TV commercial for my academy

not a bad effort but could have used a little better sound editing. looks like a cool school btw.

u cant say m e t a . something to do w/ hackers and code.

i think there should be someone speaking while the commercial is playing, because for example i am on the compute and my tv is next to me, and i glance over once something interesting is on...and if no one talks i just wont look. I am sure its like that with others, and it will catch more peoples attention.

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yes, I am one of the owners and instructors at the gym and feel very fortunate to be in those positions. I am extremely proud of the atmospehere and training we have in our academy and that is the best reward I could hope for.

The commercial airs at different times and different channels depending on which cable company you have.

I thought about the voice over afterwards and that is definitely something to consider for the next time. My voice sounds like grinding m-e-t-a-l so maybe one of the other instructors will do the voice over. lol...

yea man, good voice over is hard to come by. my company edits TV commercials and let me tell you... professional voice over actors make a LOT of fucking money, and rightly so. it's a rare skill.

anyways, my suggestion would be to not cover up the real-life sounds of the gym and the sparring w/ the music. the music can and should be there, but if you heard people hitting the mats, moving around, it would def. add more.

I used to train with www.tsk.com and they had a ton of money (being the largest martial arts organization in the world, with I believe 50 locations after this year) and believe it or not, even though they are a McDojo they had some cool commercials.

They have them on their website if you want to check them out...I happen to like their older commercials. The Xmas santa is funny!

http://www.tsk.com/media_pr/tv/commercials/archive.php

BTW your didnt look bad Im just showing you these bc I feel you should always mimic someone who does it so well.

I used to train with www.tsk.com and they had a ton of money (being the largest martial arts organization in the world, with I believe 50 locations after this year) and believe it or not, even though they are a McDojo they had some cool commercials.

They have them on their website if you want to check them out...I happen to like their older commercials. The Xmas santa is funny!

http://www.tsk.com/media_pr/tv/commercials/archive.php

BTW your didnt look bad Im just showing you these bc I feel you should always mimic someone who does it so well.

yeah, i have to say TSK definitely knows how to advertise. those commercials made me want to go, and i know better! (no offense:icon_chee)

yeah, i have to say TSK definitely knows how to advertise. those commercials made me want to go, and i know better! (no offense:icon_chee)

None taken! lol I was trained by a SICK Sensei (I got lucky) and then by Daniel Schulmann in the instructors class. So as far as my instruction goes I have no complaints....I cant speak for all the 50 schools though lol - Some of the teachers suck! And as far as how the business is run....its disgusting!!

Nice. Dave, are you one of the Capoeira practitioners too in the video?

Good advice. I'll definitely check out the TSK commercials.

Nice. Dave, are you one of the Capoeira practitioners too in the video?

No, I don't do capoeira, but it's definitely cool and takes a lot of practice and skill.

Back