Twitter Reactions to Rampage v. Mo

Bunch of haters
Punching someone in the face > Taking them down and doing nothing.
2-1 Rampage.

This.

All the talk from King Mo about "hurting" Rampage resulted in his running away and holding on for dear life against the fence. That shouldn't win you a fight, doing damage > "controlling". You can't even call it controlling since Rampage stuffed him more times than got taken down.

Let them have a rematch, seems like King Mo wants none of that though.

Neither should getting hugged and held.

I'm not a Mo fan (matter of fact, I probably have never rooted for him in a fight ever) but he won that fight. Mo didn't do much, Rampage did even less.

I don't know why this simple point is hard for people to grasp. Whenever someone wins in a lackluster fight, people always claim "he barely did anything!" Well, did he do more than his opponent?

Fighting for a takedown is not "laying and praying". Fighting to keep the guy down who is trying to get to his feet is not "laying and praying" and having the guy wrap you up with wrist control etc while on bottom to avoid getting hit is not the top guy "laying and praying." Fighters don't have free rein to rain down bombs while on top. They are fighting a professional fighter.

I don't know why this simple point is hard for people to grasp. Whenever someone wins in a lackluster fight, people always claim "he barely did anything!" Well, did he do more than his opponent?

Fighting for a takedown is not "laying and praying". Fighting to keep the guy down who is trying to get to his feet is not "laying and praying" and having the guy wrap you up with wrist control etc while on bottom to avoid getting hit is not the top guy "laying and praying." Fighters don't have free rein to rain down bombs while on top. They are fighting a professional fighter.

here here!

Hold dat black man down mo! dun let em git near u when u be standin!

Mo tried to Lay and Pray. Rampage didn't let him.

I would say that King Mo deserved the nod if he had even done some pitter patter ground and pound, but I don't remember him doing any offense on the ground, except I think for one decent series in the 2nd....

running away also dictates where the fight take place. Only difference is that holding someone down to the ground and OBVIOUSLY stalling/avoiding the fight through a particular technique (Who says running isn't a technique!?) is ''socially'' accepted because it is a part of wrestling.

I wanna the see the shoop of titos head where they made it even bigger than it already is

close fight but honestly, taking someone down and doing absolutely nothing with it shouldnt win you a fight. atleast rampage was trying to hurt Mo

TJ Grant needs to get back in the cage and do his talking there.

Mo should've won, but Rampage was more aggressive. What ya gonna do

Avoid watching them fight again if it happens.

TJ Grant needs to get back in the cage and do his talking there.

Mo should've won, but Rampage was more aggressive. What ya gonna do

I know, right? That damn TJ Grant, always running off at the mouth!

I could see it being a draw with a 10-10 third round. But there's no way Mo did enough to actually get a 10-9 out of that round. He attempted to control Rampage but couldn't. At least Rampage landed some shots and controlled the striking.

Lol I think TJ Grant speaks for the majority of us. King Mo did next to nothing on the ground and made it painfully obvious he was stalling/avoiding the fight.

Ya TJ Grant is the voice of reason here. Funny to see these "fighters" crying about a guy that didn't fight

Great Point! I think this is exactly the problem. There was a time when it seemed like a take-down was all a fighter needed to win a fight. Over the years Fans and Fighters have been conditioned by the over emphasis on take-downs and "lay and praying" that it seems shocking when a fighter doesn't get the decision anymore.

I think judgements like the one in the Rampage vs. Mo fight are important because it sets a standard for fighters that they will have to do more than just take a fighter down and lay on them.

I agree and I'm sick of seeing it. People have become conditioned to takedowns and LNP, fighters need to stop being rewarded so heavily for lay and pray.

Neither should getting hugged and held.

I'm not a Mo fan (matter of fact, I probably have never rooted for him in a fight ever) but he won that fight. Mo didn't do much, Rampage did even less.

This is why I think more draws should be handed out. If your gameplan is to use wrestling you should pound the other guy out our use your grappling to set up a sub.If your going top try to take a guys head off dont let the other guy neutralize you (which if the only thing Mo did with his wrestling).

Seems like that's all that happened in the fight. Did Page even stagger Mo in the fight? Did Mo go for any subs or seem to hurt Rpage on the mat or just holds him down and against the cage?

Hugging and Holding shouldn't win fights.

This.

Its absolute rubbish to see how far this 'unified' ass-backwards notion of 'fighting' (or rather 'competing') has infested MMA. Where people have accepted and actually DEFEND this shit. Where Mo can be seen as 'winning' the fight where all he basically wanted to do was AVOID fighting by working for the almighty TAKE DOWN - and yeah he did it for ~50% of the match, but that's all he did. Where position and 'control' can be seen as equal to damage and/or threats of finishing there is a massive problem. Rampage equally took UP the fight and equalized the position on every occasion bar one stand up. (Yet this somehow is seen as insignificant)

Position and 'being on top' itself is SO overvalued, that you might as call it a wrestling match. The Unified System has killed the *fight* in modern MMA.

Judgements like Rampage/Mo (well 'scores', lets not call it judging) do at least something to rectify the situation. Had Mo won, it would be another nail in the coffin of fighting.

This.

Its absolute rubbish to see how far this 'unified' ass-backwards notion of 'fighting' (or rather 'competing') has infested MMA. Where people have accepted and actually DEFEND this shit. Where Mo can be seen as 'winning' the fight where all he basically wanted to do was AVOID fighting by working for the almighty TAKE DOWN - and yeah he did it for ~50% of the match, but that's all he did. Where position and 'control' can be seen as equal to damage and/or threats of finishing there is a massive problem. Rampage equally took UP the fight and equalized the position on every occasion bar one stand up. (Yet this somehow is seen as insignificant)

Position and 'being on top' itself is SO overvalued, that you might as call it a wrestling match. The Unified System has killed the *fight* in modern MMA.

Judgements like Rampage/Mo (well 'scores', lets not call it judging) do at least something to rectify the situation. Had Mo won, it would be another nail in the coffin of fighting.

This, 100%.

Lmao anyone who thinks mo should have won is crazy. He did NOTHING on the feet he ran for dear life not to engage and on the ground he didn't try to do much there either. Rampage got up and blasted him on the feet.

Back