TV Show Thread (EVIL DEAD TV Series; Video of THE SIMPSONS/FAMILY GUY Crossover)

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Dragonlordxxxxx

Dragonlordxxxxx Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

TV Show Thread Vol. 8

July 21 to 27: Watch a 4-Minute Sneak Peek of THE SIMPSONS and FAMILY GUY Crossover; EVIL DEAD TV Series Announced with Bruce Campbell to Star; Lucy Lawless Joins AGENTS OF SHIELD; THE SIMPSONS' Death Expected to be Either Krusty or Sideshow Bob; FARGO Renewed for 2nd Season; FXX to Air All 25 Seasons of THE SIMPSONS for Longest Marathon in TV History.

July 14 to 20: First Intense Trailer for HOMELAND Season 4; First Look at Marilyn Manson in SONS OF ANARCHY Season 7; First Trailer for Syfy's 12 MONKEYS; GAME OF THRONES Season 5 Directors Announced; TNT Renews FALLING SKIES, MAJOR CRIMES and THE LAST SHIP.

July 7 to 13: Thomas Jane Joins Syfy's Space Opera THE EXPANSE; Full Trailer for DOCTOR WHO Season 8.

June 30 to July 6: First Trailers for SHARKNADO 2 and THE KILLING Season 4; Starz and Bryan Fuller Board Neil Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS; David Slade to Direct First Two Episodes of POWERS; Georgina Haig Cast as FROZEN's Elsa in ONCE UPON A TIME; Complete List of Nominations for 66th Annual Emmy Awards; COMMUNITY Returning for Sixth Season on Yahoo Screen.

May 12 to 18: Watch the trailers for CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox's New Shows for 2014-2015 Season; First Images and Plot Details for THE SIMPSONS/FAMILY GUY Crossover Episode.

May 5 to 11: New Promos for Syfy's Angels Vs. Mankind Series DOMINION; Fox Cancels DADS, ENLISTED and SURVIVING JACK; First Trailer for Batman Prequel Series GOTHAM; New Trailer for Fox's GANG RELATED.

April 28 - Mary 4: Showtime to Possibly Develop HALO Live-Action Series; Full Trailer for THE SIMPSONS Lego Episode; Tricia Helfer Joins Sci-Fi Series ASCENSION; Syfy to Adapt Frank Miller's RONIN; Max Brooks' Vampire vs. Humans vs. Zombies Comics THE EXTINCTION PARADE Headed to Television; Ben Affleck and Matt Damon's PROJECT GREENLIGHT Revived at HBO; Full Trailer for Sci-Fi Series EXTANT Starring Halle Berry.

February 10-17: Dwayne Johnson Comedy BALLERS Lands Series Order at HBO; TV Legend Sid Caesar Dies at 91; David Fincher to Remake UTOPIA for HBO; TNT Cancels MOB CITY; Original Flash Actor Joins The CW's FLASH Series; GAME OF THRONES Alum Joins 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY; Fred Armisen to Lead Seth Meyer's 'Late Night' Band; Greta Gerwig to Star in HOW I MET YOUR DAD; First Look at "Cowboy Jedi" Kanan in STAR WARS: REBELS.

January 16 - A&E Developing HIGHWAY TO HEAVEN Reboot from Mark Wahlberg; New Trailer for Showtime's Psychosexual Horror Series PENNY DREADFUL.

January 13 - First Look at Eva Green and Josh Hartnett in Showtime’s PENNY DREADFUL, Plus Creepy New Trailer.

January 12 - 2014 Golden Globe Results; First Trailers for FROM DUSK TILL DAWN: THE SERIES, Starz's New Epic Adventure Drama OUTLANDER and GAME OF THRONES Season 4.

January 8 - First Images from FX's FARGO Starring Billy Bob Thornton and Martin Freeman; Zoe Saldana to Star in ROSEMARY'S BABY Miniseries.

January 6 - SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Adds First African-American Female in Five Years; New Trailer for HOUSE OF CARDS Season 2; First Promos for THE TONIGHT SHOW Starring Jimmy Fallon and LATE NIGHT with Seth Meyers.

December 17 - Teaser Trailer for New Showtime Horror Series PENNY DREADFUL Starring Eva Green.

December 13 - Intense New Trailer for HOUSE OF CARDS Season 2.

December 12 - Full Trailer for COMMUNITY Season 5; Full List of the 2014 Golden Globe Nominations.

December 6 - LOW WINTER SUN Cancelled at AMC. Drew Goddard to Write, Direct and Run DAREDEVIL Netflix Series; TERMINATOR TV Series in the Works, Will Tie In with New Film.

December 4 - First Teaser Trailer for HOUSE OF CARDS Season 2; THE BLACKLIST Renewed for 2nd Season; Syfy Greenlights DOMINION Based on LEGION Film; New Images from SHERLOCK Season 3.

November 27 - Watch the First Episode of Adult Swim's RICK AND MORTY.

November 22 - SHERLOCK Season 3 Trailer; BANSHEE Season 2 Trailer.

November 17 - Watch the Alternate Ending to BREAKING BAD Finale.

November 15 - THE KILLING Revived Again at Netflix; FXX Lands THE SIMPSONS in Record Off-Network Deal; Extended Trailer for Fox's ALMOST HUMAN Starring Karl Urban.

November 12 - Mark and Donnie Wahlberg to Star in A&E Reality Show; TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE Gets a Reboot at The CW.

November 8 - Seth MacFarlane's New Animated Comedy Series BORDERTOWN Lands at Fox.

November 6 - FROM DUSK TILL DAWN: THE SERIES Starts Production with Robert Rodriguez Directing the First Two Installments.

November 5 - History Planning New ROOTS Miniseries; The CW Developing DC Comics Superhero HOURMAN; Full Trailer for BATTLESTAR GALACTICA Producer Ron Moore's New Syfy Series HELIX.

November 4 - First Official Image and Plot Details for SHERLOCK Season 3.

November 1 - FXX Orders Sacha Baron Cohen's ALI G: REZURECTION.

October 30 - HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Spin-Off HOW I MET YOUR FATHER Eyed by CBS.

October 26 - Marcia Wallace, Voice of Edna Krabappel in THE SIMPSONS, Dies; Fox Orders Full Season for DADS.

October 24 - Octavia Spencer to Star in MURDER, SHE WROTE Reboot for NBC.

October 23 - SHERLOCK Season 3 Premiere Date Finally Revealed!

October 18 - NBC Cancels IRONSIDE and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, Sets Premiere Dates for CHICAGO P.D. and COMMUNITY Season 5; Fox Locks Up BROOKLYN NINE-NINE with 22-Episode Order; CBS Orders Full Seasons of New Comedies THE CRAZY ONES, MOM, and THE MILLERS.

October 11 - CBS to Possibly Bring STAR TREK Back to Television; BREAKING BAD's Bob Odenkirk Joins FX's FARGO Limited Series.

October 9 - Oliver Stone Slams BREAKING BAD Finale; DreamWorks CEO Offered $75 Million for 3 More BREAKING BAD Episodes; Producer Blames Showtime for DEXTER's Disappointing Finale; WE ARE MEN Cancelled.

October 3 - Watch the Guillermo del Toro's Awesome Opening for Treehouse of Horror XXIV (Try to Catch All the Movie References); SLEEPY HOLLOW Renewed for Second Season.

October 2 - THE SIMPSONS to Kill Off a Major Character in Season 25 or 26; Watch THE WALKING DEAD Complete Webisodes "The Oath"

October 1 - Nathalie Emmanuel Gets Naked in New GAME OF THRONES Season 4 Set Photos.

Link to previous thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...ne-nine-best-new-comedy-2331259/index101.html

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  2. Dragonlordxxxxx

Martin Freeman Joins FX’s Limited Series FARGO

[​IMG]

A couple months ago, it was reported that Billy Bob Thornton (Bad Santa) would be leading the FX limited series, Fargo. (Read what Thornton had to say about the project in a recent interview.) Now, it looks like Martin Freeman (The World’s End) will be joining him as a co-lead. The 10-episode series, inspired by Joel and Ethan Coen’s 1996 film of the same name, will keep the same iconic “Minnesota nice” tone while being steeped in murder and other crimes.

Featuring a new case with new characters, Fargo centers on “Lester Nygaard (Freeman), a small town insurance salesman henpecked by his wife, whose life is changed when a mysterious stranger, Lorne Malvo (Thornton), comes to town.” Fargo was written by Noah Hawley (Bones), and Adam Bernstein (Breaking Bad) will direct the opening hour. (Via Deadline)

Martin Freeman Joins Billy Bob Thornton in FX’s Limited Series FARGO

3. Dragonlordxxxxx

Watched Hostages last night. Felt like everything would have been resolved in a 2-hour television movie. Surprised they're going to stretch this premise for a whole season. The show is likely to drag and I'll probably get irritated with each new episode.

4. Dragonlordxxxxx

HBO Renews BOARDWALK EMPIRE for Fifth Season

[​IMG]

HBO is staying put at Boardwalk Empire. The Terence Winter series has been renewed for a fifth season. The news comes on the heels of a very successful stint at the Emmys for the period drama, with five wins topping the total of any other TV series. (HBO telepic Behind the Candelabra led all TV efforts with 11 wins.)

Returning to a modest ratings dip earlier in September, the Boardwalk Empire premiere recently took in 2.4 million viewers. And like all HBO series, it sees its greatest viewership in gross numbers. Roughly 7.5 million viewers are tuning in this season between original broadcasts, encores, DVR and HBO GO streams.

Boardwalk Empire's renewal comes as HBO is poised to say farewell to vampire drama True Blood next year. The future of Aaron Sorkin's The Newsroom remains in limbo pending the busy writer/producer's schedule -- though a third run looks very likely.

HBO Renews BOARDWALK EMPIRE for Fifth Season

5. shonuf

shonuf Titanium Belt Platinum Member

I liked Dads (second ep was pretty funny)
    Moms
    Sleepy Hollow (I usually don't watch stuff like this but it has me wanting to see what happens next even though it's not great. it's fun.)
    The Goldbergs (had me cracking up. May be my favorite)

I thought Brooklyn nine-nine sucked balls.

I watched some show about a lady who takes over a baseball team (it had James Caan in it). Whatever it was called, I turned it off after a few minutes.)

I'll check out Michael J Fox's new show tomorrow. I don't have high hopes but I like him.

I'm also going to check out the Will Arnett show The Millers , next Thursday.

6. Dragonlordxxxxx

Tried watching Dads but couldn't get past the first few minutes. Looks really annoying.

7. ucunc156

ucunc156 Silver Belt

cant decide if i like brooklyn nine nine or not... haven't watched dads. shield and sleepy hollow are the new shows i have dvr'd yet to see.

8. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

Sitcoms

The Goldbergs - FUNNY. Watch it.

We Are Men - Funny. (Jerry O'Connell is good) Worth a watch.

Dads - Terrible. Don't even watch.

Back In The Game - Funny, but also heartwarming. Worth a watch.

Trophy Wife - Funny, hearty. Worth a watch.

Still need to watch Brooklyn Nine Nine, Michael J Fox show and Mom.
    Will report back.

9. fingercuffs

fingercuffs Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Insofar as sitcoms. The second episode of Dads was promising, I definitely enjoy Brooklyn and Mom was funny as hell. Anna Farris SHOULD be on TV every week, she's brilliant. I'd say Mom is the best of the three.

10. Aisorik

Aisorik Brown Belt

Final episode of the IT Crowd tonight.

11. blokeybloke

blokeybloke Black belt(w brown shoes)

Half way through the last episode of the latest Season of Luther.

Deary me, what an absolute steaming pile of shite. Massive drop off in quality.

12. MMA Maine-iac

MMA Maine-iac Black Belt

Well that sucks. Luther is great.

I haven't tried anything new yet. I have Sleepy Hollow DVR'ed. I'm looking forward to Dracula. I became a fan of JRM on The Tudors.

13. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Became obsessed with Elementary within the last couple of weeks and was excited to watch the second season premiere last night. Fantastic writing on that show and Jonny Lee Miller out-Houses House with his idiosyncratic detection and his rapid delivery.

Also still going strong with Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. Mariska Hargitay is pretty much holding that thing up by herself, but she's got the chops for it. She acted her ass off in the double-header premiere, though the payoff on last season's cliffhanger wasn't as intense as it could've/should've been. Still, the arc for this season is very ambitious and I respect that, and provided they don't lose track of it among the cases from episode to episode, this could potentially be the best post-Stabler season of SVU.

14. MMA Maine-iac

MMA Maine-iac Black Belt

It's too bad NCIS doesn't get more love around here. Just watched season 11's premiere and as usual, it had me from the beginning. Sucks Ziva is leaving, but her character was starting to run its course. Her hotness will be missed, but I think the show will do better without her.

15. tomsawyer

tomsawyer Brown Belt

Have you seen Sherlock?

16. blokeybloke

blokeybloke Black belt(w brown shoes)

Anyone seen Tennant in Broadchurch?

Have 8 episodes dvr'd already & wondering if its worth the effort. Had a couple of duffers recently(Hostages, Luther, final season of Dexter)

17. MMA Maine-iac

MMA Maine-iac Black Belt

American Horror Story should be the tits again.

18. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I have a hard enough time keeping up with American TV, I haven't even tried going through British TV.

19. Dragonlordxxxxx

ABC in Talks for MODERN FAMILY Spinoff Starring Rob Riggle

[​IMG]

ABC is eyeing its Emmy darling Modern Family for a spinoff. Fresh off its fourth Emmy win for outstanding comedy series, producers met Friday to discuss what a potential Modern Family spinoff would look like, THR has confirmed. While it's early in the process and nothing is set in stone, co-creator/co-showrunner Steve Levitan and co-EPs Paul Corrigan and Brad Walsh are overseeing the potential off-shoot and would write the script. Co-creator/co-showrunner Chris Lloyd will likely remain focused on the 20th Century Fox Television flagship, which this week opened its fifth season with a "historic" gay marriage proposal.

Among the ideas brandied about during the meeting would be to spin-offRob Riggle's overconfident real estate agent Gil Thorpe -- who in two season four episodes was Phil's (Ty Burrell) nemesis and hit on Julie Bowen's Claire during her brief employment. No deals are in place and the meeting was described as an exploratory discussion of potential concepts, with the Riggle premise among them. It's unclear if there will be a spinoff or its concept.

ABC Considering a MODERN FAMILY Spinoff Centering on Rob Riggle's Gil Thorpe

20. Dragonlordxxxxx

Elementary is fun but BBC's Sherlock is on another level.

Try to check it out. Each season only has 3 episodes.