Twister Pass

o'dubhlaoich

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
At the TUF finale someone who I cant remember was trying to pass the half guard and Rogan said he was going for a twister pass. What is a twister pass??? Is it another basic BJJ move that Bravo renamed? Or is it an actual half guard pass?

I didn't actually see it, but a few passes do lead to the twister if used correctly

Rogan really shouldn't be allowed to analyze grappling anymore.. the bravo propaganda is getting way too annoying..

Rogan really shouldn't be allowed to analyze grappling anymore.. the bravo propaganda is getting way too annoying..

yeah, as much as I love Rogan I dion't thin k everyone should have to be familiar with the 10th Planet System to know WTF is going on.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the pass where you go across their body like you're going for the kimura. You don't actually have to do the kimura, you can just clear the arm. From there you just push the knee and slip your leg out. This pass often lands you straight into mount.

This is my go to half guard pass along with the standard tripod.

yeah, as much as I love Rogan I dion't thin k everyone should have to be familiar with the 10th Planet System to know WTF is going on.

Ya he just couldnt say he is trying to pass half guard he had to add some eddie bravo shit into it. Like you said most grapplers dont know all of eddies stupid ass names for basic positions so there is no way a joe shmo would

i would rather he say they are using the reverse scarf pass

at my gym we call it the "marcelo pass" because its marcelo garcia's goto pass. i've also heard it referred to as a "face the legs pass." the eddie bravo BS must be stopped

This pass is in Roberto Gordinho Correa's half guard instructional, and that thing was made a while back

Yeah, he didn't have to call it the Twister pass. It's a very good pass that's becoming more popular especially in grappling comps, the one where you turn into the guy and wedge your leg out. I've seen Marcelo using this basic pass for years now.

So it was the "backstepping pass"?

I use descriptions, names piss me off. this isn't kung fu. Nobody cares about lotus death blow, or extreme monkey fist.

So it was the "backstepping pass"?

I use descriptions, names piss me off. this isn't kung fu. Nobody cares about lotus death blow, or extreme monkey fist.

It was actually mongoose escapes python if you want to be technical.

"Eddie Bravo gives all these moves names so that he can call it out in competition and nobody will know what you're saying. And beacuse it's funny."

- Joe Rogan

Makes you wonder if Eddie is still backstage speaking to Rogan.

I dont know if he still does this but he used to be in the back "or in the van" (like he said in one interview) speaking directly to Joe Rogan about the fights. Now that Rogans understanding of MMA is better he might not be needed but Bravo used to help him out.

"Eddie Bravo gives all these moves names so that he can call it out in competition and nobody will know what you're saying. And beacuse it's funny."

- Joe Rogan

but if everyone in a forum knows what he's talking about he kind of botched that didn't he?

The reverse scarf pass is no secret move. That's what were talking about here right?

"In half guard turn into opponent and use hand to push opponents half guard off while you pry your leg out"

Makes you wonder if Eddie is still backstage speaking to Rogan.

I dont know if he still does this but he used to be in the back "or in the van" (like he said in one interview) speaking directly to Joe Rogan about the fights. Now that Rogans understanding of MMA is better he might not be needed but Bravo used to help him out.

He actually said in a recent interview that he still does this, and will continue to do work like that for the UFC.

Back