TV sitcoms

thaifighter541

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm curious, does anybody besides myself not care for them?

Perhaps I am odd, but friends and acquaintances have suggested I watch the seemingly usual popular shows such as "Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "How I met your mother", "modern family", "The Office" and a whole host of other shows that I have never bothered to remember. Every time I have watched them, however, I have either fallen asleep or been inundated with cringes due to awful or cliched' acting.
Consequently, I have found I have a proclivity for books as opposed to the shows since it is just much cooler to imagine the characters rather than see someone I don't like act it out.

(in hindsight, I love breaking bad)

I'm curious, does anybody besides myself not care for them?

Perhaps I am odd, but friends and acquaintances have suggested I watch the seemingly usual popular shows such as "Always Sunny in Philadelphia", "How I met your mother", "modern family", "The Office" and a whole host of other shows that I have never bothered to remember. Every time I have watched them, however, I have either fallen asleep or been inundated with cringes due to awful or cliched' acting.
Consequently, I have found I have a proclivity for books as opposed to the shows since it is just much cooler to imagine the characters rather than see someone I don't like act it out.

(in hindsight, I love breaking bad)

I'm pretty much with you.

Anything with a laugh track can suck my popsicle.

There is some really good stuff coming out these days...I mean the comedic writing in shows like Always Sunny & Eastbound and Down & Modern Family is really good. I guess I just don't get much enjoyment out of scripted comedies anymore, so I don't watch them that much. My total time spent consuming TV is about 8 hours a week, and I just find it's better invested in other types of TV/movies than sitcoms.

worse are those that still rely on Saturday Night Live for shits and giggles.

not into them at all. last sitcom i watched was seinfeld. totally into drama now, like breaking bad as you said.

I don't watch every episode but Modern Family is hilarious. So is Sunny.

I really should get caught up.

However, fuck HIMYM, and the Big Bang Theory. Those shows suck ass.

There's a few I like, not many...still better than the unending "reality" dreck that gets pumped out year after year

I love Seinfeld and Scrubs, but pretty much any other sitcom makes me cringe.

The worst of the ones I have seen is Big Bang Theory. Parsons isn't funny.

I like Sitcoms. Even the bad ones are good for wasting 20 minutes at a time.

try the sitcom 'community' it has some good characters.

a sitcom has to have good characters imo. characters like kramer newman and george are classics.

'community' has a few too many women but abed and jeff are good characters.

i think its cancelled now tho hah.

I really enjoyed The Office.

The first 4 seasons were AWESOME. I laughed in every single episode from the pilot to the end of season 4. After that it went to complete shit. A few gems here and there but it was never the same.

The first 4 season were AWESOME. I laughed in every single episode from the pilot to the end of season 4. After that it went to complete trash.

There was a big decline in the later seasons, but it still had a few funny episodes here and there. I absolutely hated Holly though. She ruined most of the later seasons, and Michael Scott leaving sucked too.

Back