TV show "Alone" on the History Channel.....

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this? Its my favorite of all the survival shows and the only thing I still watch on the History Channel anymore. Season three is in Patagonia. I just watched the first four episodes and this season is pretty good. Anyone else watching?

i see thew commercials all of the time. are they really alone? How can you leave people alone without someone to help them if they get attacked by cougars or bears?

you want me to watch this show, give these people a camera and send them to inner city chicago. now thats a survival show i'd watch.

Yeah, cool show. It's crazy that 5000 people applied for it this year.

It's also crazy how many people bail after just a few days.

i see thew commercials all of the time. are they really alone? How can you leave people alone without someone to help them if they get attacked by cougars or bears?

you want me to watch this show, give these people a camera and send them to inner city chicago. now thats a survival show i'd watch.
Yeah they have a radio to call for help anytime though

I really liked season one. Funny how when it came down to three two of them were barely hanging on while the eventual winner had crops growing and was ready for anything

I really liked season one. Funny how when it came down to three two of them were barely hanging on while the eventual winner had crops growing and was ready for anything

Yeah and the guy who won season 2 actually seemed sort of weak to me, he just sort of won by chance when the one chick cut her hand open with the axe and the other dudes canoe thing sunk and he just rage quit the show because he was cold and wet.

I did not watch season one but my dad got me into it on season two. The guy who won season two i did not think had a chance. So far in season three there are a lot of really qualified people for it. Its hard to say who has the best chance.

meh, tried to watch it once but other ppl were there.
maybe it would've been better if I watched it ALONE.

Watched both seasons. As much as the show becomes just clip after clip of people saying "This is hard man", "I don't know how long I can go anymore", "I really am alone!", it still manages to keep me pulled in. That first season had some cool people. The guy who could carve just about anything out of wood was the best.

Yeah they have a radio to call for help anytime though
That doesn't always help. Les Stroud said there was a couple of times he got in trouble and tried to use his radio and it didn't work, he was truly on his own.

That doesn't always help. Les Stroud said there was a couple of times he got in trouble and tried to use his radio and it didn't work, he was truly on his own.

Yeah but he's a bitch though.

I'd watch.

instead of watching a guy trying to cook fish on a fire, you'd watch a white guy try to order a hotdog while gang bangers are loitering in front of the line.
I always said I'd like to start a business where I build an indestructible vehicle and give people tours of the worst neighborhoods of the United States...May as well film it.

I always said I'd like to start a business where I build an indestructible vehicle and give people tours of the worst neighborhoods of the United States...May as well film it.

id make them get out and then hire some thugs to scare the shit out of them for full effect.

they can even spend cash to get mugged, beaten, and partially raped. the real experience.

Thy definately keep tabs on them. For example in season two the guy built a canoe with wood and a tarp. When they showed him using it he had a life vest on like they made him use it

A chance at quick fame. I know a wilderness survival expert/teacher. I think he be perfect for this.

I just started watching this, burned through season 1. I wish they'd get everyone together at the final episode to share their experiences, but overall I love it. Those who stay for an extended period are really stripped to their core. It's probably the realest reality tv out there when it comes to those who stay long. I think i could make it, but I'd have to sneak a few books, and or a writing pad at least, to keep myself from going insane after a few weeks.

btw, I got a sense that the guy who won season 1 didn't want to go back to his family lol. That's not a spoiler btw, as season 1 only has men. I'm curious to see how the ladies do in season 2

Back