Two Incredible Heel Hooks This Weekend in Bellator

EndlessCritic

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Neiman Gracie over Jon Fitch, and Taylor Johnson over Ed Ruth.

Fitch and Ruth are phenomenal grapplers in their own rights, and to see them get dominated on the ground is just insane.

Gracie is such a complete fighter, and had a lovely armbar setup in round 1, with an interesting control method.

i only tuned into the gracie fight at halfway part of round 2 i thought jon was first gonna escape the position he was smiling ect

Haven’t seen it yet, looking forward to watching it. Neiman is always fun to watch. And it doesn’t surprise me a guy who basically lives in the same building as the Danaher death squad has soaked up tremedous heel hook knowledge. Talk about having good training partners.

Haven’t seen it yet, looking forward to watching it. Neiman is always fun to watch. And it doesn’t surprise me a guy who basically lives in the same building as the Danaher death squad has soaked up tremedous heel hook knowledge. Talk about having good training partners.
lol he explicitly thanked John Danaher in the post fight interview, and told people to buy danaher's dvds.

This isn't perfect, but it at least shows the armbar setup. (It doesn't show the crazy heel hook setup unfortunately)

You can see part of the Johnson/Ruth exchange here:

was out camping over the weekend and haven't watched yet. how did Fitch look? overall doing well or 'past his prime'?

was out camping over the weekend and haven't watched yet. how did Fitch look? overall doing well or 'past his prime'?
Fitch's talent is making good fighters look bad. He didn't make Neiman look bad at all. Neiman took him down multiple times, nearly armbarred him in round 1, and overall Fitch was unsuccessful with neutralizing Neiman's attacks.

I don't think Fitch is that far out of his prime. He's still a great fighter. It was a great retirement performance from him.

Ed Ruth really didn't pan out the way I thought he would and Gracie has really outperformed my expectations.

Ed Ruth really didn't pan out the way I thought he would and Gracie has really outperformed my expectations.
In fairness Gracie and Amosov are proven elites now, and I Johnson's put his name on the map with that win.

Neiman Gracie over Jon Fitch, and Taylor Johnson over Ed Ruth.

Fitch and Ruth are phenomenal grapplers in their own rights, and to see them get dominated on the ground is just insane.

Gracie is such a complete fighter, and had a lovely armbar setup in round 1, with an interesting control method.

Neiman Gracie to UFC?

Anyone know why @tekkenfan got banned?

I know he was a controversial poster around here but I thought he was more good than bad. Had some interesting insights and was obviously passionate about the game.

Anyone know why @tekkenfan got banned?

I know he was a controversial poster around here but I thought he was more good than bad. Had some interesting insights and was obviously passionate about the game.
i think - and i'm not sure, it could have been someone else - i saw him posting some racist shit in one of the colby vs woodley threads.

take a look at his posts, mate. i think "a monumental fucking douchebag with an imbecilic view on pretty much any subject that ever came up" describes him a lot better than "more good than bad". i never once saw him post anything that was even borderline intelligent. he was a moron even by sherdog standards, and if you ever spent any time in the heavies, you know that's saying a lot.

i think - and i'm not sure, it could have been someone else - i saw him posting some racist shit in one of the colby vs woodley threads.

take a look at his posts, mate. i think "a monumental fucking douchebag with an imbecilic view on pretty much any subject that ever came up" describes him a lot better than "more good than bad". i never once saw him post anything that was even borderline intelligent. he was a moron even by sherdog standards, and if you ever spent any time in the heavies, you know that's saying a lot.

Nah, he was fine and one the most active guys on F12.

Nah, he was fine and one the most active guys on F12.

Definitely made some dickish posts and war room type comments here and there but overall way better than pure trolls like the fat former HS wrestling coach guy.

Some guys disputed his irl BB and I don't have an opinion on that, but IMO he trained and followed grappling and MMA closely.

He was fine by me.

Last edited:
tekkenfan's posts reeked of someone who never stepped on the mats. I used to post on subfighter.com from 2005-2006 before I even started BJJ, and he sounded exactly like me.

Have an extremely hard time believing he is an actual BJJ black belt.

tekkenfan's posts reeked of someone who never stepped on the mats. I used to post on subfighter.com from 2005-2006 before I even started BJJ, and he sounded exactly like me.

Have an extremely hard time believing he is an actual BJJ black belt.

I have a hard time believing he never trained at all. Agree BB was questionable but if literally untrained, he deserves recognition for actually watching and being familiar with tutorials, critiquing techniques and being aware of their application in specific fights. Seems to me it would be a lot easier to experiment with these techniques on a mat (even at basic level) and speak from experience than virtually deduce everything and fake it. There's plenty of the latter on this forum and they're very obvious.

You guys missed that @tekkenfan had 3 accounts on sherdog? I can't find it now but maybe a year ago he made a thread in the S & C forum were he praised his own training ideas with his different accounts and got caught and humiliated. @flikerstance was one of his other accounts.

He claimed to have a dozen of MMA-fights and being a welterweight but only had about 4 fights were one was at heavyweight. He also made the claims of running his own gym, being a wrestling coach in Ireland, making his pro boxing debut on the undercard of the Mayweather - McGregor show and also claimed to have a contract with Rizin. He was obviously full of bullshit and only had some MMA experience.

Back