Tuna

B

bal541

I've always had a concern about Tuna. The FDA recommends pregnant mothers do not eat any type of canned tuna. Since tuna are fairly high up on the food chain, chemicals or metals accumulate in their body. Not sure if this is really bullshit or not though. I like tuna, but am not sure if its a good idea to eat a can a day for years. Anyone got any info?

i am sure there is a thread somewhere on this already dude, nice av.

i read a yahoo article yesterday that they changed their mind and that pregnant mothers *SHOULD* eat fish now since the benefits outweigh the mecury risk...

however, i'd just go with omega-3 fish oil pills :wink:

Tuna is good because of its protein. But yeah it does have mercury in it and you don't want to eat it everyday. There is a mercury free tuna you can purchase over the internet but it is a bit expensive.

Wolverine
///

I swear by tuna, the mercury has a different effect on everybody dependant on health conditions, age, etc. I wouldnt eat it everyday either.

RoccCity said:
how about the new tuna in the pouch, the waterless tuna

Blah there was an article on this the other day.. I eat tuna all the time.. for a post workout.. if you get the chunck light your fine for everyday use

I had tuna last night for dinner. Instead of mayo, I put on about 4 or 5 spoon fulls of white yogurt on it. mmmm.

LCDforMe said:
I had tuna last night for dinner. Instead of mayo, I put on about 4 or 5 spoon fulls of white yogurt on it. mmmm.

what flavor of yogurt?

T-nation.com did an article on this a few weeks ago. Check it out, it's pretty indepth.

BTW, I hear that Chlorella is good in removing Mercury from a person's body. It acts like a magnet to remove Mercury.

Wolverine
///

Back