Television TULSA KING Starring Sylvester Stallone (Premieres Nov. 13)

The character is supposed to be a goof. It's definitely making fun of it. I think Jay Will is doing a good job portraying him. Still makes him likeable and sympathetic despite him being a dumb kid who needs to finally grow up...

Yes it’s apparent now that I’m 8 episodes in. Lol at the way he was holding the gun and getting called out on it in last night’s episode.

This show was a pretty great binge.

I thought the first episode was kind of sloppy, as was the last two episodes.

But the show really finds itself in the middle and overall it was really good. Worth watching IMO

Barely made it through the first episode. Stallone's character is an asshole. A murderer, bully and extortionist. He's not remotely interesting or likeable. And the city of Tulsa is a horrible setting as well. Hard pass on the show.

Well if you knew your history, the story is based on a real life guy who was sent to Tulsa in the 40s. I was surprised they modernized the show however. As someone who actually lives in Tulsa, its one of the fastest growing cities in the country so plenty worse settings a show could take place in. Also as someone who is Italian who's family is from New York I thought it was perfect, all of my relatives had such a culture shock when they first visited here.

Mafia moveis/shows are my favorites so I was looking forward to this one. Was disappointed they did not actually do a lot of filming in actual Tulsa however. The premise doesn't really work in modern times though, as soon as Sly shook down some random dispensary they would have called the cops immediately and show over. Also, the dispensary looks like its in the middle of nowhere and the guy was claiming to be making 5k before lunch in one day....not realistic here. No security at a weed festival? Bar gets shot up multiple times? The bar looks in the middle of nowhere as well, they try to depict Tulsa like its actually 1940 but this city is pretty damn big. I enjoyed the New York stuff more than anything, the show really has a Sons of Anarchy type reality to it where you just have to suspend your belief in actual reality for it to make sense. Still though enjoyable overall and looking forward to the next season.

Back