Twisted Ankle

Jaggulat1on

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Twisted my ankle a week ago, doing a Uchimata that sent the uke flying to land on my foot.. Havnt really noticed it until 2 days ago, the pain keeps building up.. I dont wanna stop training because of this, any suggestions on what to do?

same problem , different reason. i twisted my ankle and its swollen to like double the size. just icing it and it doesnt seem to be getting worse , it just hasnt improved for a few days. if ur not stressing that ankle when ur training, then strap it up and just keep going .

parallax86 said:
same problem , different reason. i twisted my ankle and its swollen to like double the size. just icing it and it doesnt seem to be getting worse , it just hasnt improved for a few days. if ur not stressing that ankle when ur training, then strap it up and just keep going .

thats what i did, strapped it up. It's worse now after the judo class i had today just an hour ago, I wont train anymore now since i have an competition coming up, hopefully i will be good by then

i would do is fire and ice. It should stop the swelling and you shouldnt go to any more class untill the ankle get better.

Jaggulat1on said:
thats what i did, strapped it up. It's worse now after the judo class i had today just an hour ago, I wont train anymore now since i have an competition coming up, hopefully i will be good by then

yeh the side of my foot is black at the mo , and most of the top looks like its bruised. i think im also gonna lay off for a day or two.

Dude I just made the same exact threaad likea week ago

Brand Nizzle said:
Dude I just made the same exact threaad likea week ago

thanks for the information...

to the rest, my feet isnt swollen or discolored.. just painful

my ligaments r torn , but only the back ones. cool , my first 'proper' injury.

parallax86 said:
my ligaments r torn , but only the back ones. cool , my first 'proper' injury.

oww man, sound like an awful lot of resting.. i hate missing out on training

Michael Wanaka said:
Take advil/ibuprofen too.

Call me old school, but I'm on of those that dont believe in masking the pain with painkillers.. If that is painkillers :wink:

Jaggulat1on said:
Call me old school, but I'm on of those that dont believe in masking the pain with painkillers.. If that is painkillers :wink:
they're anti-inflammatories they'll help the swelling go down and can speed up healing, probably a good idea, but the most important thing is rest.

Make sure you ease back into training, its too easy to overdo it when coming back from an injury and put yourself back to square one, especially with a comp to train for. Believe me ive been there, did a judo comp with an injured knee that i hadnt allowed to heal fully and ended up relying on grabbing my opponent and immediately doing a half hearted sacrifice throw so i could get into groundwork and choke them out. Not something I'd like to do again even though i managed to win.

Back