Tweet of the day: Bellator's Bubba Jenkins confirms he's 'demoted' from main card to prelims

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Bubba Jenkins

✔@BubbaJenkinsMMA

Yes fight fans, the rumors are STILL true. Demoted from co-main event, to PRELIMS... Results will be the same
1f44a.png
#Putbubbaonthemaincard

Yes fight fans, the rumors are true. I have been demoted from co-main event, to main fight card, to prelims...Results will be the same
261d.png
1f44a.png

Two high-profile featherweight attractions have been added to the main card of the recently announced "Bellator 160: Henderson vs. Pitbull" event on August 26 at Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif. The first pitting the undefeated A.J. McKee (4-0) against Henry Corrales (12-3), and the second newly-announced bout will see Bubba Jenkins (11-2) attempt to avenge a previous loss against Georgi Karakhanyan (24-6-1).

Unlike Jenkins vs. Karakhanyan, McKee vs. Corrales has stayed put on the main card. Presumably this is Bellator's way of promoting their online presence, similar to the way the UFC's made a push for bigger prelim bouts on Fight Pass. This year, Bellator MMA has put Dave Jansen vs. Marcin Held, as well as Justin Lawrence vs. Isao Kobayashi on prelim broadcasts.

For the record, the current main card consists of the Ben Henderson vs. Patricio Pitbull main event, McKee vs. Corrales, Derek Anderson vs. Saad Awad, and Jaimelene Nievara vs. Lena Ovchynnikova.

Crazy... Jansen vs Held was even worse, but this is still a bad move.

Hopefully they either put it back on the main card or show a replay of the fight on the main card. Wanna see him get revenge on Georgi, he could get choked again though.

Nobody cares about the Bellator stream, do they even advertise it on their live shows? It's one thing to put good fights on prelims streams when you have a big enough roster to support it, but Bellator just throws random Women's Flyweight fights on the card instead of fights like Jenkins vs Karakanyan? Didn't they want to hype Bubba?!

Well, atleast a bit of the bout order seems to be confirmed which is a small step in the right direction, because usually I don't know who is fighting when on the card (except main + co main).

If bellator had a Fight Pass or their prelims were aired on TV like UFC i'd be good with this move and understand it. They dont though and nobody watches the prelims on SPike.com and frankly this isnt gonna change that.

You are better off putting this important fight on your main card so people can see it.

Wow was seriously looking forward to bubba getting choked lifeless again. I dont understand these descions are they being made by rich chou? Coker? Via com?

For Mckee vs Corrales? Why? McKee is green and Corrales just isn't worth a main event spot.

Makes no sense. This is a great scrap that should be on the main. They better stack the card

Bellator doesn't have an online presence. But they are trying to promote their bikini models fighting so that is more important for the main card. Oh Bellator. You always provide a good laugh.

I'm ok with this, as said before they're using this fight to sel the live prelim stream. Probably won't draw much but its a free fight so I'm not complaining..

This is shit, Jenkins and Karakhanyan deserve that main card slot more than McKee or Corrales.

This is utterly fucking stupid.

what the faaaaaaaack is going on in Bellator? they have really done quite a bit of head scratching shit
for a while now. I don't understand what it is they are trying to do there. I don't see this sustaining itself. It seems like "lots" of fighters are very unhappy there and get treated like shit, but they also get treated bad in UFC too. Well, depends how you look at that, and what you define as bad. I think they do, others may not, but I have heard quite a few people talk about how messed up Bellator is.

I really thought Bellator would make some huge moves and be relevant. I think they totally killed that off though. I think lots of people are sour on Bellator.

I know they have their die hards just like UFC has theirs. I'm not about promotions though. I know some will talk about the numbers of those shit fights like Kimbo vs. Ken etc. yeah, that's cool lets see them sustain that. People will watch a few times and even WWE experience the same thing because they try to shove anything down the viewers throat with the notion that they will feed them shit and we will like the taste of it because "they'll watch anyways", that's not true... people will move on eventually and say f*ck this shit.

Last edited:
What do Bellator brass have against Bubba? He was begging for a fight forever, they finally gave it to him after fans mass tweeted at coker and Chou. Now this - Put on the prelims under a dude who is somewhat of a protege of his, AJ Mckee. And some random WMMA fight.

Bellator has been bad enough this year, nothing surprises me any more. It's like they are actively trying to be bad.

Remember when they planned to have a Womens title fight on the prelims.

The poor choices this company have been making have stopped surprising me.

It almost like they want to go out of business with the facepalm like booking decisions they're making. Important fights like Jenkins' belong on the main card, what's so complicated about it? I don't know much about the fight business besides playing the World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 MMA booking sim game, but it seems that I can put together better cards than Bellator. As for the prelims, instead of putting them on their website where next to nobody watches them, Bellator should stream them on YouTube where millions of MMA fans can see them, thus building up the name value of the fighters performing in the prelims.

It almost like they want to go out of business with the facepalm like booking decisions they're making. Important fights like Jenkins' belong on the main card, what's so complicated about it? I don't know much about the fight business besides playing the World of Mixed Martial Arts 4 MMA booking sim game, but it seems that I can put together better cards than Bellator. As for the prelims, instead of putting them on their website where next to nobody watches them, Bellator should stream them on YouTube where millions of MMA fans can see them, thus building up the name value of the fighters performing in the prelims.

I understand where most of us are coming from... From a fans perspective, but let's not pretend like we know wtf is going on behind closed doors. Most of us act as if we would know what to do in certain type of situations, when we would in fact be clueless

Bellator doesn't seem like they are going to go out of business any time soon. They have signed like 15 new tv deals in like the last couple of months. Those tv deals don't just happen. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the shitty decisions we bash them for led to some of those deals.

Some people are bashing bellator for putting a wmma fight like lena over someone like Jenkins, but it could make sense in some regard. Bellator has been aggressively expanding abroad with both tv deals and international events. It is actually fairly possible that they are prepping for a card in a place like Russia.. They have decent names for it. They have a champ in Andrey. They have women like Lena and yankova(who have both been given main card slots). They have Sergei who has yet to fight. They have schlemenko who just reduced his suspension. Minakov isn't a wild card with his situation, but we can't completely write him off. Shit, aren't there rumors that bellator is trying to make fedor v Tito? Or have they been debunked?

In regards to putting more high profile cards on their prelims... Like I said, there are tons of things that are taken into account when doing shit like that. I'm about as clueless with these decisions as anyone else. Maybe it's a way for bellator to push for a tv deal for their prelims. Maybe their online advertisers were complaining about results. Maybe they are trying to slowly fizzle out the locals(most of us bash them for this) who populate their prelims. We don't know, but let's not bash like we do know.

They're not going to get more people to watch the Bellator prelims this way. This is a bad move. They don't have the infrastructure of a service like Fight Pass.

They are shitting on their homegrown talent

Back