Twitter Reactions to Rampage v. Mo

anyone upset with the decision is an idiot. both guys looked like shit and deserved to lose. the robbery was the fight itself

Lol I think TJ Grant speaks for the majority of us. King Mo did next to nothing on the ground and made it painfully obvious he was stalling/avoiding the fight.

Haha, TJ Grant is awesome.

I love how bad judging has become the norm for so long that good judging is now frowned upon. 'He controlled where the fight took place', uh, really? Did he?

I think Mo wanted the fight on the mat and he had to resort to pushing him against the fence. If you're dictating where it takes place, it's in a position where you can attack - Mo was never in that position to attack, only to attempt to solidify and fail.

People will say that there's no points for defending a TD, that's true, but there shouldn't be any for failing either. As little as Rampage did with his offense, he did more than Mo.

Last edited:
Hugging and Holding shouldn't win fights.

Neither should getting hugged and held.

I'm not a Mo fan (matter of fact, I probably have never rooted for him in a fight ever) but he won that fight. Mo didn't do much, Rampage did even less.

TJ Grant needs to get back in the cage and do his talking there.

Mo should've won, but Rampage was more aggressive. What ya gonna do

Why do people think Mo should have won? I mean, I know the guy and I still was smh about his complete lack of damage done.

I'm not a Mo fan (matter of fact, I probably have never rooted for him in a fight ever) but he won that fight. Mo didn't do much, Rampage did even less.

Mo's bloodied and swollen eye states otherwise. Rampage threw and landed significantly more punches.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/17/5727300/bellator-120-fight-night-photos-pictures#4080049

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/17/5727300/bellator-120-fight-night-photos-pictures#4079915

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/17/5727300/bellator-120-fight-night-photos-pictures#4079913

I guess my question is, what effective grappling did Mo have outside the first TD? None - he was stuffed. What effective striking did he have? None. He swung wild and missed.

Yeah, Rampage didn't do a ton in any regard, but he landed on Mo much more consistently and closed his eye.

I thought marks on the face didn't matter according to Sherdog? It gets shot down pretty much any Diaz/GSP/Hendricks fight

I guess it does when it's convenient though. Either way, I'm not gonna argue about this because I don't really feel passionate about this fight. Just in my opinion, Mo won, even if all he did was hug

I love how bad judging has become the norm for so long that good judging is now frowned upon. 'He controlled where the fight took place', uh, really? Did he?

I think Mo wanted the fight on the mat and he had to resort to pushing him against the fence. If you're dictating where it takes place, it's in a position where you can attack - Mo was never in that position to attack, only to attempt to solidify and fail.

People will say that there's no points for defending a TD, that's true, but there shouldn't be any for failing either. As little as Rampage did with his offense, he did more than Mo.

I gave the fight to Mo but I actually agree with this. There was also points at the end of the 3rd where Mo was literally running away from Rampage having assumed he did enough to win, shit like that should work against fighters heavily when it comes to scoring.

You should see the rest of Cormier's tweets, oh how I love his tears.

.... Either way, I'm not gonna argue about this because I don't really feel passionate about this fight. Just in my opinion, Mo won, even if all he did was hug

Fair enough! I actually thought Mo was going to get the decision given the tendency for judges to score takedowns so heavily. I was shocked when it went to Rampage even though I felt Rampage deserved the fight.

I can see arguments for the decision going to Mo, Rampage and a Draw. It was a close, sloppy fight.

I love how bad judging has become the norm for so long that good judging is now frowned upon.
'He controlled where the fight took place', uh, really? Did he?

Great Point! I think this is exactly the problem. There was a time when it seemed like a take-down was all a fighter needed to win a fight. Over the years Fans and Fighters have been conditioned by the over emphasis on take-downs and "lay and praying" that it seems shocking when a fighter doesn't get the decision anymore.

I think judgements like the one in the Rampage vs. Mo fight are important because it sets a standard for fighters that they will have to do more than just take a fighter down and lay on them.

I love how bad judging has become the norm for so long that good judging is now frowned upon.

Thread can pretty much end right here. Great point.

Bunch of haters
Punching someone in the face > Taking them down and doing nothing.
2-1 Rampage.

Back