Twitch suspends Trump campaign account...

Unconfirmed reports say reddit could be banning up to 10k accounts and sites. Now Twitch. It's reasonable, based on what's happening that Facebook and Twitter will be next.
10k still wouldn't be wholesale. they've got hundreds of millions of users and tens of thousands of subreddits. Even if the bast majority of the accounts and sites that are banned are right-leaning, it still wouldn't be a wholesale banning of certain beliefs and/or opinions.

But I'm not going to really argue this, I think people who complain about how private platforms manage their platforms without ever referencing the rules that those platforms operate under aren't really paying attention to the specifics of the event. Rather, they see an outcome, see a correlation, and then scream causation at the top of their lungs.

Rather than "they're censuring right-wing positions", are you saying that Reddit's claim that these various subreddits and/or users kept violating rules despite attempts to talk to them isn't true?

Admittedly, I side with the platform there because we see enough repeat offenders on this site that I'm pretty comfortable saying that the problem users rarely respond to polite requests to stop doing whatever problem behavior they're doing.

So in your opinion there is nothing wrong with wholesale censure of certain beliefs or opinions? You just label them cucks and don't care?

You don't know what the word "censure" means, so please stop using it.

No, it's not problematic at all for corporations to refuse to provide services to persons who actively and shamelessly spread misinformation and threaten the very viability of our society.

It's a full court press by:
  • Social Media
  • MSM
  • Education
  • Bureaucracies
.... all attacking Trump to get him out at any cost. That will happen to any candidate that is not approved by The Swamp. Go Biden is literally a huge Swamp Creature with his Ukraine, Iraq, China, Financial Institution $$$$ kickbacks and establishment policies. He's senile, but they approve, because they can control him. Perhaps too many Americans have decided Freedom is not worth it anymore and are good with submitting to Authoritarian Control.

The president is tweeting people shouting white power. I mean there has to be a line somewhere right?

what exactly is that line ? do tell .. the whole point of free speech is to allow unpopular speech .. besides that white power was absolutely nothing .. he was obviously mocking the protesters

No. Free speech applies to all of us.

Right it protects us from the law. A private company can restrict whatever it wants I believe. I’m not saying I agree with it but I certainly understand it from a companies perspective. They done want to be held liable in case someone gets incited to action by listening to the presidents words

what exactly is that line ? do tell .. the whole point of free speech is to allow unpopular speech .. besides that white power was absolutely nothing .. he was obviously mocking the protesters

I said it before, free speech protection comes from the constitution to protect us from the law. Private companies can do what they want right?

Right it protects us from the law. A private company can restrict whatever it wants I believe. I’m not saying I agree with it but I certainly understand it from a companies perspective. They done want to be held liable in case someone gets incited to action by listening to the presidents words

This isn't about whether what Twitch did was legal. Its about whether its moral. It was completely legal at one point to ban blacks from your restaurant. But we realized that makes for a pretty bigoted and shitty place to live. Its the same thing now with idealogy. Who wants to live in a country where billion-dollar megacorporations openly discriminate against large swaths of the population because they committed wrongthink?

Nah, Trump and his cultists should be allowed to disseminate Covid misinformation and hate speech about foreigners, blacks, and other minority groups as they wish. even if it gets people killed. Only the left should be held accountable for any errors in policy speech or social stances.

While we're at it, Trumps bestie Bolsonaro from Brazil should also be entitled to say what he wants about Covid-19, no matter how many Brazilians dop dead. Free speech should trump human decency, human rights and the like.

but you’re ok with fake news cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs disseminating deceiving and/or fake news that get people killed or harmed, without repercussions

I said it before, free speech protection comes from the constitution to protect us from the law. Private companies can do what they want right?

This isn't a court room. Do you believe in the principles and importance of free speech?

This isn't a court room. Do you believe in the principles and importance of free speech?

Of course I do and we are protected from the law. If someone started shouting white power in my living room I would ask them to leave, as they have no such protections

Amazing the mental gymnastics the hate fueled left goes through to be ok with such a blatant attack on this country and it's core values

It's not mental gymnastics. It is correctly pointing out that private companies are not regulated by the 1st in the way that the State is.

This is not a Constitutional issue. There is no free speech violation. No private institution is required to give everyone a platform, and they can certainly institute their own guidelines for using their platform.

This has been discussed numerous times and really doesn't need another poorly thought out thread about it.

Of course I do and we are protected from the law. If someone started shouting white power in my living room I would ask them to leave, as they have no such protections

And you could also demand a black person leave you living room because you hate blacks. We recognize that freedom of association is important to, but it exists in a balancing act with other freedoms. You wouldn't argue that someone should be allowed to open a white's only restaurant, would you?

Back