Turkish Lawyers Demand Raid On Incirlik Air Base And Arrest Of U.S. Military Personnel

as soon as the s-400s arrive most of turkey will effectively become a no-fly zone, better launch the airstrikes now

and yes they definitely need to be booted out of jsf

Erdogan is a pragmatic and smart guy. I mean even an idiot wouldn’t do that, but at least Erdogan wouldn’t entertain it. He’ll only do things he think he can get away with. Plus, it’s better to not raid the base looking for “evidence” because he needs that Gullen bogeyman.

You would think that with all this supposed evidence coming out of Turkey that they would forward it to the US so we can give him up but they haven’t done it

giphy.gif

Erdogan is a pragmatic and smart guy. I mean even an idiot wouldn’t do that, but at least Erdogan wouldn’t entertain it. He’ll only do things he think he can get away with.

i'm amazed at what he's been able to do in a country where the army has always been a sword of damocles dangling over the civilian executive. still don't fully understand how he's continued to keep the major commands reined in

i'm amazed at what he's been able to do in a country where the army has always been a sword of damocles dangling over the civilian executive. still don't fully understand how he's continued to keep the major commands reined in
I thought Erdogan was a deluded religious maniac who wanted to turn Turkey into Saudi Arabia or return to the Ottoman Empire but he’s way more pragmatic than that. I have no doubt that if he could he would become the Sultan.

He has somehow found a way to be friendly to all of his neighbors including Iran in a time where if you a friendly to Iran, you will be dealt with like Lebanon and Qatar.

He survived the coup. He patched things up swiftly with Syria and Russia.

He fucked up a bit but he patched up every problem so far.

as soon as the s-400s arrive most of turkey will effectively become a no-fly zone, better launch the airstrikes now

Funny because according to Isreals new strikes, we can take out S-400 sites

I can’t beleive turkey sucks
Never would’ve seen it coming

Turkey should have been removed from NATO the day Erdogan came to power 16 years ago. They've gone down the path of being an Islamic dictatorship. Better get those nukes out of the country ASAP, since I'm not sure how rational Erdogan will be when the Turkish economy collapses in a few months.
How are they an Islamic dictatorship? What did Erdogan do 16 years ago that was serious enough to warrant kicking out Turkey?

Erdogan is a pragmatic and smart guy. I mean even an idiot wouldn’t do that, but at least Erdogan wouldn’t entertain it. He’ll only do things he think he can get away with. Plus, it’s better to not raid the base looking for “evidence” because he needs that Gullen bogeyman.

You would think that with all this supposed evidence coming out of Turkey that they would forward it to the US so we can give him up but they haven’t done it
These lawyers and media outlets are connected to the government so their accusations likely have his approval to some extent but I think you're right, given how pragmatic he is I doubt he actually intendeds to do this and is probably instead using this CT to rile up nationalist and anti-American/anti-Western sentiments.

How are they an Islamic dictatorship? What did Erdogan do 16 years ago that was serious enough to warrant kicking out Turkey?
It's a quasi Islamist and Turkish chauvinist government that Erdogan created. The secular military backed gov. was just Turkish chauvinist. Erdogan's government has been turning the screws on Christian minorities, and targeting Kurds , when the he and the Kurds fell out owing to Turkish involvement in Syria. Erdogan's push for traditional roles for women, increased birth rates, all point towards sectarian and ethnic supremacist sympathies.

Erdogan admits he wants a dictatorship with his infamous quote on Democracy being a train you get off of when you reach your destination.

It's a quasi Islamist and Turkish chauvinist government that Erdogan created. The secular military backed gov. was just Turkish chauvinist. Erdogan's government has been turning the screws on Christian minorities, and targeting Kurds , when the he and the Kurds fell out owing to Turkish involvement in Syria. Erdogan's push for traditional roles for women, increased birth rates, all point towards sectarian and ethnic supremacist sympathies.

Erdogan admits he wants a dictatorship with his infamous quote on Democracy being a train you get off of when you reach your destination.
How is he turning the screws on Christians? Sure his stance towards the Kurds is unfortunate but that's classic Turkish ethnonationalism which as you admit was around before Erdogan.

As far as pushing for traditional roles for women and higher birth rates, that's hardly exclusive to Turkey and its not for any religious reasons. The birth rates of ethnic Turks have dropped as has happened all over the developed world. Its the same in Russia as well but no one thinks Putin is creating some Orthodox dictatorship.

The most Islam related policy he has passed that I can recall is the removal of the ban of the hijab for university students and civil servants which hardly screams dictatorship. Other than that he just emphasizes Islam as an important core cultural element in Turkey and he's basically right in that it is. Those who go on about "muh Judeo-Christian values" have no leg to stand on here.

These lawyers and media outlets are connected to the government so their accusations likely have his approval to some extent but I think you're right, given how pragmatic he is I doubt he actually intendeds to do this and is probably instead using this CT to rile up nationalist and anti-American/anti-Western sentiments.

The problem with using CTs such as these to rile up nationalist/anti-American sentiments to score points with his political base is the potential for unintended consequences. Erdogan and the AKP can exercise some measure of control over their own members and base as well as influence entities such as the Grey Wolves, but what about lone wolf nutcases? Some idiot in the US took an AR-15 to a pizza joint in DC because of an internet CT. What happens when some dude who got kicked out of the Grey Wolves for being too crazy even for them decides to take it upon himself to either target US military personnel or tourists in Turkey because of this bullshit? Erdogan is playing with fire and eventually he's gonna get burned. Turkey's piss poor economic outlook is only gonna make that burn all that much worse.

The problem with using CTs such as these to rile up nationalist/anti-American sentiments to score points with his political base is the potential for unintended consequences. Erdogan and the AKP can exercise some measure of control over their own members and base as well as influence entities such as the Grey Wolves, but what about lone wolf nutcases? Some idiot in the US took an AR-15 to a pizza joint in DC because of an internet CT. What happens when some dude who got kicked out of the Grey Wolves for being too crazy even for them decides to take it upon himself to either target US military personnel or tourists in Turkey because of this bullshit? Erdogan is playing with fire and eventually he's gonna get burned. Turkey's piss poor economic outlook is only gonna make that burn all that much worse.
Its a dangerous game for sure but he has made it this far.

Erdogan is playing with fire and eventually he's gonna get burned. Turkey's piss poor economic outlook is only gonna make that burn all that much worse.
He already is being burned, they've had several terrorist attacks and one of the reasons Turkey is declining economically is undoubtedly due to the insecure environment, both politically and in terms of security. Investors aren't going to invest in a country that is becoming authoritarian and has terrorist attacks, like the rest of the Middle East.

Under Erdogan, Turkey became much more wealthy, but those gains are reversing. I remember around the time of the coup someone who had visited Turkey say that his people will love him because of how much money in going into Turkey and I predicted that sooner rather than later that would stop.

Now that he has more power, he has more power to make shitty decision on behalf of the economy. From what I understand, Turkish banks are not taking the right steps to combat inflation, though I do not fully understand what decisions they are making. Maybe I'll look into it when I have time.

Oh and who does he blame for this? Americans and Jews

well, the plan was to remove him and let them stay in nato. win win. but it backfired.
That was one of the most amateur coup attempts in recent history.

the turkish economy is collapsing ?
Currently fell 30% in the past 6 months, cost of borrowing increased by 10% and they have double digit inflation. Foreign investment has dried up and Turkey can't service its trade deficit without that.

S400s are rather obsolete now. The F22/F35 would shred it in an actual attack with patriot missiles(cheap and plentiful) being launched off the coast before hand to confuse the system(and it takes 1 hour to reload each silo) The S500 is the US equivalent to THAAD. That will be the one to watch out for. The S400 40N6 missile(its longest range one) has a RCS(radar cross section) of around 2 meters squared. Where the F22 and F35 range in the .0002m2 or less RCS. Its literally trying to hit a marble out of the Sky at long range. Possible to do, but one hell of a feat.

Hence the serbs literally showing off the F117a they shot down in a museum because shooting down American stealth aircraft is a big feat for other countries.
France "killed" an F22 once in a sim, and went nuts...
Our planes are insane, but they also cost a vast amount to build/maintain compared to other countries.

Last edited:
Back