Locked TV Show Thread 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Showtime has released the first photo of Russell Crowe as Roger Ailes in the upcoming Showtime limited series The Loudest Voice. Have a look at the two of them above and the Oscar winner as the Fox News founder:

A Blumhouse Television and Showtime co-production, the newly titled project is based on Gabriel Sherman’s bestselling book The Loudest Voice in the Room and his extensive reporting for New York magazine about the sordid allegations of sexual harassment that prompted Ailes’ 2016 ouster at Fox News. The exec died less than a year later. Naomi Watts, Seth MacFarlane, Sienna Miller, Simon McBurney and Annabelle Wallis also star.

Sharp Objects was amazing. On a level with True Detective S1 for me. It's weird that there was no real hype around that show. It really flew under a lot of peoples radar

I just found my way to True Detective and Peaky Blinders. I'm one happy camper right now

Goddamn that True Detective scene, when old friends/partners reunite..powerful as fuck.

Simpsons just got renewed for seasons 31 & 32 link
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Punisher season 2

Didn't finish season one but decided to jump right ahead to season 2. It's even worse. For every cool action shit, it's then followed by long stretches of boring crap. I'm still stuck in episode 10. Don't know if I want to finish it.

The story is sooo disappointing. There's like 10-20 good versions of Punisher television series that they could possibly make and they chose the most mediocre story and characterizations version.

Good riddance to the crappy Marvel-Netflix collaboration. Daredevil season 1 and 3 were the only truly legit great shows you have produced.

5 episodes in The Rising of the Shield Hero and I'm loving the hell out of it. A must-see especially if you love RPG video games. Love that they even have a chocobo-like creature and a chocobo-like race in the last episode.

WYZ2F94.jpg

Punisher season 2

Didn't finish season one but decided to jump right ahead to season 2. It's even worse. For every cool action shit, it's then followed by long stretches of boring crap. I'm still stuck in episode 10. Don't know if I want to finish it.

The story is sooo disappointing. There's like 10-20 good versions of Punisher television series that they could possibly make and they chose the most mediocre story and characterizations version.

Good riddance to the crappy Marvel-Netflix collaboration. Daredevil season 1 and 3 were the only truly legit great shows you have produced.
I personally loved season 1 of The Punisher, season 2 was very disappointing. I haven't even finished it yet and I don't think i'm going to bother.

First Trailer for DC Universe's DOOM PATROL Reveals Alan Tudyk's Mr. Nobody

That 300th episode of Supernatural was incredible. The feels, man.

Mark Millar's JUPITER'S LEGACY Main Cast Announced Including Josh Duhamel and Leslie Bibb

8eBtkBL.jpg

Mark Millar‘s multi-generational superhero epic Jupiter’s Legacy is one of the biggest series in development at Netflix, and we’re starting to get word regarding the cast. Multiple sources tell Collider that Josh Duhamel and Leslie Bibb will play the two married leads, with Andrew Horton and Elena Kampouris playing their children, and Ben Daniels and Matt Lanter playing Duhamel’s brother and best friend, respectively.

Jupiter’s Legacy follows the world’s first generation of superheroes, who received their powers in the 1930s. In present day they are the revered elder guard, but their super-powered children struggle to live up to the legendary feats of their parents.

Duhamel will play Sheldon Sampson, aka The Utopian. He’s an amazingly powerful superhero who’s also the longtime leader of the Union of Justice. Bibb will play his wife, Grace Sampson, aka Lady Liberty. She’s a powerful goddess who fights evil alongside her husband, but is concerned about the growing rift between him and their two children. Kampouris will play Chloe, their super-powered daughter who is also a hard-partying professional model, while Horton will play Brandon Sampson, aka Paragon, a budding young superhero who idolizes his father but struggles to live up to his greatness.

Meanwhile, Daniels will play Walter Sampson, aka Brainwave, a loner who can create psychic illusions that serve him well in combat. He’s a doting uncle to Chloe and Brandon, but he has a strained relationship with his headstrong brother. Finally, Lanter will play George Hutchence, aka Skyfox, who is Sheldon’s best friend and a fellow founding member of the Union of Justice.

Steven S. DeKnight (Daredevil) is writing and directing the first episode of Jupiter’s Legacy. He’ll also serve as showrunner and executive produce alongside Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Dan McDermott and Millar, the comic book icon who previously created the Kingsman and Kick-Ass franchises. Netflix acquired Millar’s company Millarworld last summer and had ambitious plans for their partnership, announcing five series right off the bat.

Duhamel recently starred in Love, Simon, Transformers: The Last Knight and the Biggie-Tupacseries Unsolved. Bibb recently starred in the New Line comedy Tag and the TV series American Housewife.

Horton is an up-and-comer who recently shared the screen with Elle Fanning in How to Talk to Girls at Parties. Kampouris has already worked with Jason Reitman twice and co-starred in My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 as well as Ry Russo-Young‘s Before I Fall. She’ll soon be seen in the indie movie Shoplifters of the World with Helena Howard, Ellar Coltrane and Joe Manganiello.

Daniels played Father Keane on The Exorcist TV series and General Merrick in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. He’ll soon be seen in Rupert Wyatt‘s Captive State and on the third season of Netflix’s acclaimed series The Crown. Lanter is best known as the voice of Anakin Skywalker and he recently appeared in Pitch Perfect 3.

http://collider.com/jupiters-legacy...utm_campaign=collidersocial&utm_medium=social

5 episodes in The Rising of the Shield Hero and I'm loving the hell out of it. A must-see especially if you love RPG video games. Love that they even have a chocobo-like creature and a chocobo-like race in the last episode.

WYZ2F94.jpg

This show is great. Didn’t know you were an anime fan. Any anime’s you’d recommend?

Howard the Duck, MODOK, Tigra & Dazzler and Hit-Monkey Animated Series Coming to Hulu

CqtRzd0.jpg

As Marvel's Netflix relationship sours, the comic book powerhouse is entering a new pact for a slate of four animated series with Hulu. The streamer — soon to be majority controlled by Marvel parent Disney as part of the Fox asset sale — has greenlit four animated series (and a special) as part of a new partnership with the comic giant.

Adult animated series based on popular Marvel Television characters MODOK, Hit-Monkey, Tigra & Dazzler and Howard the Duck have been ordered to series. Similar to Netflix's original four-series deal, all of the Hulu animated shows will culminate in a special — called The Offenders. (Netflix's Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Iron Fist and Luke Cage culminated with miniseries mash-up The Defenders.) All four of the Hulu series — and special — will be exec produced by Marvel Television head Jeph Loeb. They will expand Marvel's slate at Hulu, which already includes drama series The Runaways, which is awaiting word on its third season after its sophomore run dropped all its episodes on Dec. 21.

The Hulu deal arrives as Marvel's relationship with Netflix has soured over the past few months with the surprising cancellations of Daredevil, Luke Cage and Iron Fist. The Defenders was considered a one-off mini, Daredevil spinoff The Punisher is awaiting word on a potential third season and the next cycle of Jessica Jones is a few months away.

Marvel will also be a major provider to Disney's forthcoming Netflix competitor, Disney+, with feature film TV series spinoffs centering on Loki, Winter Soldier/Falcon as well as Vision and Secret Witch — all of them expected to feature the MCU stars. The animation push arrives nearly a year after Marvel pulled the plug on its planned Deadpool animated series that was in the works at FX with Donald Glover attached. "[Glover's] Deadpool animated series didn't work out because Marvel didn’t want to make it. I mean, that really is what it comes down to. It didn’t fit what they wanted to do with Deadpool, and it’s their brand. It’s their decision," FX CEO John Landgraf told reporters at TCA on Feb. 4.)

For Hulu, the four Marvel series arrive as animation has become a powerhouse for the streamer. Series including Adult Swim's Rick and Morty, Comedy Central's South Park, Fox's Family Guy and Bob's Burgers are all among the streamer's most-watched acquired programming. Based on their performance, Hulu has continued to invest in the animated space with Solar Opposites, an original series from Rick and Morty co-creator Justin Roiland.

Descriptions of all four of Hulu's animated Marvel series — and the special — follow:

• M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce.

Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce.

Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers.

Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce.

The Offenders follows MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit Monkey and Howard the Duck as they are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the universe.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...rd-duck-modok-hit-money-tigra-dazzler-1185246

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back