Crime Two LASD Deputies shot in the head; BLM protestors try to go in hospital

How much longer till these police gangs start warring with each other?

It's an inevitability.

Which side will you take then?

Article today on NY Times, police and prosecutors have destroyed many many lives. And its not just black lives, plenty of white folks have been shafted by the system. These cops and prosecutors that knowingly destroyed innocent lives haven't seen a day in jail. It's ironic to me that the right wing which claims to be against government tyranny, are happy to allow the government (police) to ruin lives with impunity. For me this isn't about abolishing police, it's about holding police accountable for their misdeeds.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/...ml?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

"Official misconduct played a role in the criminal convictions of more than half of innocent people who were later exonerated, according to a new report by a registry that tracks wrongful convictions.

According to the report, by the National Registry of Exonerations, official misconduct contributed to false convictions in 54 percent of exonerations, usually with more than one type of misconduct. Over all, men and Black exonerees “were modestly more likely to experience misconduct,” although there were larger differences by race when it came to drug crimes and murder."

Sure, criminals getting away with crimes sucks. I don't disagree. Be it a group of 14-25 year olds stealing cars and shooting at people, or be it police and DA's that knowingly put innocent people in prison. Both are awful, you'll get no argument from me.

Basically i think cops needs to focus on policing actual crimes or situations with probable cause. Cops patrolling around just looking to fill their day by stopping anyone with a hoodie is a recipe for disaster imo. Arrest quotas and stuff like that are bullshit. Give cops less work, but allow them to do their job with leeway on actual crimes. Right now law enforcement incentive is to appear busy and make arrests so that they can justify their budget, meanwhile the murder clearance rate is like 25%.
Well I don’t disagree with that at all. I think in high crime neighborhoods routine checks and stops shouldn’t be necessarily out of the question, but I fucking despise quotas.

Sure, criminals getting away with crimes sucks. I don't disagree. Be it a group of 14-25 year olds stealing cars and shooting at people, or be it police and DA's that knowingly put innocent people in prison. Both are awful, you'll get no argument from me.

But that's the rub, car theft is already a crime that should be prosecuted. Knowingly locking up innocent people is apparently NOT a crime and cannot currently be prosecuted. But anybody who tries to close this loophole is painted as an anti-cop radical who wants to abolish the police.

Well I don’t disagree with that at all. I think in high crime neighborhoods routine checks and stops shouldn’t be necessarily out of the question, but I fucking despise quotas.

Great, we're on the same page then, people on this thread are making me out to be antifa because I think its wrong for cops to just stop random black people who haven't done anything lol.

Lets focus on real criminals.

But that's the rub, car theft is already a crime that should be prosecuted. Knowingly locking up innocent people is apparently NOT a crime and cannot currently be prosecuted. But anybody who tries to close this loophole is painted as an anti-cop radical who wants to abolish the police.

Cops go to prison for framing people. It's a a crime too. You may not like the % of cases that get tried or convicted (and you might be right that it's far too low) but it IS still a crime and there are examples of cops going away for it. Proving that cops or prosecutors deliberately framed someone is obviously a hurdle that's hard to overcome because other, outside LE needs to get involved for it to happen. But dirty cops get busted for all sorts of things. Just not as often as they should. But plenty of other criminals get away with breaking the law too and aren't tried or convicted.

Sure...If/when I win, you have to put this in your sig:

"WPEMs are the scum of the fu*king planet. Social Distance Warrior was right again."

fair enough....what is WPEM? What exactly is the bet and what is the timeframe to know who wins?

I’ll take the cops are dirty and this is retaliatory....slim chance but I’ll take it...you taking BLM/Antifa did it?

fair enough....what is WPEM? What exactly is the bet and what is the timeframe to know who wins?

I’ll take the cops are dirty and this is retaliatory....slim chance but I’ll take it...you taking BLM/Antifa did it?

I fucking admire your guts. I'd have asked for 5 or 10 to 1 odds.

I think you have maybe a 1% shot at this. But at least u have balls.

Cops go to prison for framing people. It's a a crime too. You may not like the % of cases that get tried or convicted (and you might be right that it's far too low) but it IS still a crime and there are examples of cops going away for it. Proving that cops or prosecutors deliberately framed someone is obviously a hurdle that's hard to overcome because other, outside LE needs to get involved for it to happen. But dirty cops get busted for all sorts of things. Just not as often as they should. But plenty of other criminals get away with breaking the law too and aren't tried or convicted.

There is a whole other class of offenses that cops/prosecutors commit that effectively aren't considered crimes. Withholding evidence, not a crime. Lying/coercion in to stir an investigation a certain way, not a crime. In general, violating Brady rules should result in jail time. But the most that happens is the prosecutor gets a "tsk tsk" from a judge. And then they defiantly refuse to accept that they made a mistake. A brady violation that ends up costing an innocent man 30 years of his life is far more serious than car theft, rape, and almost any crime short of murder.

Any progress on catching or at least identifying the shooter yet?

Guy is still out there and armed, kinda worry it might not be a one off for sitting duck patrol cars

agreed.

at least he has balls.

cant say the same for the rest of the trash in this thread.

There is a whole other class of offenses that cops/prosecutors commit that effectively aren't considered crimes. Withholding evidence, not a crime. Lying/coercion in to stir an investigation a certain way, not a crime. In general, violating Brady rules should result in jail time. But the most that happens is the prosecutor gets a "tsk tsk" from a judge. And then they defiantly refuse to accept that they made a mistake. A brady violation that ends up costing an innocent man 30 years of his life is far more serious than car theft, rape, and almost any crime short of murder.

There are a lot of gray areas but some of those things are considered crimes. It's a different story getting them punished.

I think comparing something like that to rape is in bad taste when saying one is worse than the other though. It's not a contest. Just say both are bad and leave it at that.

There are a lot of gray areas but some of those things are considered crimes. It's a different story getting them punished.

I think comparing something like that to rape is in bad taste when saying one is worse than the other though. It's not a contest. Just say both are bad and leave it at that.
Fair enough, my only point is that it should be considered an extremely serious crime. If you deliberately bury information that will exonerate someone you deserve to go to jail. That shouldn’t be a gray area.

Fair enough, my only point is that it should be considered an extremely serious crime. If you deliberately bury information that will exonerate someone you deserve to go to jail. That shouldn’t be a gray area.

Agree. If it's proven to be deliberate, that's a serious felony. Again, proving intent is probably difficult in a lot of those situations. But if it's clear and provable, that should be prison time.

The folks he offered it to...didn’t want it....I’ve yet to make a sig bet....but details will need to be finalized

Agree. If it's proven to be deliberate, that's a serious felony. Again, proving intent is probably difficult in a lot of those situations. But if it's clear and provable, that should be prison time.

@mkess101 Here's an example from today of what we were discussing. DA caught red handed rail-roading an innocent man. There is email evidence that they knew he was innocent but went ahead and prosecuted. He was convicted, but a judge dismissed the case after the revelations came out. All the DA got was a verbal rebuke. That's it, nothing else. The frequency with which this happens is astonishing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-judge-blasts-u-prosecutors-221204800.html

@mkess101 Here's an example from today of what we were discussing. DA caught red handed rail-roading an innocent man. There is email evidence that they knew he was innocent but went ahead and prosecuted. He was convicted, but a judge dismissed the case after the revelations came out. All the DA got was a verbal rebuke. That's it, nothing else. The frequency with which this happens is astonishing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-judge-blasts-u-prosecutors-221204800.html

Yeah, that's pretty shady to say the least. It's Feds, I wonder if that played a role or not in how it was approached. You would think that if nothing else the person who sent the email saying to bury the relevant docs that would exonerate the guy would be held in contempt? I don't know all the details of course but I would say that it's very sketchy that there wasn't further action pursued on this one. I would guess (and it's just a guess and nothing more) that because the guy wasn't sent to prison, etc. they felt a harsh punishment on the prosecutors wasn't necessary? I sure as hell hope they were required to pay his legal fees if nothing else.

Yeah, that's pretty shady to say the least. It's Feds, I wonder if that played a role or not in how it was approached. You would think that if nothing else the person who sent the email saying to bury the relevant docs that would exonerate the guy would be held in contempt? I don't know all the details of course but I would say that it's very sketchy that there wasn't further action pursued on this one. I would guess (and it's just a guess and nothing more) that because the guy wasn't sent to prison, etc. they felt a harsh punishment on the prosecutors wasn't necessary? I sure as hell hope they were required to pay his legal fees if nothing else.

No, the reason further criminal action wasn't pursued is quite simple, prosecutorial immunity. There is literally no way to hold them accountable in scenarios like this.

Back