Two men murdered over Canelo vs Mayeather

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This is now the second person killed in the name of Mayweather.

edit: see below there was another one last night as well

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/09/15/fight-over-boxing-match-leads-to-mans-death/
ORTHWEST DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A man from Irving was killed by gunfire Sunday morning as he tried to break up a fight over last night’s Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez match.

The dispute happened at a home in the 3100 block of Talisman Drive near Webb Chapel Road. A group who disagreed about the outcome of the boxing match started arguing in the front yard. Two people struck a man in the head and cut him with a beer bottle, according to a police report.

They fled in a white pick-up truck. Police responded to a shooting call at the home around 2:23 a.m. and found Eliseo Hernandez Lopez, 46, in the street. He was taken to Dallas Medical Center in Farmers Branch where he was pronounced dead.

Police haven’t identified suspects or made an arrest yet.

(

Last edited:
tumblr_m25jtezVbZ1qkix9jo1_400.gif

And another one.
http://www.nj.com/passaic-county/in...athering_to_watch_televised_boxing_event.html
PATERSON— A Paterson family gathering to watch a boxing match ended this morning in violence when a drunken, 34-year-old city man stabbed his relatives with a knife following a dispute about rent, a Paterson police sergeant said.

Last night, Antonio Lopez, 34, and Fernando Pena, 25 invited guests to an apartment on Madison Avenue in Paterson to watch the match between Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr. and Canelo Alvarez.

The two men stayed up drinking well past the end of the fight and got into an argument about rent money and other issues, said Sgt. David Rios. Lopez used a knife to stab Pena multiple times on his arms and the side of his torso around 7:45 this morning, Rios said.

Lopez has been arrested and charged with aggravated assault, illegal possession of a weapon and several other charges, Rios said. He said Pena remains in critical condition.

Another female relative also sustained some cuts to her fingers during the scuffle.

Rather tame in comparison to cities with teams that riot when they win/lose championship games.

I'm sure all of these instances involved intelligent, rational people.

If we were all sitting in a room discussing Mathysse/Garcia, I would have glassed some of you.

Stories like these are pretty common during big fights but nothing like the first De La Hoya-Chavez fight, there was blood shed for that fight

Alcohol and sports is almost as deadly as nude women and alcohol.

Both named Lopez..
Sounds like the second incident was over some rent bs tho, not over the results of the fight as implied

if the guy who got stabbed was arguing 6 rounds for canelo then he deserved it.

jk obviously.

I thought people were calling him "CANello" just because he lost.

One of my favorite Rampage Jackson quotes

"I can tell you one thing, Alcohol and Martial Arts just don't mix well."-Rampage

Meh.....as tragic as this shit was, it's still nothing compared to what some soccer fans have done in the past. In terms of a sport being directly responsible for fan deaths, Soccer>>>>>All by a long shot.

Back