Twitch suspends Trump campaign account...

Why is it wrong in one case and not the other?
Well, if the government is doing it, they're doing soemthing that they're expressly not allowed to do. That's wrong.

If a company is doing it, they're doing something that they're very much allowed to do, that makes it a difference of opinion, neither right nor wrong. To the company, it's right. To the person who's negatively affected, it's wrong. Both groups are equally entitled to view the issue as they see fit.

This is not a Constitutional issue. There is no free speech violation.

Something can not be a consitutional issue, and still be a free speech violation. The Constitution limits the power of government to regulate free speech. A private corporation is allowed to infringe on free speech, but it is an infringement nevertheless.

Well, if the government is doing it, they're doing soemthing that they're expressly not allowed to do. That's wrong.

If a company is doing it, they're doing something that they're very much allowed to do, that makes it a difference of opinion, neither right nor wrong. To the company, it's right. To the person who's negatively affected, it's wrong. Both groups are equally entitled to view the issue as they see fit.

This argument is literally just "If its legal, its right. Its it illegal, its wrong." This is shallow thinking. Our founding fathers had deep philosophical reasons for protecting free speech in the Constitution. A society where people are free to think and express themselves and engage in debate and exchange ideas, is a healthy society. We are rapidly losing that ability. Not because of government infringement, but because of corporate hegemony and cancel culture. And nothing good will come of it.

If a major social site banned BLM, do you think people would just shrug it off as private rights? What about private companies sued for not serving gays? You supported the business?

You are ok with silencing opinions and beliefs just because you disagree with them?
I don't know what people would do but it wouldn't be "wrong" if the social site did so within the bounds of the law. I would say exactly what I'm saying now - "Don't use that site. Go somewhere else and if you have enough impact, they'll notice."

Your conservative values are under attack and that's your response to it?
My conservative values aren't under attack. A private company exercising control over access to its platform within the boudns of the law is exactly what my conservative values support. I've always argued that society should settle this out how it sees fit, under the law.

The thing about real values is that they remain the same regardless of who they're applied to.

Twitch has a right to free speech too. They're not obligated to let anyone use their platform.

That's a real American value.
That's not the definition of a platform.
They just became a publisher with this censorship.
Now they will be libel for their content.

Let the lawsuits and taxes commence!
RIP twitch. You were a B!+€#

I don't know what people would do but it wouldn't be "wrong" if the social site did so within the bounds of the law. I would say exactly what I'm saying now - "Don't use that site. Go somewhere else and if you have enough impact, they'll notice."

What we are seeing is cooperation between between many, many multinational corporations to stiffle competition, though. Reddit, Twitch, and Youtube are all acted in unison today to deplatform thousands of accounts. There is coordination and cooperation. Its not just "go elsewhere"...they coordinate to shut down all the "elsewhere". Look at Alex Jones. He was deplatformed, bucked from half a dozen different hosting services, Bank of America closed his accounts, and Paypal refuses to process payments for him. We are living in a time when you can effectively be unpersoned simply because of the power the corporations have, and how tightly they coordinate. You may not have the foresight to see, but its only worsening. What will you say when thoughtcriminals are no longer able to have ANY bank accounts, hold ANY job, or even the right to purchase food?

That's not the definition of a platform.
They just became a publisher with this censorship.
Now they will be libel for their content.

Let the lawsuits and taxes commence!
RIP twitch. You were a B!+€#

Trump is a cuck and won't do anything.

My conservative values aren't under attack. A private company exercising control over access to its platform within the boudns of the law is exactly what my conservative values support. I've always argued that society should settle this out how it sees fit, under the law.

The thing about real values is that they remain the same regardless of who they're applied to.
In other words, you don't really have a opinion on whether Trump's campaign accounts suspension is just or not, it's simply... 'good' from you?

And you could also demand a black person leave you living room because you hate blacks. We recognize that freedom of association is important to, but it exists in a balancing act with other freedoms. You wouldn't argue that someone should be allowed to open a white's only restaurant, would you?

Of course I wouldn’t argue that. There is a bit of gray area on this topic and the left seems to be getting carried away. I don’t personally have a problem with people screaming white power or whatever they want.

In other words, you don't really have a opinion on whether Trump's campaign accounts suspension is just or not, it's simply... 'good' from you?

He wants to live in some sort of Cyberpunk dystopia where we are slaves to corporations that wield unlimited power.

I think Trump already signed an executive order.

You liberal cucks never cease to humor me. I like you little rascals.

Did the executive order do anything? Clearly the social media companies don't seem phased by it...

You've been cucked by Trump this time.

Might give your misses a break from entertaining blm protesters, eh?

Literally means nothing. Executive orders aren't often worth more than the paper they're written on.

And even if it did mean anything that Executive order supports Twitch's position here. If they're going to be held legally responsible for the people posting on their platform then they're going to moderate it more fervently, not less.

Also, that was May 28th, idiot. What's today's date?

Last edited:
For a time. But just like with McCarthyism, or the KKK lynchings, or the witch hunts, eventually the dust will settle and these people will be recorded in the history books as what they are, a fervent hate mob.
LOL, calm down there Karen

He wants to live in some sort of Cyberpunk dystopia where we are slaves to corporations that wield unlimited power.
Yeah he seems to fail to realize that this is just another stepping stone for power unchecked by corporations.

Back