TV Show Thread ('MacGyver' Pilot Ordered; 'Training Day' Sequel; Megan Fox Joins 'New Girl')

Status
Not open for further replies.
CONTINUUM the Final Season
TvEF77zgBOqYj3BTTxvd4zl72eJkfbmt4t8yenImKBVvK0kTmF0xjctABnaLJIm9

Rachel Nichols :icon_chee. I was pretty bummed when the show was in limbo after last season. At least it gets 6 episodes to end the series since its a show I didn't want to see abruptly end similar to Nikita. Glad Nikita got those last few episodes as well.

THE LAST SHIP

Lots of character deaths in the latest episode. Bummed out that they killed that particular character.

That was an emotional episode. Which character death hit you the most? For me it was Ravit, she was cool.

Well, I was trying to be vague to avoid spoiling (but since you already did it anyway :D), yeah I meant Ravit was the character I was bummed out to see dead.

Watching how entertaining The Last Ship has become, it made me think of another TNT show Falling Skies. The show is currently in its 5th season. I gave up on Falling Skies after watching the first few episodes of season 1. Maybe I should give it another shot...

I didn't expect Ravit to die. She was definitely one of the more entertaining characters. This season has definitely picked up in entertainment value compared to last season.

I'll say this about Falling skies. It does get slow in some of the middle seasons, but I think season 5 has been pretty good. That might be in part to it being the final season.

Netflix original series, Narcos, comes out today. It's the story of Pablo Escobar. Looks pretty damn good, IMO.

Some serious shit went down on Dominion. That scene with Julian, Noma, Claire and Arika, i'm seriously jelly.

The first episode of this season of Masters of Sex would have made an excellent series finale.
I agree. Just watched the first episode of season 3 and it's nice to see the characters get a happy ending for once. I really like the setup with how Virginia and Libby are best friends after Bill's divorce. I normally don't like big time jump but in this case I love it since it spares us the pain and anguish the characters had to go through after the break-up.

During the season 2 finale, I thought Virginia was so dumb in revealing to her ex-husband that he hasn't officially signed the custody papers. But in the end, it worked out for the best since Virginia was an absentee mother.

I'll say this about Falling skies. It does get slow in some of the middle seasons, but I think season 5 has been pretty good. That might be in part to it being the final season.
I will try to binge watch Falling Skies in the near future. Thanks.

Some serious shit went down on Dominion. That scene with Julian, Noma, Claire and Arika, i'm seriously jelly.

What scene? With Gabriel, you mean?

That was all in his head, though. He might as well have been whacking it to Google Images.

btw, my one complaint with Dark Matter, the budget, seems to be ill founded. It looks like they were just being frugal in the early episodes to make for more bang towards the end of the season.

Dark Matter 2-part season finale

They did a good job of keeping the audience guessing who the traitor was throughout. Well, it was for me since I kept on switching back and forth who it really was.

It's amusing how cheap the production is again (Ex. the explosion of the compound is just mentioned). I'm officially dubbing Dark Matter as "The Be Right Back, Using My Imagination Show."

I didn't have a clue who was the traitor, and I'm still shocked now.

Narcos was really good - love how they narrate over the real footage of the events they're portraying.

Escobar was all kinds of sociopathic

Defiance's finale was something to see. I wouldn't feel too bad if that was a series finale.

Also, the CGI in Defiance is so up and down. Some things look terribad, while others look amazing. They like to do the 'super fake maximum CGI' backgrounds for their ship sets, but nearly everything else is half decent, but towards the end of the finale, they had an absolutely gorgeous shot of a ship in the foreground jumping out of the solar system, increment by increment, with each planet showing up in the background with each jump.

Of course, the mini-physicist in me was screaming that each planet in the solar system likely wouldn't be lined up so perfectly, and the vast size differences would mean that what would be a low orbit in Earth would take said ship smack dab into the middle of all of the gas giants, but....

Netflix is just destroying cable.

It's been giving more for less for a while now.

Narcos was quality. Aside from Sense8, Netflix has been delivering. I'm looking forward to the Netflix movie with Idris Elba a few months from now.

What scene? With Gabriel, you mean?

That was all in his head, though. He might as well have been whacking it to Google Images.

btw, my one complaint with Dark Matter, the budget, seems to be ill founded. It looks like they were just being frugal in the early episodes to make for more bang towards the end of the season.

Yeah I meant Gabriel. Don't know why I typed Julian.

Yep, enjoying Narcos as well. Saw up to ep 5. Very nice series from Netflix.

Also, just finished up on Halt and Catching fire S2. I think it's my sleeper hit of the summer for 2015. Great show specially if you are into computers and stuff.

Watch the New Trailer for THE SHANNARA CHRONICLES

The-Shannara-Chronicles-101115-Dragonlord.jpg

Coming to MTV in January 2016, The Shannara Chronicles is a new TV series based on the best-selling fantasy novels by Terry Brooks. The story takes place centuries after Earth’s current civilization has destroyed itself through a nuclear holocaust.

The first season will pick up with the second book in the series, The Elfstones of Shannara, which follows three heroes, Amberle (Poppy Drayton), an Elvin Princess, Eretria (Ivana Baquero), a Human Rover, and Wil (Austin Butler), a Half-Elf, Half-Human, as they embark on a quest to stop an evil Demon army from destroying our world. John Rhys-Davies (The Lord of the Rings) also star.

Spider-Man 2 and Smallville co-writers Alfred Gough and Miles Millar have teamed up again to be the show's executive producers and showrunners. At Comic-Con, Gough said that the show is "akin to Star Wars."

'The Shannara Chronicles' Trailer Debuts During MTV VMAs

Anyone watched HBO Mini-Series Show Me A Hero?

Just started ep1

I threw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw the part about them doing a SOA spinoff. I'm so over arguing with RL people that think it was good writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back