Television TV Show Thread

I just watched Will Trent on ABC. It's a new detective series that reminds me of Monk. The premiere was pretty good.
Watched the second one tonight. As a prime time cop show it's really fun and definitely has legs. Watched the second episode of Alert tonight which I'm also enjoying.

I liked it, but the blonde was so freaking annoying

I'm watching Medici (notorious Renaissance-era Italian banking family) really enjoying it.

I'm on S2, which jumps ahead to the kids being older, but has flashbacks, much like S1 did.

I imagine S3 does the same thing.

It's a good political period piece watch. There are some great actors (many familiar) and tons of hot women lol
Sounds good, I'll check it out. I blew through Tokyo Vice in a few days, then switched to Perry Mason and also finished it in a few days. I really never binge watch anything (well, except Cobra Kai), but both were excellent. Mason is little better I think. More polished, sharper dialogue, better actors in general. The action and the Yakuza storyline were enough to make Tokyo a must watch for me.

I liked it, but the blonde was so freaking annoying

I'm watching Medici (notorious Renaissance-era Italian banking family) really enjoying it.

I'm on S2, which jumps ahead to the kids being older, but has flashbacks, much like S1 did.

I imagine S3 does the same thing.

It's a good political period piece watch. There are some great actors (many familiar) and tons of hot women lol
Medici is excellent, I’m in the midst of a rewatch now.
if you like that kind of show I think you’d like The Serpent Queen on starz too.

if you like that kind of show I think you’d like The Serpent Queen on starz too.
Thanks man! It's been added to the list.

I love period pieces. I'm now on to Poldark, set in England after the American revolution. It stars the Dwarf from the Hobbit that Evangeline Lily liked. He has a good presence, so I was surprised to not have seen him in anything since then.

Anyway, the cinematography is gorgeous. He's just returned from the war and lost everything. Sounds like he's in for a good arc.

The Rig on Prime is a decent Prime Brit 6 episode show if anyone wants suspense. Oil rig out in the north sea, strange shaganigans.

I really liked the Serpent Queen. I think I liked it better than House of Dragon. A couple of the characters were a bit over the top silly, but overall it was a really good show.

Finished Gangs of London S2 and thought it was a fun ride. The story and pacing were fine but S1 overshadows it's action sequences. I wasn't the biggest fan of the ending but it was a logical ending. Didn't seem like they had too many routes they could go. I would recommend for action junkies' who like crime dramas.

Liked the ending personally. A nice reward without giving anything away.

Last edited:
Finished episode 5 of The Watcher on Netflix. (Yes The Watcher not The Witcher). I'm enjoying it but it seems like it's falling off the rails about now. Why do so many shows seem to do this nowadays? They have to add a "twist" that is so illogical it ruins everything. It's like they're trying to capture the magic of Lost without taking a lesson from the same damn show.

Anyone started season 2 of Hunters? I can't watch it in public. I was being a silly goose and saying Nazi stuff when the germans came on screen.

I started watching The English on Amazon. It moves painfully slowly but seems interesting through the first two episodes.

The English turned out to be good even though it was slow moving. It's a reminder of how bad some diseases were in the past that can be easily treated today.

I finished the Amazon series called Three Pines based on books by Canadian author Louise Penny. I thought the series was done very well but I haven't read any of the books. It's about a Canadian chief inspector investigating several murders.

The trailer makes it look like that Harley Quinn cartoon (which I gave up on after 2-3 episodes).

Harley makes fun of characters by exagerating their traits. It is funny. Velma is like turning on Superman and getting Homelander.

Started watching Mayor of Kingstown S2E1 and at the rooftop scene was like this same old shit again? and switched to something else and came back. The ho has the entire boat all to herself out in the middle of the lake and doesn't sunbathe fully nude? Pfft!

I started watching The Devils Hour on Amazon Sunday morning before football. I found it very gripping and finished the 6 episodes Monday.

Started watching El Cid on Amazon Prime. In school a teacher had us watch the Charleston Heston(?) movie. Switched to this show after watching several minutes of Ring of Time or whatever it was with Rosamund Pike.

EDIT: Watched most of El Cid S1 and I liked it. Would watch the rest and S2 later. Just 5 eps per season.

Last edited:
Back