Crime Two LASD Deputies shot in the head; BLM protestors try to go in hospital

See, this is a completely erroneous statement that derives from a crass stereotype many white people have that most black folks must live in the ghetto around gangbangers. This is utterly false. South side Chicago is not representative of the average black experience, it’s important for white people to know this. Most black people are more afraid of the police than they are of gangbangers, that is a FACT. Most black people will never get caught in an urban crossfire, but they will get stopped/harassed by cops, that is a FACT. So this suggestion that blacks need cops to save them from “black on black crime” is completely silly notion based on a misunderstanding of the average black experience.

These harmful stereotypes you have are honestly indicative of the social discord we’re subsumed in. Some of your earlier points are now making sense to me based on what I gather is your default image of black society.

Also, I’m extremely skeptical of this so called multi state organized joyriding gang made up of 12 to 17 yr olds that somehow has law enforcement befuddled. It does not sound credible at all. Keep in mind there are a lot of myths about crime out there, much of them rooted in racist stereotyping. The knockout game a few years ago comes to mind (see below).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3729635

First of all, I don't get your diatribe of "black on black crime". I said more black people were killed by other civilians than by cops, and it's not close. Those numbers multiply when you move down from murder to assault. These are facts, not speculation about the mindset of the community. I'm not making assumptions about where anyone lives. What I said was that all races, black people included, will suffer with a completely neutered police force. YOU extrapolated that into a rant on black on black crime, ghettos, whatever else. Newsflash: middle class and wealthy black people don't want to be robbed by other citizens and not have any police around to deter it from happening.

Maybe you need to do some self examination about your own views since you've projected them on to me a bit? Or at least you've made inaccurate assumptions.

The car stealing is 100% true, it makes zero difference if you are skeptical or not. I would not categorize it as one large organization and didn't say it was. But it's happening throughout the midwest with smaller groups who all brag to each other on social media. Your own bias that everything is a racist plot to make a certain group look bad will of course make you skeptical. These kids happen to be black. There are shitty groups of white kids too. A big group got busted selling drugs in a bunch of high schools up north a couple years ago. I'm sure you'd have no skepticism of that because it was white people breaking the law.

First of all, I don't get your diatribe of "black on black crime". I said more black people were killed by other civilians than by cops, and it's not close. Those numbers multiply when you move down from murder to assault. These are facts, not speculation about the mindset of the community. I'm not making assumptions about where anyone lives. What I said was that all races, black people included, will suffer with a completely neutered police force. YOU extrapolated that into a rant on black on black crime, ghettos, whatever else. Newsflash: middle class and wealthy black people don't want to be robbed by other citizens and not have any police around to deter it from happening.

Maybe you need to do some self examination about your own views since you've projected them on to me a bit? Or at least you've made inaccurate assumptions.

The car stealing is 100% true, it makes zero difference if you are skeptical or not. I would not categorize it as one large organization and didn't say it was. But it's happening throughout the midwest with smaller groups who all brag to each other on social media. Your own bias that everything is a racist plot to make a certain group look bad will of course make you skeptical. These kids happen to be black. There are shitty groups of white kids too. A big group got busted selling drugs in a bunch of high schools up north a couple years ago. I'm sure you'd have no skepticism of that because it was white people breaking the law.
I’m skeptical of any wide sweeping claims against groups, whether they’re white or black. My basic point doesn’t change, your side is presenting a straw man argument that essentially posits that the BLM side wants the police completely gone. This is not true, a minority of the extreme element does want to abolish the police, but that’s not a mainstream opinion. Black people, like white people, want cops around to deter crime and enforce laws. BUT, they want this to happen within a structure that doesn’t pathologize their entire community and make their lives miserable. Is that too much to ask?

Fair point. That's exactly my view on racism; I don't give a shit because I got my own problems.
You have your own problems, so why not let society burn around you and eventually give you even bigger ones. Makes perfect logic bud.

Lmao, change was never coming. Even if BLM was all milk and honey kumbaya, nothing was/is ever going change. Pressure busts pipes, uncontrolled anger and despair will let itself out one way or another.
Ok. Guess it's violence and that's the only way forward. So basically blaxks can only be oppressed and whites can only oppress them? GTFO you violent maniac

Btw BLM was a violent awful organization that backed terrible people. So no, BLM was always bad and it's good that many people didn't barging with them.

Lmao, change was never coming. Even if BLM was all milk and honey kumbaya, nothing was/is ever going change. Pressure busts pipes, uncontrolled anger and despair will let itself out one way or another.
Its fake pressure, drummed up by media fear mongering.

If there is a case for systemic oppresssion of blacks by our justice system, then the case for systemic oppression of men by our justice system is like 100x stronger, but you don't see a Male Lives Matter going around burning shit down.

Ok. Guess it's violence and that's the only way forward. So basically blaxks can only be oppressed and whites can only oppress them? GTFO you violent maniac

Btw BLM was a violent awful organization that backed terrible people. So no, BLM was always bad and it's good that many people didn't barging with them.
No one is condoning violence, I’m explaining how the human psyche works. When a climate of anger and despair are allowed to fester bad things happen. This isn’t a black or white thing, it happens in every society as a human condition. Blaming that on BLM is silly.

Its fake pressure, drummed up by media fear mongering.

If there is a case for systemic oppresssion of blacks by our justice system, then the case for systemic oppression of men by our justice system is like 100x stronger, but you don't see a Male Lives Matter going around burning shit down.
Lol, fake pressure, fake news, fake x or y. Anything that doesn’t mesh with your world view is fake. God help us.

And yes men tend to get shafted by the justice system too, the 2 aren’t mutually exclusive.

No one is condoning violence, I’m explaining how the human psyche works. When a climate of anger and despair are allowed to fester bad things happen. This isn’t a black or white thing, it happens in every society as a human condition. Blaming that on BLM is silly.
Not everything has to be violent. There are many non violent revolutions. Saying that this inevitable is kinda silly and wishful thinking imho.

Well BLM has wrecked havoc on the black community. Hopefully more will disavow it and it slinks away like the Klan did in the 1920s

As has been mentioned before, the majority of blacks don’t live in high crime areas like the south side of Chicago, that’s a myth. The huge numbers of middle class black people who live in low/moderate crime areas deal with bullshit from police also. As do rich black people in extremely low crime areas. Your logic doesn’t hold water bud.
That doesn't go against anything I said. I know it's only a small percentage of blacks committing 50% of the murders. Most black people don't murder, but the innocent people within that group are still a victim of the people who look like them who do these horrible things.

If 6% of Jewish people molested children, you probably would keep your children away from Jewish people. You wouldn't say "well the vast majority of Jews don't rape children".

So, let me get this straight: because there are historical examples of some cops (very small percentage) being "bad" and "dirty", some of you ITT feel its most likely that these two random cops were shot specifically for that reason? Yet you have nothing else to back your reasoning?

Yeah that's fucking retarded. And to those who are dead sure this crime was committed by "BLM", you're no better. None of you fuckwits has any clue why this crime occurred nor who committed it.

I will say though, anyone justifying this shooting or snickering about it because "fuck the pigs", you are total and complete scum.

This police group shot someone in the back last month and killed him, one of the officers shot recently was observed on scene of the kids death seen smiling. Combined with a known internal gang which allegedly included the shooter of the kid last month. So the thought is retaliation for that specific incident.

I’m skeptical of any wide sweeping claims against groups, whether they’re white or black. My basic point doesn’t change, your side is presenting a straw man argument that essentially posits that the BLM side wants the police completely gone. This is not true, a minority of the extreme element does want to abolish the police, but that’s not a mainstream opinion. Black people, like white people, want cops around to deter crime and enforce laws. BUT, they want this to happen within a structure that doesn’t pathologize their entire community and make their lives miserable. Is that too much to ask?

No, but ignoring the psychology of what it takes to be a cop means not understanding that making draconian changes to the entire structure will result in a massive shortage of qualified police officers. That said, I'm glad you agree that police are vital and necessary, that shows that you aren't in that extreme group that wants to defund and essentially dismantle policing in this country.

As for you being skeptical, I don't get why you'd categorize the two situations I've described as "wide sweeping claims against groups"? They are (relatively) small groups that are ( or were in the case of the white drug dealers as they were sentenced) committing crimes. It's not some broad generalization about a race, gender, etc. It was simply an example used to show that the system isn't always stacked against that certain group. Black people have had their cars stolen by this group too, and they are equally as pissed as anyone else and rightfully so. And they want the DA to do something to try to stop it.

That doesn't go against anything I said. I know it's only a small percentage of blacks committing 50% of the murders. Most black people don't murder, but the innocent people within that group are still a victim of the people who look like them who do these horrible things.

If 6% of Jewish people molested children, you probably would keep your children away from Jewish people. You wouldn't say "well the vast majority of Jews don't rape children".

Prejudice from one group of civilians against another group based on stereotypes is not the same as government authorities impinging on the freedoms of the 95% because the 5% do bad things. A better analogy to the Jewish molester example, is if 5% commit the majority of crimes it should be expected that non-black people will be more careful around the 95% that don't do crimes. That kind of prejudice happens, do you know how many times i'm walking down a street and some white person crosses the street when they see me? LOL, it happens ALL the time, but honestly i don't care. That doesn't bother me. But when an authority of government uses the actions of 5% to punish the 95%, i have a big problem with that.

When people block an ambulance from rescuing gun shot victims they should be run down.

Prejudice from one group of civilians against another group based on stereotypes is not the same as government authorities impinging on the freedoms of the 95% because the 5% do bad things. A better analogy to the Jewish molester example, is if 5% commit the majority of crimes it should be expected that non-black people will be more careful around the 95% that don't do crimes. That kind of prejudice happens, do you know how many times i'm walking down a street and some white person crosses the street when they see me? LOL, it happens ALL the time, but honestly i don't care. That doesn't bother me. But when an authority of government uses the actions of 5% to punish the 95%, i have a big problem with that.
Well I get that it's extremely frustrating for the innocent people in that group. However, the statistics and probabilities the public uses are the same the government uses. So yes, different parties, but same logic. What do you see as the solution?

im thinking about taking it...need a little time to research...dirty cops have always existed...groups of dirty cops have always existed....Serpico, Rampart Division...hell, my ole stomping grounds in NOLA had a female cop rob a store with another gang banger and shot and killed her partner who responded...lemme chew oN this...In the meantime... no to a cash bet...explain how a sig bet works...i get the gist of it but enlighten me...perhaps soMething like..."The milkman always delivers his milk to my back door while i squeal with joy"

Sure...If/when I win, you have to put this in your sig:

"WPEMs are the scum of the fu*king planet. Social Distance Warrior was right again."

Well I get that it's extremely frustrating for the innocent people in that group. However, the statistics and probabilities the public uses are the same the government uses. So yes, different parties, but same logic. What do you see as the solution?

Basically i think cops needs to focus on policing actual crimes or situations with probable cause. Cops patrolling around just looking to fill their day by stopping anyone with a hoodie is a recipe for disaster imo. Arrest quotas and stuff like that are bullshit. Give cops less work, but allow them to do their job with leeway on actual crimes. Right now law enforcement incentive is to appear busy and make arrests so that they can justify their budget, meanwhile the murder clearance rate is like 25%.

No, but ignoring the psychology of what it takes to be a cop means not understanding that making draconian changes to the entire structure will result in a massive shortage of qualified police officers. That said, I'm glad you agree that police are vital and necessary, that shows that you aren't in that extreme group that wants to defund and essentially dismantle policing in this country.

As for you being skeptical, I don't get why you'd categorize the two situations I've described as "wide sweeping claims against groups"? They are (relatively) small groups that are ( or were in the case of the white drug dealers as they were sentenced) committing crimes. It's not some broad generalization about a race, gender, etc. It was simply an example used to show that the system isn't always stacked against that certain group. Black people have had their cars stolen by this group too, and they are equally as pissed as anyone else and rightfully so. And they want the DA to do something to try to stop it.

Article today on NY Times, police and prosecutors have destroyed many many lives. And its not just black lives, plenty of white folks have been shafted by the system. These cops and prosecutors that knowingly destroyed innocent lives haven't seen a day in jail. It's ironic to me that the right wing which claims to be against government tyranny, are happy to allow the government (police) to ruin lives with impunity. For me this isn't about abolishing police, it's about holding police accountable for their misdeeds.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/...ml?action=click&module=Latest&pgtype=Homepage

"Official misconduct played a role in the criminal convictions of more than half of innocent people who were later exonerated, according to a new report by a registry that tracks wrongful convictions.

According to the report, by the National Registry of Exonerations, official misconduct contributed to false convictions in 54 percent of exonerations, usually with more than one type of misconduct. Over all, men and Black exonerees “were modestly more likely to experience misconduct,” although there were larger differences by race when it came to drug crimes and murder."

Back