Television TULSA KING Starring Sylvester Stallone (Premieres Nov. 13)

Watched the first episode. Really wanted to like it but it's just too cringy.

Never heard of Taylor before Yellowstone and now I watched his 1883, Mayor of Kingstown, and Tulsa King. Need to see what else he did that showed boobs.

Watch Ep2's SUV scene with Sly, weed business owner, and driver before deciding it's not your thing. Not every show needs to be hard and serious.

I suspect Dwight's F buddy has fake boobs.

I think episode 5 is starting to get serious and less goofy/funny. Dwight is gonna need to transform into Rambo. The big boss' son needs to watch how he talks to Dwight.

I think I read a Season 2 was renewed.

It's not groundbreaking but a much better show than what I had predicted. I'm enjoying it.

Really enjoying this, watched the first 5 EPs.

Sly is surprisingly good as a mobster.

Can't help feel Dana's character's motives are sinister like maybe she's the big big boss of the helium gang.

At some point I'd like to see Dwight show up at the Yellowstone ranch for an episode or two, or vice versa. Have John and Rip pass through Tusla for some reason.

Thought Stacy's boobs were fake, but after seeing them bounce a bit, not so sure.

Looking like Dwight might have to wreck the entire NY crew as well as the Tulsa rivals.

Everything's happening so fast compared to Breaking Bad/BCS. Not sure why I use those two shoes to gauge this one. First season isn't even done and it's like 4 seasons worth of material considering the pace Vince Gilligan writes.

Teaser Trailer for Sylvester Stallone's Crime Drama Series TULSA KING on Paramount+

From Taylor Sheridan and Terence Winter (The Sopranos), TULSA KING follows New York mafia capo Dwight "The General" Manfredi (Sylvester Stallone), just after he is released from prison after 25 years and unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a "crew" from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet. Streaming November 13th on Paramount+.

I just finished the first season. Pretty good show. Perhaps the last one I will watch before The Last of Us comes out on the 14th...

How in the hell can a guy pushing 80yo pull off a role like this and make me believe it??

Stallone is like a walking billboard for the benefits of testosterone therapy.
Honestly, the physicality is believable in this one, which is a testament to the stuff he's been taking for decades and that he still trains hard. And he has good genetics. It's not like watching De Niro moving like he's stuck in quicksand in The Irishman.

The show looks meh, but yeah Stallone looks great. Hard to believe the man is 76 years old. He's obviously had work done, but the grey and whatever else he's doing suits him. He arguably looks better than he did as a young man.
he's finally grown into his plastic surgery like Kenny Roger's eventually did

I can’t tell if this show is embracing the woke factor or making fun of it.

“You make a living unclogging white people’s toilets”

“There’s a whole lot of cultural appropriation going on in here!!!”

This Jay Will guy is a pretty terrible actor so it’s hard to tell.
The character is supposed to be a goof. It's definitely making fun of it. I think Jay Will is doing a good job portraying him. Still makes him likeable and sympathetic despite him being a dumb kid who needs to finally grow up...

Barely made it through the first episode. Stallone's character is an asshole. A murderer, bully and extortionist. He's not remotely interesting or likeable. And the city of Tulsa is a horrible setting as well. Hard pass on the show.

Back