Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who don't know about the show, Kingdom is a Korean TV series about zombies set in the Chosun dynasty. The first season is only 6 episodes. Recommended.

Finished WAYNE. I really like it. As I previously said, this is like the American version of Netflix's The End of the F***ing World. Wayne is rough on the edges but there's a sweetness to the show on the inside. The main and supporting characters are enjoyable, even the obnoxious family of Del.

@Loiosh It's funny how unrealistically durable Wayne is with the way he takes a beating on a regular basis and how fast he recuperates.

Heard they might be rebooting Frasier. That's a relaunch I could get on board with. Loved the show. Of course, the absence of Mahoney would be tough (RIP). And I wouldn't want to see it without Gilpin, Hyde Pierce, and Leeves but have no idea if Grammer is just looking for an entirely new setting and scenario.

I can’t wait for the next season of the 100, I think it’s right around the corner.

First season starts off a little slow, acting isn’t great because the whole cast is in their 20’s for the most part and the directing is a little cheesy at times ( it’s a CW show ).

Stick with it tho, the acting gets better every season and shit goes DOWN in pretty much every season. It turned from being a show I just watched to being one of my all time favorites. It’s also not afraid to kill off main characters, it reminds me of a post apocalyptic game of thrones in that regard.

Anybody been watching this new mini series on TNT called I am the Night? ? Its really good! Stars Chris Pine and India Eisley, who have both knocking it out of the park so far! Very unique vibe to it. A mystery/drama set in Reno, Nevada and subsequently Los Angeles, California in the 70s, and somehow connected to the Black Dahlia murder. Its only a 6 episode series, I believe next week is episode 3, and they come out every Monday(TNT).
download (1).jpeg

I can’t wait for the next season of the 100, I think it’s right around the corner.

First season starts off a little slow, acting isn’t great because the whole cast is in their 20’s for the most part and the directing is a little cheesy at times ( it’s a CW show ).

Stick with it tho, the acting gets better every season and shit goes DOWN in pretty much every season. It turned from being a show I just watched to being one of my all time favorites. It’s also not afraid to kill off main characters, it reminds me of a post apocalyptic game of thrones in that regard.
I quit watching The 100 after the first few episodes of season one. Thought it was too Lord of the Flies. But then I revisited the first season finale and the first few episodes of season 2. After that I was hooked.

But there are times when I find it tiring to see characters constantly changing and flip-flopping their alignment and allegiances with every season.

Anybody been watching this new mini series on TNT called I am the Night? ? Its really good! Stars Chris Pine and India Eisley, who have both knocking it out of the park so far! Very unique vibe to it. A mystery/drama set in Reno, Nevada and subsequently Los Angeles, California in the 70s, and somehow connected to the Black Dahlia murder. Its only a 6 episode series, I believe next week is episode 3, and they come out every Monday(TNT).
View attachment 529547
Tried out the first two episodes and dropped it because I found it to be a bit boring with no forward momentum.

suburra season 2 is out on netflix

of course its not goat level like gomorrah but still good

I quit watching The 100 after the first few episodes of season one. Thought it was too Lord of the Flies. But then I revisited the first season finale and the first few episodes of season 2. After that I was hooked.

But there are times when I find it tiring to see characters constantly changing and flip-flopping their alignment and allegiances with every season.

I know what you mean, but they have to make a lot of decisions that can affect people that way, they literally had to make choices where option 1 is a lot of people die and option 2 a lot of people die lol so the decisions that were made tore people in different directions morally and ethically.

That was my reasoning for it at least. I think the new season comes out around April, I need to look it up to be sure.

Two more singers were unmasked in The Masked Singer. I guessed correctly the Rabbit but was really surprised about the Lion. Didn't know she could sing that well.

masked-singer-split.jpg

Sentient dairy products, werewolf soldiers, robots gone wild, garbage monsters, cyborg bounty hunters, alien spiders and blood-thirsty demons from hell - all converge in eighteen NSFW animated stories. Presented by Tim Miller & David Fincher. Love Death + Robots lands on Netflix March 15th.

So nobody is watching Black Monday? The most refreshing series since Get Shorty? I'm giving out mental Yellow Cards to e'rrryboddy!

I watched it expecting something great but it fell flat to me. I did like the end but it was nowhere near True Detective for me. Still really good acting I guess I didn't like the pacing or something I don't really know what it was.
i felt the same about Sharp Objects. it was good, and it ended really well, but i might have been expecting too much from it. i think it may have been that there wasn't enough development in terms of revealing things about the murders in the middle episodes, but i don't really know.

It's been fifteen years since Amanda Ripley's mother disappeared aboard the deep space towing ship Nostromo. And for fifteen years, Amanda has suspected there was more to her mother's story than meets the eye. In this new digital series reimagining a familiar and fan-favorite story, 20th Century Fox has expanded on Alien: Isolation by taking the cut scenes from the 2014 game and adding in new story beats to bring the tale of Amanda Ripley to life in a whole new way. Binge all seven episodes when they drop exclusively on IGN.com and IGN YouTube on Thursday, February 28 at 9 a.m. PT.

Official Trailer for THE TICK Season 2; Returns April 5, 2019 on Amazon

Anyone watching Mayan MC?

just watched the first episode

Anyone watching Mayan MC?

just watched the first episode
Don't get sucked into it. I haven't seen it but I'm sure the first season of Mayans M.C. will be pretty decent but I don't trust creator Kurt Sutter. Eventually it will just turn to shit and just frustrate you to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back