken off the streets.

Last edited:
I don't care. Whatever gets them off he streets.

I agree there. I just wonder how many of these “near miss” terror attacks never would happen or come close to happening anyway. So is that law enforcement agency actually stopping anything?

I agree there. I just wonder how many of these “near miss” terror attacks never would happen or come close to happening anyway. So is that law enforcement agency actually stopping anything?

So it's better to just gamble with people's lives, and cross our fingers that people like this are simply incompetent?

Or are you saying that the FBI made this whole thing up?

Either way, it's hard to figure out what kind of point you are attempting to make.

So it's better to just gamble with people's lives, and cross our fingers that people like this are simply incompetent?

Or are you saying that the FBI made this whole thing up?

Either way, it's hard to figure out what kind of point you are attempting to make.

I’m saying I feel their focus and money and resources spent are prioritized wrong.

stories like these make great and favorable headlines. They take a long time and assets on the setup.

Meanwhile how many more “mundane” crimes are going unsolved that are directly and immediately hurting people? It would be nice to have those resources for all the missing persons cases out there, as well as so so many stories of shooters known to the fbi but they didn’t do anything because they didn’t have the manpower to pursue.

In the detention memo, investigators say the men “talked about writing a manifesto
"w̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶l̶a̶r̶e̶.̶.̶.̶w̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶b̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶l̶a̶r̶e̶.̶.̶.̶ we hereby declare the results of the 2020 presidential elections in America wrong. Trump won! Liberals are just butthurt that Trump was making America great again because liberals hate America and they don't want America to be great. We want America to be great because were patriots who love America. They left us with no choice but to burn they're shit down. God bless America and God bless Donald Trump. "

I’m saying I feel their focus and money and resources spent are prioritized wrong.

stories like these make great and favorable headlines. They take a long time and assets on the setup.

Meanwhile how many more “mundane” crimes are going unsolved that are directly and immediately hurting people? It would be nice to have those resources for all the missing persons cases out there, as well as so so many stories of shooters known to the fbi but they didn’t do anything because they didn’t have the manpower to pursue.

I think you have two issues here though. The first is the media producing headlines. Most all of what we refer to as sensationalized media is the result of capitalism.

Everyone bitches about media bias when their real complaint should be about capitalism. There are more liberals in the US than Conservatives, so of course news organizations are going to attempt to attract the most eyeballs with liberal leaning pieces.

Second, bomb threats and the like are usually taken extremely seriously given the potential for a number of people to be injured or lose their lives. Stating that we should be focusing on mundane crimes instead, is very confusing. Mundane crimes are focused on. Hopefully we will never come to the point where we have 1 citizen for every law enforcement officer, so of course choices have to be made. And as I stated, bomb or terror threats will normally take priority given the potential for mass murder/destruction. Why would you be surprised by this?

In all honestly, it seems you are complaining simply because the story touched a nerve. That is, you don't think coup attempts, which this crime seems to be loosely associated with, are very important, and would therefore prefer the FBI to investigate other crimes (which they are doing anyways). Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the mundane investigations are not as heavily covered in the media, which makes the fact that you feel it is lacking, very ironic given your accusations of sensationalizing in the news? You may only feel it is lacking simply because you don't see major headlines about such mundane crimes. But if those things do make headlines, it seems you would then turn around and accuse such of being hyperbole.

Quite the pickle, and the reason I was completely confused by your comments.

I think you have two issues here though. The first is the media producing headlines. Most all of what we refer to as sensationalized media is the result of capitalism.

Everyone bitches about media bias when their real complaint should be about capitalism. There are more liberals in the US than Conservatives, so of course news organizations are going to attempt to attract the most eyeballs with liberal leaning pieces.

Second, bomb threats and the like are usually taken extremely seriously given the potential for a number of people to be injured or lose their lives. Stating that we should be focusing on mundane crimes instead, is very confusing. Mundane crimes are focused on. Hopefully we will never come to the point where we have 1 citizen for every law enforcement officer, so of course choices have to be made. And as I stated, bomb or terror threats will normally take priority given the potential for mass murder/destruction. Why would you be surprised by this?

In all honestly, it seems you are complaining simply because the story touched a nerve. That is, you don't think coup attempts, which this crime seems to be loosely associated with, are very important, and would therefore prefer the FBI to investigate other crimes (which they are doing anyways). Did you ever stop to consider that maybe the mundane investigations are not as heavily covered in the media, which makes the fact that you feel it is lacking, very ironic given your accusations of sensationalizing in the news? You may only feel it is lacking simply because you don't see major headlines about such mundane crimes. But if those things do make headlines, it seems you would then turn around and accuse such of being hyperbole.

Quite the pickle, and the reason I was completely confused by your comments.
You're spittin' some truth, but a point can be made that maybe the FBI could spend a little less time and resources on entrapment. They've been caught instigating some of our worst domestic incidents..

Are they really right wing? that one dude reminds me of a far left group.

Well.............whether it's a batshit donkey or a batshit elephant, and there are plenty of both, I am happy to see them moved off the board. My worry is that about 30% of the country now falls into one of these 2 categories.

Back