1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Twitch suspends Trump campaign account...

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Ûdun Ghuephd, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Milton_Gracie Green Belt

So Twitch suspended Trump’s account because he or his legal team thoroughly read through, agreed and abided by their terms of service?

Or is the president exempt from contracts the way he is exempt from wearing a mask?

2. original doom Black Belt

rosa parks has a seat reserved for republicans lol.

ToxicShocker likes this.
  3. Rational Poster War Room Messiah

<Dany07>

ToxicShocker likes this.
  4. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!! Yellow Card

And........ we're back to this.

If it weren't for liberals I don't know what I would do for entertainment.

Confucamus and Ûdun Ghuephd like this.
  5. Hungry Joe Purple Belt

Trump has been pushing the limits with social media because he wants to get banned. These are the kind of stunts our bs fake ass President is pulling instead of doing anything to benefit our country.
    It seems obvious to me that his campaign strategy is to Make America Great Again by having the nation debate the importance of allowing the POTUS the ability to post racist comments on every social media outlet. “Kung Flu” “tough hombres” “ white power” are in response to low poll numbers to rally the base. I’m embarrassed and disgusted that this is the behavior of America’s president in 2020.

6. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Ah, I see, you're just ignorant. You just quoted my comment about dress codes in restaurants, and compared that to deplatforming political speech (while ignoring that I again just iterated that I don't object to private businesses being afforded the right to determine who is allowed on their platforms).

There's actually a parallel that can be drawn here. As I indirectly referenced in that post, and then elaborated on later in that thread, a restaurant has absolute authority over its dress code, but it must also abide the CRA. Those in that thread who tried to argue race was the motivating factor ignored the two boys were NOT wearing identical dress, and furthermore, they ignored the manager told the lady he would be happy to serve them if they simply repaired their attire. The restaurant obviously wasn't broadly denying service to black people. If those who insisted the restaurant was racist wanted to demonstrate that, then they should have shown that no black person was ever served at the restaurant. Obviously they couldn't, so they shit-stirred their bigoted bias on speculative grounds comparing unlike things. It was appallingly racist.

Meanwhile, per political campaigns, this would be a bit like private corporate television networks censoring one party's main ticket for the Presidency, in this case Trump and his campaign, because they subjectively perceived him to be broadcasting "hate speech". They refused to air his ads. They refused to cover his rallies. This wouldn't be legal for the television networks, and frankly, I think there is a compelling argument it shouldn't be legal for the social media companies, either. Both require federal licensing via regulatory bodies to operate their businesses, so they're not immune to the limits impose on private businesses pertaining to free speech. Because they are tools of mass communication they have a peculiar responsibility to broadcast the campaigns of our two major parties.
    https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/public-and-broadcasting

Mr Holmes, Curmudgeon and HappyCamper like this.
  7. HappyCamper Orange Belt

Do we have any examples of the racist stuff getting posted there?

8. Prutfis Master of pups

Another victim complex circle jerk..

Can we get a mega thread for this shit?

whougonnacall and Teen Wolf like this.
  9. Gas121 Orange Belt

It seems social media and the media in general are going to make it hard for Trump to get his views across for the election.

This is very damaging for his promotion. Biden is having a free ride and is looking good to win the election at this point.

I see the only way back for trump to claw back is destroy Biden in the debates.

10. Rational Poster War Room Messiah

It's all you deserve. Your brain is literally rotten and not worth wasting any time on.

11. thegreenblender Brown Belt

Like 90%+ of internet conversation is flowing through these platforms. So, if you're curating that content how you wish you're basically nerfing the world in your favor. We need clearer standards on platform vs publisher protections and expectations of neutrality when you operate at a certain scale.

I love how everyone is all Ayn Rand when it's in their interest now, though, but dem private companies...

12. Tropodan Yellow Card Yellow Card

Boycott twitch

13. sickc0d3r Red Belt

Violating the terms and conditions you agree to when you create an account can get you banned. Who knew the internet would be so hard?

14. thegreenblender Brown Belt

Right...except these same companies turn a blind eye when the hate speech is "kill all white people" and the like. They want platform status and protections while claiming "just our policy" while cherry picking what is deemed an offense...ignoring their own terms as convenient. They are going to be sued and/or reformed, and rightfully so

15. uppercutbus Silver Belt

They also banned "TERFS" (trans exclusionary radical feminist) subreddits to silence female voices and leftist subs that were critical of Joe biden. It's clear if you're not 100% with them you're against them, wouldn't be surprised if they're really "trained marxists" like BLM and not just blue-haired campus types.

16. A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

He should only be allowed back fulltime if he will stream beating Sekiro.

17. Kandyland Green Belt

Well that's not a fair comparison considering the majority of Mods are left leaning. You'll notice the leftists trolls get way more leeway than right leaning trolls. I mean, look how long it took Kong to finally get banned with his empty, shit posting.

Not a good question to ask Mr. Conservative.

uppercutbus likes this.
  18. A_bomb47 Wha happan to you Sherdog?

This post made me think about those totally not racist idiots being upset because they dared to portray nazi's are the bad guys in the Wolfenstein games.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  19. Hungry Joe Purple Belt

Do you have some evidence of “Kill all white people “ being allowed on Twitch? I was under the impression that their guidelines were pretty strict as they are mostly video game streams and a lot of kids watching.

20. I am your real dad I am surrounded by NERDs !!! Yellow Card

I agree, using liberals for my entertainment is probably bad for brain cells and is a total waste of time.

It might get bad enough to were I start believing their propaganda.

I need help!