TV host Jimmy Fallon 'very sorry' for 2000 blackface skit

Downey Jr sweating bullets right now

View attachment 771990

The mob already tried to cancel RDJ because of this, and they failed.

RDJ is very popular and everyone that has seen the movie knows his role was making fun of blackface.

Jimmy Kimmel did the exact same thing as Jimmy Fallon did, dressing up in blackface and imitated Karl Malone in a sketch over 20 years ago. But #JimmyKimmel hasn't trended because the left likes him.

980x.jpg

80% of twitter accounts are of Democrats, that's why its so much easier for them to get their hashtags popular and on the trending lists.

Twitter is a social media app for leftist activists.

Why be sorry? It was funny. Chris probably laughed. Who cares.

Because of the industry he belongs to. He's in an industry that is batshit insane liberal and these fuckers are always trying to pander, fit in and trying to politically out due each other. So he has to apologize for this.

Nothing is funnier to me than when a far leftist has his own political beliefs come back and bite him in the ass. Fuck Fallon. He brought this on himself. Hopefully Kimmel is next.

What a pussy
Did ‘blackface’ always encompass any and all uses of makeup to appear to have darker skin? I always took it to mean the minstrel show style where the face was often quite literally black, highlighted with white or red around the lips as a ridiculous caricature of black people with big lips. That is racist as hell, but being done up to look like Chris Rock because you are playing Chris Rock isn’t exactly the same thing, right? I don’t know, I try to avoid this political stuff.
Obviously your assessment is correct. Wearing makeup in an attempt to accurately look like a person with a different skin tone does not offend any reasonable person. Portraying a racist caricature is not the same thing.

As long as he didn’t laugh throughout the entire sketch that should be considered a victory for that dude.

Can we go after gay celebrities who pretended to be straight? Maybe we can crucify them for "straightfacing" or does that not work in today's protected / offended persons hierarchy?

The mob already tried to cancel RDJ because of this, and they failed.

RDJ is very popular and everyone that has seen the movie knows his role was making fun of blackface.

Jimmy Kimmel did the exact same thing as Jimmy Fallon did, dressing up in blackface and imitated Karl Malone in a sketch over 20 years ago. But #JimmyKimmel hasn't trended because the left likes him.

980x.jpg

80% of twitter accounts are of Democrats, that's why its so much easier for them to get their hashtags popular and on the trending lists.

Twitter is a social media app for leftist activists.
But the left likes Jimmy Fallon.

Did ‘blackface’ always encompass any and all uses of makeup to appear to have darker skin? I always took it to mean the minstrel show style where the face was often quite literally black, highlighted with white or red around the lips as a ridiculous caricature of black people with big lips. That is racist as hell, but being done up to look like Chris Rock because you are playing Chris Rock isn’t exactly the same thing, right? I don’t know, I try to avoid this political stuff.

This. There is a HUGE difference between "Blackface" meant to be racist and someone wearing makeup to appear a different color/race for a comedy bit or movie role.

ITS-ALWAYS-SUNNY-IN-PHILADELPHIA-Dee-Reynolds-Shaping-Americas-Youth-11.jpg

Okay this obviously wasnt meant to be racist at all n Jimmy Fallon is obviously not a racist. Another manufactured cancel culture fake outage bullshit. An I cant stand fallon

But the left likes Jimmy Fallon.

They may like him, but they don't respect him.

He's been an easy target for them ever since he had Trump on during the 2016 election. They hammered him, and he apologized. He wanted to avoid doing constant Trump jokes like every other late night host, so they accused him of being a Trump supporter, so he began doing Trump jokes constantly. When he made fun of a Democrat, they accused him of being a Trump supporter, he apologized.

And now, he apologized for something he did 20 years ago.

I used to like Fallon (yes, I actually admit that), but he's folded like a lawn chair to these people at every opportunity. He has no spine whatsoever.

Once again It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia has to smartly and sarcastically put things into perspective.

It wasn't "Blackface" it was "Danny Glover" face.

And the Humiliation Ritual is complete. Fallon will now ascend to the next level of Satanic-Hollywood media power
The horrible things is as absurd as what you said sounds it is probably true. He just cemented another 10 years in Hollyweird and more zeros in the bank account.

I forgive him and accept his apology. Move on people its been settled.

What about Kimmel wearing blackface to play Karl Malone?

eddiemurphy.jpg

Hilarious skit. I think this was the last episode he appeared in before the long absence from the show.

Back