1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Television TV Show Thread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Mar 18, 2019.

1. PEB Great turntable of space and time dude

2. chardee macdennis Banned Banned

looking forward to new season of ozark. also peacemaker just came out

3. chardee macdennis Banned Banned

whys it un PC?

4. Krixes The Undefeated Gaul Platinum Member

Just finished Squid Game, and loved it. Any other shows like SG worth watching?

GtehMVP likes this.
  5. GtehMVP Black Belt

I never watched Curb beyond a few episodes.

I binged Seinfeld right through not long after it released on Netflix, so I was craving more. I had almkst all 10 seasons of Curb to enjoy, as s10 was still going.

It's pretty good, pretty, pretty...pretty good :D

I loved that Seinfeld reunion. I didn't even know that existed.

Larry is such an idiot, and his walk kills me. That's fuck you money walking.

Leon is my fav character too. He's exactly what the show was missing in those earlier seasons. What an odd pairing, but they have great chemistry.

I just finished the last episode last night. I'm sad it's done for now, but I can't complain about the run I had with that and Seinfeld back to back.

6. GtehMVP Black Belt

Alice in Borderland is great. It's not as good as Squid Games, but def worth a watch. I wasnt too keen on the start, but there's a scene in episode 3 that shook me. Watch until at least you finish ep 3, then decide if yiu want to continue. I did not expect that, still stuck with me!

It gets a bit convoluted at the end, but it's a good ride with a compelling mystery. The athletic chick that joins in ep 3/4 is mint

Krixes likes this.
  7. GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

I'm quoting my own post because a flaw in my own logic stood out to me.

Do we really have any evidence that a 2-year gap between seasons equals a better quality show?

Because two examples that it was obviously NOT the case were Game of Thrones Season 8 and Witcher Season 2.

Common sense would imply that rushed shows usually take a hit in quality, but does writing really effected? Because writing is a pre-production process taking place months, before the first day of filming starts. Its feasible that a show's team of writers could have multiple seasons outlined with a draft for each episode completed years in advance.

So, when we hear "_________'s next season won't be out for 2 years" should our automatic response be "Good, it'll give them extra time to write it out?"

@Dragonlordxxxxx What's your thoughts?

8. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

Is Ray Donovan The Movie worth watching? Never watched the TV Show. It's in Dexter's vacated time slot.

9. mala-lisa White Belt

somebody should start NCIS l.a./n.o. / regual/ havaii shows are they needed anymore or what. in 00's ok but now not really. are extremally boring. i would watch NCIS if they would turn it into comedy like BURN NOTICE MARRY JOHNNY ENGLISH. i mean all shows are like this but ncis l.a. and those guy and girl is know it all it would be carma for them to go on mission to jump from plane or chase a two similar and not connected cars and land on wrong building or arrest and secure just random family who was going to beach for weekend LOL. i can not start a tread but NCIS ALL OF THEM SHOULD BE NEW TREAD AND TO SEE IF IS WORTH WATCHING OR FILMING IT ANYMORE

10. ufcfan4 Can't Andle The Riddum

Leon is hilarious. I especially love some of his early episodes. The awkwardness of how he comes into Larry's life--the family moves in after being uprooted due to Katrina and they just call Vivica Fox's brother to come live there as well-and some of their early exchanges, "There was a stain on the guest bed." "Well what sort of stain, Larry? Mustard stain?"

To its credit, the show stayed good through eleven seasons and two decades. That's pretty incredible. There have been some clunker episodes but the overall consistency has been impressive.

I do think the earlier seasons are better just cause they combine the uncomfortable situations and Larry's abrasiveness with more realistic scenarios. But it's still funny in the later seasons for sure. There was just a bit more subtlety to Larry's anger and frustration.

I also enjoy how sometimes he is well-meaning and sometimes he is clearly in the right on a particular situation, but things end up backfiring for him anyway.