Twitter outraged at Shia LaBeouf , accused of laughing at co-star with Down syndrome at Oscars 2020

I didn't really think he was laughing at him. I think he was just kind of smiling and having a chuckle like people do with a friend or something. I didn't see anything to be outraged over to be honest.

I get mad b/c people with disabilities just wanted to be treated like regular people and people always say you should just treat them like normal. Well.....normal people/friends chuckle and smile together and joke around, not walk on eggshells around each other.

Not only that we don't even know the context. Maybe they were just in the back joking about how not to do exactly what he's doing now or some inside joke between them.

Not only that we don't even know the context. Maybe they were just in the back joking about how not to do exactly what he's doing now or some inside joke between them.

Exactly. I assume they have some relationship/friendship from working together. I don't think he's openly mocking the guy on TV like that. I like what you said, they might have been joking about it before or had some friendly bet going that he would or wouldn't stumble over the words. We really have no idea.

Late to the story TS. Director already defended La Boof. Shia was asked to do the award, but asked that his Down syndrome costar get to copresent with him. Per usual, the Twitter outrage is unfounded.

You can't "cancel" the Beouf. He's fucking untouchable. Guy plays by his own rules.

Twitter outrage is very powerful several famous people have lost gigs from the cancel culture on twitter, kevin hart most notably was supposed to host the Oscars until some outragers dug up some old tweets and jokes he made about homosexuality and hart under pressure had to bow out.

Most rich elite bow to them because they dont interact with the common man in real life so they feel these outragers are the voice of the people so they bow to them. Some politicians were running their campaign around twitter woke culture.

The power of the Twitter outrage where corporations take them very serious. Twitter cancel culture is the worst have no clue why they have so much power.

But when you give these type of small splinter group power they abuse it, I wonder how they would feel if someone dug up dirt on them from the past they way they do to these famous people and used it to get them fired, i bet they wouldnt like it, play victim cry and say you are wrong.

yeah well if society as a whole stopped giving a shit, the world would be a better place.

As you mentioned, all you need is a little bunch of outraged cunts and it can have a huge effect, while the common person actually DGAF.

Imagine how awesome it would be if some major corporation' response to twitter trash was "don't care,lol".

He was good in Wall Street 2.

ok everybody likes to shit on him for that movie by I have said this for years: he absolutely killed it from an acting perspective.
The character itself was unbearable but Labouf was spot on in every single scene, and sorry to say but it was not an easy role to play. Crazy range of emotions and he was spot on every single second.

When are people on Twitter finally going to get the memo that no one gives a fuck about their opinion?

Wait people got offended by something?

Time for that public apology..

LaBeouf is the GOAT, doubt he gives af about the snowflake outrage

LOL yeah, they're aren't going to get an apology out of Shia, ever.

As much of a nut as he is, whether you like him or not, he's probably the most genuine person in Hollywood.

Personally I love that kid from the Ringer.

tenor.gif

Same. He was great in an episode of Workaholics as well.

Nothing to see here, he didn’t do anything wrong at all, Twitter is a collection of some the worst people. I sometimes wonder if Twitter was a person what would they look like?

Some people clearly just want to be outraged. It was pretty obvious to me that they put them out there together because of comfort level, and that Shia was helping him and trying to make him come out of his shell in the moment. The guys disability was pretty significant, it didn’t seem like he could read the prompters, so he needed to pull it together under what probably felt like a lot of pressure.

I don’t particularly care for the guy as an actor, but he pulled his costar through that situation pretty smoothly all things considered.

This is a War Room thread. Please stop putting War Room threads in Mayberry.
That's debatable I suppose, but it's more or an entertainment thread than a political one.

That's debatable I suppose, but it's more or an entertainment thread than a political one.
As soon as the bitching about social justice appears, that's the slope. Mayberry is a lot less fun because of it.

Oh, does the crappier than average half of society want to condemn normal human behavior on social media so they can keep hiding how nasty they really are in real life again?

Yeah, we are ALL getting tired of that. Nice try, scum-bags.

ok everybody likes to shit on him for that movie by I have said this for years: he absolutely killed it from an acting perspective.
The character itself was unbearable but Labouf was spot on in every single scene, and sorry to say but it was not an easy role to play. Crazy range of emotions and he was spot on every single second.

I dug that flick.

Thought he did a great job, too.

Back