Two big robberies and delayed scorecards. Highly suspicious.

Phillips Paiva was a clear draw, and Maverick/Barber was an absolute disagrace. One of the most egregious robberies I’ve ever seen.

10-8 rounds are the most inconsistent thing in MMA, nothing about Phillips vs. Paiva was clear that it would be a draw. Judges are really stingy with 10-8s.

exactly this.
It's transparently corrupt and rigged.

So many people would have to be in on it for it to be rigged. Anyone of them could go rogue and blackmail the UFC if it was actually rigged. I doubt the UFC board would risk the whole company so they can give Barber a win.

I can't get behind the whole idea of the UFC rigging fights, because I know just how shit and inept most MMA judges are
Those judges that are way off like in the Miranda/Maycee fight, should have to go in front of panel for a review. If they fuck up enough, kick them the fuck out.

So many people would have to be in on it for it to be rigged. Anyone of them could go rogue and blackmail the UFC if it was actually rigged. I doubt the UFC board would risk the whole company so they can give Barber a win.
all it takes is for the UFC to tell 2 judges "If the fight goes to a decision & it's even REMOTELY close....then make sure it's a narrow win for Fighter A. The $$$ will be deposited as usual, same account".

That's literally all it takes. 2 judges on the take, job done.
nobody who doesn't Need To Know....will ever know.

edit: and the UFC if they're smart (and they are) would never have this traced back to them. They'd have a 3rd party do the instructions and do the payments. Some 3rd party with ZERO connection back to them, etc.etc to cover their tracks. So they get at least 2 degrees of separation. This shit does happen.

all it takes is for the UFC to tell 2 judges "If the fight goes to a decision & it's even REMOTELY close....then make sure it's a narrow win for Fighter A. The $$$ will be deposited as usual, same account".

That's literally all it takes. 2 judges on the take, job done.
nobody who doesn't Need To Know....will ever know.

edit: and the UFC if they're smart (and they are) would never have this traced back to them. They'd have a 3rd party do the instructions and do the payments. Some 3rd party with ZERO connection back to them, etc.etc to cover their tracks. So they get at least 2 degrees of separation. This shit does happen.

A judge can also say no, and they'd be basically screwed for even asking. All payments made by the UFC are on the books, since they are a public company. You would basically need accounting in on it, you'd need someone to find the 3rd party, find the contact, make sure it's the proper judge, and make sure that judge never blabs and that no one ever blabs.

It's a ton of risk to have a decision swing in a very narrow situation. UFC would basically have to bribe the judges ahead of time, and banking on the fact the fight would be a close one. It's a insane dumb move. UFC benefits almost nothing from Maycee Barber winning, she isn't going to win them millions, but if uncovered, everyone would be arrested and the company would basically go under.

It's not like the UFC stands to make a billion dollars to risk the entire company.

Look at PRIDE, they fixed fights, and it didn't take long before it became widely known that they fixed fights.

A judge can also say no, and they'd be basically screwed for even asking. All payments made by the UFC are on the books, since they are a public company. You would basically need accounting in on it, you'd need someone to find the 3rd party, find the contact, make sure it's the proper judge, and make sure that judge never blabs and that no one ever blabs.

It's a ton of risk to have a decision swing in a very narrow situation. UFC would basically have to bribe the judges ahead of time, and banking on the fact the fight would be a close one. It's a insane dumb move. UFC benefits almost nothing from Maycee Barber winning, she isn't going to win them millions, but if uncovered, everyone would be arrested and the company would basically go under.

It's not like the UFC stands to make a billion dollars to risk the entire company.

Look at PRIDE, they fixed fights, and it didn't take long before it became widely known that they fixed fights.
I do understand all those points you made, and they are reasonable points.

But I stand by my point that SOMEONE is telling them "this is the fighter we would prefer to win, do you understand that?". There may be no payments, (certainly no wire transfers as they are discoverable upon investigation) but it is ENTIRELY INEXPLICABLE how every single journalist on this site :
http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/12160/Maycee-Barber-vs-Miranda-Maverick

had that fight as a Maverick win and yet TWO (2!!) of the supposedly highly-trained judges decided to judge Barber as the winner. That is a CLEAR indication of something extremely bad going on : either outright dereliction of duty or they "Received the message" that the UFC would prefer to SAVE Macey Barber's career as a 3-fight losing streak would have been the Death-knell for her.

So ...my summary here is...however it was engineered...it WAS engineered and no, nobody is ever gonna blab (out of sheer FEAR as to what would happen I suspect).

“Blackmail the UFC”

I don't think the delay means anything but Maverick got robbed 100%. That was blatant corruption, it still lingers in combat sports and it's often the same judges over and over doing it without repercussion

Nope, but i wouldn't be surprised if there was something going on.

Didn't they have one of the rounds outcomes printed (instead of written) on the cards when Jones fought Reyes or something too?
I had never heard of this, so I looked it up, and sure enough, here we are...

scorecard-2.png

Holy shit dude, the first 2 rounds are printed in and not hand written...

I can't get behind the whole idea of the UFC rigging fights, because I know just how shit and inept most MMA judges are

Also IF UFC really fixed fight, Conor would be champ, and so would Brock and Ronda.
If they would fix fights it would be for someone that actually mattered.

And getting caught would cost UFC their promoter licence the brand value would drop like a rocck.
2 "no names" would not be worth that risk.. hell NO fighter would be worth that risk.

Dana makes/made too much money to care about bribing judges. You think he's risking his 500 million for that BS? If anyone is sliding money under the table it's the bookies

Back