Two 10-8's for Drew Dober ?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BadJuju, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BadJuju Blue Belt

Wtf? Two 10-8's according to two judges. Who else saw it that way? BS. Home town advantage strikes again.

Edit : Noticed the casuals here dont give a shit. Waiting for some hardcore sherdoggers. If NOBODY gives a shit, Mods delete thread please.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  2. TripAtTheBrain Mentally Incompetent

30-26 = one 10-8 round

8+9+9=26 Quick Maths.

Last round clear 10-8

3. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Holy shit the fight's on?

4. YOLOGOGOPLATA 4x Champ Belt

I didn't see a single 10-8 round. I thought he won the fight so at least they got that right. The numbers are just semantics. But I agree that the scoring was slightly questionable

5. BadJuju Blue Belt

Clear 30-27 for me.

6. welcometohavoc Yellow Card Yellow Card

That 3rd round was def 10-8 under the new scoring.

7. BadJuju Blue Belt

Lol I need to get with the times in that case

8. Kaiokenrye24 Brown Belt

The 3rd round being a 10-8 is not out of the question

9. TripAtTheBrain Mentally Incompetent

From the new unified rules. You could argue either way. But I think Dober dominated Tuck in round 3.

10–9 Round “A 10 – 9 Round in MMA is where one combatant wins the round by a close margin.”

A 10 – 9 round in MMA is the most common score a judge assesses during the night. If, during the round, the judge sees a fighter land the better strikes, or utilize effective grappling during the competition, even if by just one technique over their opponent, the judge shall give the winning fighter a score of 10 while assessing the losing fighter a score of 9 or less. It is imperative that judges understand that a score of 9 is not an automatic numerical score given to the losing fighter of the round. The judge must consider: Was the fighter engaged in offensive actions during the round? Did the losing fighter compete with an attitude of attempting to win the fight, or just to survive the offensive actions of their opponent? A score of 10 – 9 can reflect an extremely close round or a round of marginal domination and/or impact.

10–8 Round A 10 – 8 Round in MMA is where one fighter wins the round by a large margin.

A 10 – 8 round in MMA is not the most common score a judge will render, but it is absolutely essential to the evolution of the sport and the fairness to the fighters that judges understand and effectively utilize the score of 10 – 8. A score of 10 – 8 does not require a fighter to dominate their opponent for 5 minutes of a round. The score of 10 – 8 is utilized by the judge when the judge sees verifiable actions on the part of either fighter. Judges shall ALWAYS give a score of 10 – 8 when the judge has established that one fighter has dominated the action of the round, had duration of the domination and also impacted their opponent with either effective strikes or effective grappling maneuvers that have diminished the abilities of their opponent.

10. BadJuju Blue Belt

Thanks for the education brother. The new rules were always ambiguous and vague to me until now.