Turmeric?

puppybird

the wasteland champ
@Black
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with turmeric supplements?

im taking two a day, seem to make me fart more and shit less?

Just put it in your food. Tbh, I have a turmeric supplement that I take every once in awhile in addition to using it on my food. I don't think you want to have a lot of turmeric every day though.

I recall hearing about something called bioperine and that being important with your turmeric supplement or something.

Supposed to help with inflammation and be an antioxidant.

I believe constipation and other digestive issues are common symptoms of turmeric/curcumin/berberine supplementation. You may want to raise your daily fiber intake.

I heard that it helps with a lot of problems, but still the taste is horrible

I believe constipation and other digestive issues are common symptoms of turmeric/curcumin/berberine supplementation. You may want to raise your daily fiber intake.

Berberine shouldn't be causing constipation directly but it can increase urinary output and dehydration could contribute to constipation.

Turmeric should generally not be causing constipation, but would be cautioned with anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications.

As said above, just eat it for real in food. Make curry a couple times per week.

I've always found it nutty that people take garlic pills or turmeric pills.
Maybe if you never cook and never eat out either (shake / pills / bars diet?).

I sprinkle turmeric in all my cooking and yes even put it in smoothies shakes. No, you don't really taste it. Season/Put turmeric in everything don't load it up a few dashes. If you're eating anything that is good you won't taste it

In my dude-gym-bro-natural-holistic-spiritual-science opinion, you need to consume Turmeric and ACV, Apple Cider vinegar just about daily. The real thing. And fasts/cleanses.

I put actual tumeric root into my morning smoothies. Using tumeric supplements is for chumps.

In my dude-gym-bro-natural-holistic-spiritual-science opinion, you need to consume Turmeric and ACV, Apple Cider vinegar just about daily. The real thing. And fasts/cleanses.

Fuck yeah, two of the staples of my morning smoothies

Fuck yeah, two of the staples of my morning smoothies
Hell yeah! I do the same thing. I actually haven't had a shake in a while. Will have to start again.

I tell everyone with some fruit/veggies/juice you don't really taste this stuff. Same with cooking I put some in sut about everything.

Just put it in your food. Tbh, I have a turmeric supplement that I take every once in awhile in addition to using it on my food. I don't think you want to have a lot of turmeric every day though.

I recall hearing about something called bioperine and that being important with your turmeric supplement or something.

Supposed to help with inflammation and be an antioxidant.

Piperine is the active ingredient of black pepper, whilst Curcumin is the active ingredient of turmeric, for Curcumin to become bioavailable at any useful levels you should take it at ratio of 10 parts Curcumin to 1 part Piperine.

I use it occasionally but not all the time. I think it's better that way. No real scientific justification for that. Just my gut feeling

I use it occasionally but not all the time. I think it's better that way. No real scientific justification for that. Just my gut feeling

You need to take about 1g a day of pure Curcumin for it to actually do much, along with 100mg of Piperine.

When I was taking turmeric, the thing I noticed is that it would make my hair shinny.

Anyway, I and my wife have been using turmeric for about 2 months now. We started taking 1 capsule the first week to make sure we didn't have any allergic reaction/nothing happened. The second week we took two capsules and again no allergic reaction but my wife said she seemed to be sleeping deeper and getting up later. Then we take 3 pills per day (recommendation portion) She also noticed that her aches and pains are no longer there when she moves around. Both of us also agree that we seem to be able to focus more clearly at work and are calmer. It is really a good bargain from the manufacture website

so, maybe it would be better if you will take the less portion?

Youtheory Turmeric from Costco comes with piperine.

I thought I read somewhere too much turmeric is bad for the liver.

I don't use it as a supplement, although it does have some health benefits. I use it 2-3 times a week in cooking, Curry or Chicken Shawarma. It's very Cheap. You can buy a small bag for a few bucks, and add to rice or potatoes. Be careful, though, because it will stain your clothes.

Add turmeric root to my smoothies or food. I noticed that the smell of sweating has changed a little. Who has the same problem?

Took it for a year consistently and never noticed anything.

Bry

Like 99% of supplements out there, it does not do anything. There is no shortcuts and magic ingredients in life (except for steroids if you are into that).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back