Two college quarterbacks to watch

actjac

Down goes Frazuh...down goes Frazuh
@purple
Reaction score
-Vernon Adams, the amazing Russell Wilson like clone machine who set multiple college records as an FCS All-American throwing for 10,438 yards and 110 touchdowns in three seasons at Eastern Washington. He will now complete his eligibility at the University of Oregon and replace Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Mariota.

-Carson Wentz, NFL.com has the North Dakota State quarterback as the first QB taken in next year's draft. 6'-5" and 230 lbs. He will lead the Bison toward their 5th consecutive FCS national title.

Wentz is interesting but first QB taken next year? Nah.

Jeremy Johnson is the QB to watch.

Has Vernon Adams actually graduated and on Oregon's practice field yet?

Connor Cook.

Whoevers slingin for Michigan

That poor kid is still too concussed to play.
BewitchedBruisedAntarcticfurseal.gif

Shane Morris is going to be awesome this year

Alabama's QB situation just got murkier, with Jake Coker suffering an injury and missing significant time. Maybe it'll be Cornwell or Blake Barnett (but I bet he still redshirts)

Some QBs not mentioned worth mentioning:

Cody Kessler-39 TD/5 INT (WOW what a ratio), 3,826 yards, 167.06 rating (4th nationally), runs pro-style offense. He may be 1st QB taken next season, even without this season having Agular out there catching passes.

Chuckie Keaton is fun to watch, not an NFL prospect but a damn fine college QB, Taysom Hill too.

Dak Prescott should make big waves as well, he returns most of his above average WR unit but loses his best RB. He will still put up big numbers.

The TAMU freshman, Kyle Allen, could have huge year.

and Gunner Kiel, the Cincy QB. Him and Christian Hackenberg(PSU) are two very highly rated QBs coming out of HS but have not quite lived up to expectations yet but if Hackenberg gets some protection, he could be the 3nd best passer in the B10 behind Caradele Jones or JT Barrett and Cook.

But Connor Cook (Mich State) is likely the 1st QB taken next year.

I don't see a likely first QB taken at this point. All of these guys have major question marks.

Jeremy Johnson and Cardale Jones seem to have the most natural talent.

Walter Football has:

Connor Cook as the top rated QB, followed by Hackenberg (PSU), Caradele Jones (tOSU), Jared Goff (Cal), Dak Prescott (MSU), Gunner Kiel (Cincy), Cody Kessler (USC), Patrick Towles (UK), Kevin Hogan (Stanford), and Jacoby Brissett (NC State).

11th was Trevyon Boykin (TCU).

I don't see a likely first QB taken at this point. All of these guys have major question marks.

Jeremy Johnson and Cardale Jones seem to have the most natural talent.

I wonder how Malazhan changes his offense to suit the better armed, better QB-talented Johnson compared to Marshall, and Caradele Jones, despite having an insane three-game stretch, still has to prove he can make NFL throws.

Cook has the size, intangibles you look for and makes some extremely difficult throws into NFL windows. But he also makes some of the dumbest decisions you'll see. He has the potential but needs to take a big step forward this year (same with all the QBs to be honest). Pretty meh group right now.

I wonder how Malazhan changes his offense to suit the better armed, better QB-talented Johnson compared to Marshall, and Caradele Jones, despite having an insane three-game stretch, still has to prove he can make NFL throws.

Yeah I'm nowhere near as sold on Jones as others seem to be. Look forward to seeing him more this year.

Cook has the size, intangibles you look for and makes some extremely difficult throws into NFL windows. But he also makes some of the dumbest decisions you'll see. He has the potential but needs to take a big step forward this year (same with all the QBs to be honest). Pretty meh group right now.

Very weak QB stable this year, no clear cut #1, and a bunch of guys that could be decent but not great.

What's your opinion on Goff and Kiel and Hackenberg?

Back