TV Show Thread (Will Smith to Produce FRESH PRINCE OF BEL-AIR Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dragon.

I hope Niska plays a big role in season 2. She's hot and she was invited to have a special kind of understanding that will be important for the synths in the future.

Her playing with Sophie was goddam adorable.

I think Niska has the most pivotal role in season 2 compared to the other synths since she will probably start the robot revolution.

We have exactly the same reaction to Niska playing with Sophie:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=107805833#post107805833

This is my reaction when Ippy suggested watching the original Swedish version Real Humans:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=106992091#post106992091

Just finished Wayward Pines. Was an okay series, but also weird. How the hell did that little fat guy think it was a good idea to keep everyone in the dark and murder people?

Also, the ending was underwhelping, but somewhat expected.

FRIDAY THE 13TH TV Series in Development at The CW

Friday-the-13th-Jason-081115-Dragonlord.jpg

The CW is heading to Crystal Lake. The network topper Mark Pedowitz today confirmed that the CW is developing Friday The 13th, a drama series based on the long-running feature franchise. The series adaptation will be written by Steve Mitchell & Craig Van Sickle, creators of the 1996 NBC series The Pretender through CBS TV Studios.

The Friday The 13th series project originated last year when Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment sealed a deal to produce a new hourlong dramatic series based upon the characters and settings of the franchise, with Sean S. Cunningham, who helmed the 1980 original, executive producing along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla and Mark Canton, among others.

Bill Basso (Terminator) and Jordu Schell (Avatar) were tapped at the time to script a storyline that re-imagines Jason in multiple time periods. Cunningham recently hinted of interest from the CW, which has now taken in the property.

Details on the remake are sketchy but the idea had been to do a contemporary series focusing on the eclectic characters of Crystal Lake who are forced to confront the return of the killer, as new secrets about his wacky family are revealed. The masked Jason is being reimagined with a stronger feel of grounded reality. Since the franchise was launched with the 1980 Friday The 13th, there have been 13 movies, most recently Friday The 13th in 2009 directed by Marcus Nispel.

http://deadline.com/2015/08/friday-the-13th-series-the-cw-feature-movie-the-pretender-1201497591/

What I like about Humans is that even though I saw the original Swedish series, I literally don't have a clue where they're going to take this new one. They had started diverging pretty far from the first few episodes and never looked back.

btw, I agree. Niska is without a doubt going to play a big role in series 2.

And I see your UK Niska, and raise you Swedish Flash...

334b8b76d425824ec69339641fb5c2ce.jpg

She's not in Humans, but I think the UK's showrunners decided to consolidate Leo's companions. I think Niska is an amalgam of original Niska and Flash, thus her apparent love of children. (Flash was originally a refurbished childcare hubot)

I enjoyed Lucifer some of your people take TV shows way to serious

We do indeed.

Just finished Wayward Pines. Was an okay series, but also weird. How the hell did that little fat guy think it was a good idea to keep everyone in the dark and murder people?

Also, the ending was underwhelping, but somewhat expected.

He kept them in the dark because when they unfroze the first batch of humans (batch a), he told them the truth. Slowly society crumbled, people killed themselves and some tried to flee and discover the outside which led to the aboms getting in.

He decided that the next batch of unfrozen humans will live in ignorance and constantly monitor them and also initiate a martial state full of harsh penalties for people who disobey the rules.

He kept them in the dark because when they unfroze the first batch of humans (batch a), he told them the truth. Slowly society crumbled, people killed themselves and some tried to flee and discover the outside which led to the aboms getting in.

He decided that the next batch of unfrozen humans will live in ignorance and constantly monitor them and also initiate a martial state full of harsh penalties for people who disobey the rules.

Yes, I know. But I'm sure there could have been another way. Maybe awake a smaller batch of people at a time. Let them live amongst the people who knew. That makes it possible to give them more personal attention to help them ajust. Plus, smaller groups are generally easier to control.

What he did was create a town of terror. If people couldn't handle the truth about being in 4000 something, do you really think they can handle not knowing anything and seeing everyone get murdered for breaking a rule? That's just straight up terrorism. It was a horrible idea, and it only created a horrible future with a ruined "colony" of brainwashed morons

Actually, there was another way... and Ethan did it.

The adults in Group B were told after they spent years living their lives in that small town. They had something to root them there. They had jobs. They had real lives. They had children to take care of. Riots in the streets were out of the picture, by that point.

When the doc awakened Group A, from their perspective, they went from going to sleep to start the next day, to waking up the next into a living nightmare of knowing that everyone they knew being long dead, they're confined to a small town with a large enclosed fence around them, and should they ever leave, they'd be eviscerated by I Am Legend zombies for the effort. I can't say with certainty that I wouldn't lose my shit either.

10 bucks say, Jaden will get the main role
http://comicbook.com/2015/08/13/will-smith-producing-a-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-reboot/
Will Smith is producing a revival of his 90s sitcom star vehicle The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, according to TV Line.

The reboot is reportedly in production at Smith’s Overbook Entertainment, and is looking to put a modern spin on the original’s fish-out-of-water premise.

Smith will serve as executive producer of the series, but will not star.

SUITS

It's official, Suits has staled. After 3 great seasons and a decent 4th season, season 5 is just full of rehashed ideas. Sick and tired of the Harvey and Louis feud. They just did this a couple of episodes ago. Oh look, Louis now regrets doing something that will harm Harvey and is scrambling to undo it.

But it was still nice to see a blast from Mike's past. Troian Bellisario (Pretty Little Liars) guest stars as Claire. Just found that she's engaged to Suits star Patrick J. Adams (Mike Ross).

10sevyv.jpg

MR. ROBOT episode 8.

What a bizarre but awesome Star Wars moment.

I'm sad Complications probably won't get renewed, such a guilty pleasure of a show.

SUITS

It's official, Suits has staled. After 3 great seasons and a decent 4th season, season 5 is just full of rehashed ideas. Sick and tired of the Harvey and Louis feud. They just did this a couple of episodes ago. Oh look, Louis now regrets doing something that will harm Harvey and is scrambling to undo it.

I haven't seen this weeks episode but I said this last week that Suits doesn't have it anymore. Bringing back Daniel Hardman to spice things up may salvage a poor season 5 but I doubt it.

I think that's a little different as it brings back the original characters and like the article said, is a continutation.

But, on the Fresh Prince front, who the fuck could legitimately replace any of the original Tier 1 of Will, Carlton, Uncle Phil and maybe Jeffrey. Tier 2 people like Ashley, Hilary, the mom, Nicky, etc are easily replaceable. But, the Tier 1 guys made the show what it was.

I think that's a little different as it brings back the original characters and like the article said, is a continutation.

But, on the Fresh Prince front, who the fuck could legitimately replace any of the original Tier 1 of Will, Carlton, Uncle Phil and maybe Jeffrey. Tier 2 people like Ashley, Hilary, the mom, Nicky, etc are easily replaceable. But, the Tier 1 guys made the show what it was.

Mom was definitely replaceable; Will Smith had the first one fired.

Just watched that kung fu Blacklist pilot. Has potential, but I think it depends on what the backstory with the beardy bloke is. Jaimie Alexander and the lass that plays Zapata... Mmm...

There's more pilot leaks? Awesome, I'll check them out when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back