Twins BGLL Lace-Up Training Gloves Review!

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
Twins BGLL Training Gloves Review

From TitleMMA's Website:

The premier Thai training glove imported directly from Thailand!

All-leather outer with multi foam padding for optimal protection and training enhancement. Long cuff design with extra padding on inside of wrists and forearm for blocking kicks and punches. Attached thumb for protection and security. Satin nylon hand compartment liner provides extra comfort and moisture-repelling qualities while training.

Cost:

$60.00 - $80.00 + Shipping

Salutations readers! It's been a while since I wrote a review so I feel a bit off but I'm trying to get back into critic mode with this review. I have a pair of Twins BGLL Lace-Up Training Gloves to tell you guys about. I want to start off by saying these gloves look super simple and feel exactly like their pro fight gloves instead of the more popular Twins BGLV-3 training gloves that everyone is familiar with. These models are a bit sleeker and longer and come with different padding. Now I'm gonna be honest and tell you guys I didn't buy these. I actually received them from my training partner who didn't like them all too much. He said the thumb bothered him when he trained with these and decided to stick to his Fairtex gloves. He only used them a few times to hit the bags with so they were slightly broken in by the time I got them. There is bad news however. He hated the thumb so much he actually cut the leather that connects the thumb to the hitting portion of the glove. Yup. He butchered a pair of brand new Twins. I managed to fix it though with a needle and some thread......and super glue. So on with the review!

When I first saw the gloves I noticed they looked very vanilla and almost boring especially when I compared them to the other gloves I currently own and whats currently being offered on the market. I know there are a few of you out there who like this plain Jane approach to gear so this is a personal minor complaint on my end. These models only come in 1 color (black and white), 3 sizes (12, 14, & 16 oz.), and 2 different versions (lace-ups or elastic cuffs). I figured since these were already slightly broken in I would just wear these out so I can move onto to the next pair of gloves in my collection. Never judge a book by it's cover! These gloves took me by surprise. They're a really solid pair of gloves and this is coming from someone who didn't care for the Twins BGLV-3 models (I felt that the padding compressed too fast and that they had poor wrist support). The leather on these is soft but thick (I broke 3 needles trying to reattach the thumb to the glove) and smooth and has a glossy look and feel to it. The screen printing is very high quality and nicely done and hell even the patch is thick and perfectly centered and sewn on (you would not believe how many companies mess this up). The stitching on the glove is perfectly done. There is no popped seams, no overlapping lines, and no exposed or extra material to be seen. There was some TLC put into the making of this glove.

It gets better. The padding is awesome. This is truly a multipurpose training glove. They worked pretty damn good on the bag (provided a satisfying pop when working the bag), the mitts, and even in sparring. In the clinch they worked OK but since the thumbs are slightly curved and I couldn't open my hands up too much they worked better as boxing gloves for me. I used these round after round on the bags since I received them and of course the padding softened up but it didn't compress the padding as much as I expected it to. These gloves do a really good job of absorbing the shock of whatever you're hitting be it the bags or a person. I was able to hit very comfortably and not feel it in my wrists or hands the next day. The fit however is something that keeps this glove from getting a glowing review.

When I first used the gloves I was in love with them! I thought they were one of the best fitting gloves I've ever used. When lace-up the collar didn't pinch my forearms, the nylon lining was very smooth and comfortable and dried quickly, the hand compartment didn't have an extra lip near the fingers so it was easy to make a tight fist over the palm bar, and the wrist protection was pretty good but not great (still better than hook and loops) but after about 5x3 minute rounds I noticed my hands were cramping near the thumb. I took the gloves off and loosened my hand wraps and carried on with my bag routine when it cramped again. It dawned on me why my friend gave the gloves away. The base of the thumb on the glove was too tight and that was why my hands were cramping. I fixed it 2 ways. I wrapped my hands differently and I put a roll of quarters into the thumb overnight and it loosened up enough to where it no longer cramps my (fat) hand.

In conclusion I feel that these gloves are well worth the $60.00 asking price. I haven't had this much fun hitting hard since my TU Heatseekers. Yes the gloves did cramp by hands but I don't think other users will have this problem unless they too have fat hands like me. So if you have “normal” size hands I think you should definitely give these a go especially if you're strapped and looking for 1 pair of gloves that can do it all. I would have no problems recommending these gloves.

Final Score: 8.5/10 -1 point for overly tight fit near the base of the thumb and -.50 for it's plain look and for the soft padding on the wrist of the palm side. It's good but could be better.

For people who don't like to read:

+Really nice all leather design
+Comfortable quick drying nylon lining
+Excellent craftsmanship
+Trusted brand
+True multipurpose glove
+Reasonably priced (I got them for free but still they're a great value)
-Tight fit near the thumb
-Wrist support could be better but it does it's job
-Plain looking/Lack of color options

You can buy these gloves at Title MMA - Mixed Martial Arts Equipment, Training Gear & Supplies

As always if you have a difference of opinion about these gloves or agree with what I had to say about them please share them with us!

Pictures:
100_0874.jpg

100_0873.jpg

100_0883.jpg

100_0879.jpg

100_0878.jpg

Last edited:
What the thumb looks like after I fixed them
100_0877.jpg

The part of the glove that caused my hand to cramp
100_0885.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pics! As always, very thorough and detailed! We'll have to get something that lists your favorite gloves according to your ranking.

Nice review and photos, as always! Those do look like they have a sleeker profile both across the glove, and in the padding at the base of the back of the hand area where they meet the cuff, as compared to the BGVL-3's. Good information. Thanks.

:icon_chee

Thanks guys. I'll try to take comparison pictures next week. I really like the gloves for bag and mitt work. They're a lot of fun to hit the bags with because the foam isn't squishy where it will allow you to roll your wrist even with proper technique.

Great review as always Clamp. Is there anyway you could fix the pic links? I know you had a photobucket housecleaning lately and its unfortunate that all your review's pics are now broken.

Just out of curiousity Clamp, why do these Twins gloves have TitleMMA.com written on the patch? Are they a TitleMMA exclusive that they got specially made by the factories of Twins? Reminds me of how MMAwarehouse got Hayabusa to make a special edition set of red gear for them a few months back.

Maybe, that's pretty likely but other Thai sites are selling the same gloves but I don't know if they have the titlemma.com stitched to them. Maybe we should ask Wes.

Nice review. Is there any difference between these and the ones that ship from thailand? I can get a pair for 63$ plus shipping from muaythaifighting I think and at least they have different colors.

Maybe, that's pretty likely but other Thai sites are selling the same gloves but I don't know if they have the titlemma.com stitched to them. Maybe we should ask Wes.

I think it has something to do with the fact that title is twins offical USA distributor

As always Clamp, great review!! These look like a lot of fun.

I just ordered a pair of these from a Thai site. Ordered green. I can't wait to get them.

I think it has something to do with the fact that title is twins offical USA distributor

Yeah, my headgear has www. twinscanada. ca in that place.

EDIT to fix the url auto-name thing.

Last edited:
Back