Elections Tulsi Gabbard just (informally) announced she is running for President

Not a good name for the spotlight. Is it Tull-see, Tool-see? Ga-bard, Gab-ard? The fact that I have never even heard it spoken at this point tells me her chances are jack and shit.

I mean her chances of winning are slim, being a brownish woman but her policies are atleast spot on. She seems like one of the few who don't give after to "pragmatism", that even Sanders does, which is basically bowing down to a neo-lib or neo-con agenda, going as far as to visit Syria to prove her point. Mad respect for her for doing that.

Somebody please say at least one smart thing itt. Holy shit lol.

I don't know enough about her yet but I'd like to see her with more life experience. I picked up on some good qualities in her after seeing some interviews. Her attitude on the US in the middle east seems naive, and the Assad visit is a problem for me. She's one to take another look at in 8-12 years or so, if she's still around. I know she has a lot of congressional experience already but there's something too immature about her. Let's see her after some time in the Senate or maybe even Governor.

She'd have my vote.

One of the few politicians (only congress member i think) to call out the US administration's support of Jihadists in Syria.
Also one of the few Dems, who is actually against illegal immigration and is openly critical on Muslims.

Trump opposes Tulsi on just about everything except Syria even in a foreign policy context.

Tariffs are the most ambigious policy subject possible so won't comment on that.

Yet that's her main issue that's most. Important to her. And it's the issue she will get slammed on in the primaries. And I'm certain she also supports Afghanistan draw down and N Korea talks. She's also not the biggest fan of our intelligence agencies.

Again. She would fit in a Trump Administration more than aClinton

I haven't been keeping up.
My reaction was "literally who?"

I gotta start paying attention

Haven't heard a name I like so far

Nope.

ISIS was going to happen no matter what. ISIS was mostly destroyed long before he became President and were being consistantly pushed back after their breakout summer of 2014. Trump deserves little to no credit for this. There is almost nothing he could have done to screw this up. ISIS being protrayed as this mortal threat to the West gives a different perception though. They did have an intimidating name and goal but it was just that.

Economy. No, reason I hated Hillary so much is how similar their economic visions were. His tax plan is something I find morally and economically repulsive. I could go into more details but it was basically a repeat of the Reagan and Bush plans which did nothing except increase income inequality. The ways this plan was promoted were either blatant lies(trickle down) or misusing economic terms(like broadan the base that were correct in the pre Reagan days and are no longer applicable. They will then use the increased debt they ran up giving free money to rich people(and that is basically what this is) and get serious about deficit reduction when it comes to our midget welfare state.

Tariffs are complicated. I don't oppose his tariffs and they and all tariffs attacked under very stupid terms by the MSM(like using the Hoover example is dumb in so many ways) but it's not really solving a pressing issue. That's an issue with Trump voters they are looking to solutions to minor problems like immigrations taking jobs, our economy moving away from certain jobs, trade deficits and the like while ignoring pressing dangers like climate change and economic inequality and the health care crisis that borders on indirect mass slaughter at this point. Trump's health care plan would have basically added fuel to that slaughter and while I guess I can't blame him for doing something that didn't happen, that isn't due to a lack of effort. Support the repeal on the individual mandate but that was a conservative plan to begin with that Republicans started to hate once Obama decided to do it.

The handful of issues Trump agrees with Progressives on such as Syria, trade kind of(trade deals and tariffs should not be either a pro or against issue because whether they or good or bad is very very very conditional) do not come close to outweighing the things he is against us on such as climate change, taxes, health care, infrastrcuture and social programs(though he did say he didn't want to cut these things while campaigning that didn't hold true). Also Trump has used the awareness infrastructure is bipartisan as leverage in things that aren't. So can't give Trump credit for the infrastructure when he's holding everything else hostage to get something he supposedly cares about independent on us.

I loved the guy in the 00s loved the Apprentice. Today I think he's going to go down as the man who destroyed humanity as a result of the Paris decision. It's super dumb to say 100% of what someone did is bad and I don't but he's pretty awful.

Also Presidents ALWAYS run as isolationists and govern as interventionalists because super neocon Washington will nag an isolationist 24/7 into submission. You'll notice how much more often Presidents keep domestic promises opposed to foreign, this is why.This is why Obama took so long to leave Iraq. If you think because Trump said he wanted to leave Syria we are leaving Syria you are sorely mistaken. The man will be nagged 24/7 by most members of both parties for a slight adjustment and a slight adjustment there until we are right back where we were.

So I don't care about foreign policy because I'm operating the assumption anything good under that realm will be undercut by someone. Look at Obama/Hagel/Kerry's foreign policy, great improvement on Israel/Palestine Washington basically mauled them alive.

And yeah personally Hillary and Trump have utterly ravaged my life in ways I don't care to go into detail about. Things you do when you are drunk on election night lateral other things and oh boy.

You need some pussy dude

Take some of your tax break and get a. Hooker

Is that so. Why don't you take your head out of your ass and read her actual stance on it that was posted on the first page? Or maybe that is just too hard and screeching about "evil dictators" is good enough? You epitomize the problems with many Americans, so ignorant and yet so sure of their opinions. You have no clue about whats going on in Syria, you think hearing "evil dictator" somewhere is enough information for you to give support for the American war-machine to wreck havoc on the other side of the world. Fuck you. Luckily your kind seem to slowly dying out.
... And that's enough America hating to put you on the list.
I'm sure all your other contributions will be a great loss to my future sherdogging.

She is in favor of a restoration of the Glass-Steagall banking regulations
Wants to repeal the Patriot act,
Pushed for legislation to raise the minimum wage to $15/hour
Supports Medicare for all
In favor of federally legalizing marijuana
Opposes the US support for the Saudi war in Yemen.
etc.

That's all solidly to the Left of someone like Obama or Clinton.

As someone who is called an Alt Right extremist. I'm only solidly against ONE thing in that platform. Only in the WR

I'm of the belief the 2 parties are both going through transformations/realignment. With more blue collar folks looking towards repukes and more of wall street heading over to the Jack asses

Yet that's her main issue that's most. Important to her. And it's the issue she will get slammed on in the primaries. And I'm certain she also supports Afghanistan draw down and N Korea talks. She's also not the biggest fan of our intelligence agencies.

Again. She would fit in a Trump Administration more than aClinton

It's not what why most Bernie people are voting for her. I mean they agree and everything with what you posted and hate the HRC people for attacking her for not doing so but they are voting for her because she agrees with Bernie's stuff specifically Medicare for All. Her being one of three Dem congresspeople to vote no on Pay as you go last week sums up entirely why we want her to be President. Entirely different reasoning.

Though you are right the foreign policy stuff is important to her and maybe she'll be better suited to resist the typical neocon nagging isolationist minded people almost always sucumb to in Washington.

In terms of being Secretary of Defense or Homeland Security she'd be repulsed by almost all of her peers. She was VP of the DNC too and left. Tulsi is also very different on the Israel-Palestine issue and the Iran Deal and these are things she'd have even had an issue with in Hillary's administration never mind Trump who's double as pro Likund and even more pro Saudi/anti Iran. Syria and Afghanistan are not all of foreign policy and Tulsi is against Trump on most of the rest save TPP.

No one is the biggest fan of our intelligence agency except our intelligence agency's. I mean even Hillary isn't lol. I would give a lot of money to have a tape of her reaction to that Comey letter. Comedy gold.

You need some pussy dude

Take some of your tax break and get a. Hooker

Didn't respond haha

You know most people got a marginal 3% tax decrease and in states and municipalities that actually tax their citizens the removal of the SALT deduction(and others but that hits the most) means they'll pay a few points more?

A student,don't make money rn. But yeah this is relevant to what I do so I think of it as work.

Pussy doesn't solve all your problems. Really temporary fix:(

Also love this time the neoliberals won't be able to throw around the sexist card if we're supporting a woman too.

If I ever am called a Bernie Bro again I'm going to lose my shit.

I like Tulsi Gabbard a lot. She’s not a corporate Dem. and was the first “super delegate” to announce support for Bernie in 2016, iircc.

Well spoken woman, genuine, beautiful, active duty combat veteran, she has a lot of great qualities as a candidate and, I think, would really match up well v. trump in the general.

I will be looking closely at her platform to decide if she is my personal top pick, but certainly a good candidate.

I have discovered there are many on the progressive left who are sharply critical of her Hindu nationalism as well as her past antipathy towards the LGBTQ movement. This may prove very problematic for her success as a candidate.

Also, it's Bernie's turn. :)

She'd grown up with stories about a Syrian relative and went to connect with her roots?

Hopefully she'll take a DNA test and then make a video revealing the vindicating results. This is a great way to kick off a presidential campaign!

Ha! Warren and Gabbard jokes write themselves.

Indian in the Cupboard jokes incoming.

I would say she is not really experienced enough, but I suppose that is no longer a worry.

Back