International Turkey announces invasion of Syria

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by GhostZ06, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Phr3121

Phr3121 Red Belt Platinum Member

Who is 'they'? Why does the U.S. not support a Palestinian state? Why doesn't the U.S. tell Israel to leave the Golan Heights which belongs to Syria? It is still disputed territory. Seems like depending on the color of your skin and religion, you will get world attention and support. Folks in Africa are pretty much 'screwed'.

2. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

Wet feet vs Dry feet policy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wet_feet,_dry_feet_policy

3. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

The Kurds and the US had a common enemy. The Kurds lacked weapons and the US lacked reliable boots on the ground. Kurds getting US assistance does not make them mercenaries. Is every group the US has every assisted mercenaries? Were the Mujaheddin mercs? What about the Iraqis who fought against ISIS?

4. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

There is nothing remotely comparable between the Syria situation and the US southern border.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  5. Voodoo_Child906

Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

Perhaps, and it would be interesting to see what would happen if we weren't the world reserve currency and oil was traded in RMB instead. Maybe our time is up as the world alpha and we can sit back and let someone else fight those wars.

6. Ultra O’Dia

Ultra O’Dia Brown Belt

agreed, and yet, even if one doesnt agree, he is at least doing what he said he was going to do. If you want America to meddle in the Middle East, then vote for the candidate that say they will meddle. This is Democracy, and Im glad Trump is after some of the things he said he would be.

evansusmc2 likes this.
  7. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

Well, it would be helpful if Trump gave a speech that outlined a coherent plan. To my knowledge the only thing he's said about it may as well have come from some drunk dude at a bar (it's that bad).

I'm just not informed on their history to have an opinion. My point was real people are going to be killed as a result of this action. And when that is the scenario we need a leader that can articulate why this is happening. Quite frankly you're 1000X more articulate than the president on this.

True. Although, Trump's foreign policy seems to be - fuck allies, who needs them? He's clearly hostile to allegiances with our long standing western allies. He's hostile towards our fucking neighbors.

I don't have an opinion either way.

Again, I don't know enough to say your right or wrong but I'd make the point that changing courses dramatically needs to hang on more than "we don't need to be the world's police". My understanding is we asked and they carried out requests to dismantle defenses with the understanding we have their backs. Now, we're backing out of that commitment and they're fucked, resulting in dead bodies.

And I take your point about crocodile tears from the likes of Graham. It just appears to me there is bi-partisan opposition to Trump's play here which raises flags for me.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  8. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Trump said he would get tough on the Saudis, but he has done the opposite. Obama was much less favorable to the Saudis. If this was about the will of the voters, why hasn't he kept his 2016 campaign views regarding the Saudis?

Obama was excoriated by the Right for pulling out of Iraq, nevermind that Obama was simply going through with Bush admin's withdrawal plans. Yet here we are with Trump just up and leaving the Kurds to face the wrath of the Turks and the Right is defending him.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  9. AlexDB9

AlexDB9 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

You didn’t even understand my point stormfront

10. AlexDB9

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. It’s a complicated situation to say the least, but I just find it funny that whatever Trumps does there’s a group that will be contrarians just for the sake of being contrarian. I heard a joke today that if Trump said air was good millions would cease to exist because they would say air was bad and stop breathing

evansusmc2 likes this.
  11. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Coming from a guy who claimed the country was most divided under Obama then proceeds to take a racist potshot against Obama in the very same post.

You are trying to say the arguments people are having over the Kurdish / Turkish issue in Syria is somehow comparable to the US Southern Border. That is god dam moronic however you spin it. But what to expect from a hack like you who makes a racist comment and thinks it is ok.

Kafir-kun likes this.
  12. AlexDB9

Goof for the thousand time obamas name is barry hussein. Stick to stormfront man, the only one talking about racism here is you. Look how you respond to your nickname, it can only have truth to it

Anyways yes, it’s comical you guys are more bothered about Syrias border than our own

13. AgonyandIrony

AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

Literally abandoning them to their deaths. We could have diplomatically done something to keep Turkey from invading Syria but nope.. Trump has been duped by North Korea, Saudi Arabia, and Turkey.

It's not like we're even fighting there, just ensuring a genocide of our allies doesn't take place.

I do find it potentially interesting that the Kurds are putting on warpaint and grim faces to fight the invading scum and leaving the prisons behind. If they have to fall back it might be wise to straight up release the ISIS scum for the Turks to deal with on their retreat.

But again, fingers crossed Iran can give the Kurds some decent weaponry to send the invading Turks home in boxes.

EvilMonkei likes this.
  14. Ultra O’Dia

Ultra O’Dia Brown Belt

can nothing be in the middle, ever?
    seriously. i didnt just blow Trump in my post. I specifically and purposefully said ‘some of the things’. i also purposely said he was pushing for things, rather than saying ‘achieving’.

It has to be totally one pole with you guys. Both sides. its nauseating.

15. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

And for the umpteenth time , everyone refers to him as Barack Obama. No other President has their middle name emphasized , so why Obama; well we know why. You and all the other racist wouldn't be using his middle name if it was "Alfred" or some Christian / Western sounding name.

This isn't about the border pe see, it is about what happens to the Kurds and the very real danger of Turkish atrocities and ethnic cleansing. You really are a hack or just plain dumb to think this is about the border. Maybe the later because only dumb racists reveal themselves like you did.

16. AlexDB9

Ufff just remember I’m not the only that researches stormfront. Anyways like always you don’t understand my point. Like I said already stay on stormfront where you’re in your environment

17. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

You said if people want a candidate that wants to meddle in the MidEast then vote for someone else, and stated "Im glad Trump is after some of the things he said he would be." But our relationship with Saudi Arabia is a huge deal and Trump's comments about them in 2016 was a big deal. It isn't just that Trump didn't get tough with Saudis, but he has actually got closer to them. He just sent more troops to Saudi Arabia and has defended MBS for murdering Kashoggi. Even the CIA said MBS ordered the hit.

Trump's Saudi relationship is not a small issue you can excuse away because no one expects a President to keep all of his promises and campaign views.

jericksen5 likes this.
  18. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    Fair enough
    I do feel for the Kurds, not only for the fact that they have helped the US but also because they have a rather interesting experiment going on in Rojava. But as I have been saying the Turks have legitimate interests in Syria that shouldn't be denied and unfortunately they conflict with those of the Syrian Kurds.
    In a general sense sure I don't like how he's handled our alliances. But to me this is its own issue that is more enmeshed with the realities of the region rather than Trump's isolationism. He's hardly unique in turning his back on the Kurds like this, its an American tradition at this point.
    I mean, just think about it for a minute. Kurds live in both Syria and Turkey and have had a decades long armed separatist struggle against Turkey. In addition Turkey has taken in more Syrian refugees than any other country. Those two facts alone are enough to establish the Turkish stake in Syria.
    How about the fact that Turkey is a NATO ally facing a legitimate threat from renewed Kurdish separatism?
    Maybe I'm too much of a gatekeeper but to me it matters to be right for the right reason. Even if you think Graham and Shapiro are right here are they right for the right reason? IMO, not at all.

Pseudo Sane, kpt018 and Arkain2K like this.
  19. MicroBrew

MicroBrew Steel Belt

Stormfront has lots of people like you , you will feel right at home there. It bugs you that I read such forums , because that allows me to spot rightwing racially charged talking points.

20. AlexDB9

It’s zero to 100 for these guys. As far as they are concerned your MAGA hat is in the mail