Two Meaningful Punches the entire fight: Bailey vs Jones

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Mike Jones defending his IBF Welterweight Championship against Randall Bailey. Bailey doesn't land shit of significance the whole fight except two punches. One for a KD. One for the KO.

New Champ

Bailey low-key had some of the craziest punching power in the history of his weight class.

Not much else, but power he definitely did have.

Bailey could find the on/off switch.

That uppercut sounded like someone hitting a steak with a hammer.

LOL I remember watching this live. Didn't this KO pretty much end Jones's career too.

Yeah I was just thinking about him in that wasted-talents thread the other day. But I don't know that Jones was ever going to go far.

Yeah I was just thinking about him in that wasted-talents thread the other day. But I don't know that Jones was ever going to go far.
He struggled with Soto Karass not long before this. He was always a step or two below elite.

That would be an interesting thread topic.
Boxers who were done after their first loss. not just any boxer... but ones who had some success and hype behind them.

Like a Roman Greenberg.

Boxers who were done after their first loss. not just any boxer... but ones who had some success and hype behind them.

Like a Roman Greenberg.

We could hand out a John Tate award. My pick is Joe Lipsey.

Like a Roman Greenberg.
depends what you mean by "done" also

Meldrick Taylor picked up the WBA Welterweight Title after the Chavez loss but was basically a shell of himself even then.

but does winning a title dq you as being "done"

Like a Roman Greenberg.

Chavez Jr. He was actually a pretty good middleweight champ until Martinez dismantled him. It was all down hill from there.

Bailey had some crazy power. Deontay often bailed himself out with a single big shot after losing rounds but Bailey hadn't even landed a single shot in the whole fight before that first right hand.

Bailey low-key had some of the craziest punching power in the history of his weight class.

Not much else, but power he definitely did have.

It's not really low key - he's known only because of his crazy power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back