TUF Latin America teams (don't click if u don't want to know)

Awesome. I honestly think this is going to be the best TUF. Mexican fighters are straight warriors. Not sure what it is, but they always go out on their shields. Latin American fighters in general.

I've been saying it for years. And I hope some of those guys have boxing backgrounds. I've been saying it for years: get a mexican or latin american fighter with a boxing background, teach the the ground and clinch, and they will be devastating.

We shall see.

0-1? Surprising that they'd select him for the show. I can somewhat understand Serrano, given his background.

I think there's a lack of communication between worldwide orgs and Sherdog for FightFinder records.

Is possible that the latinamerican guys have more bolded records.

Nice... Mexicans fighters vs. Latin Americans fighters

this isn't gonna be a fightpass thing is it?

In the US yes it will be.

Just like Brazil. Fox will have female TUF season going on and they arent gonna also add a TUF season that requires subtitles.

I don't expect any of these guys to be good just because mma is very underdeveloped in those regions. Hopeni'm wrong though.

Marlon Vera (5-1)
He has a documented 8-1-1 record, some of those fights just aren't documented on his Sherdog Fight Finder.

Wonder how many of the Mexican fighters are guys who have been quietly training at Jackson's MMA for the past 4-6 months.

I bet all of em.
Chito from Ecuador has been training with Jackson's MMA for the past couple of months.

I'm sure like Chito, a lot of these fighters have bigger records than documented, the remainder of the results just haven't made their way to Sherdog Fight Finder to be documented yet. Hopefully they do get documented completely now that they're gonna be on TUF.

Here's some of Chito's missing Sherdog Fight Finder fights:

Here's one of his HL's:

Looking forward to this season of TUF.

It'll be cool seeing these dudes from Latin American countries that never get much publicity, I will definitely try to watch this season.

I like how the UFC has been funding the training of 5 of Cain's Team Mexico guys to train at Jacksons MMA.

The funny thing is when this first came out a year or two ago Dana just had another one of his Greg Jackson is terrible for the sport fits. Yet they send guys from Mexico specifically to train MMA with Greg Jackson to help the UFC break into the country.

I like how the UFC has been funding the training of 5 of Cain's Team Mexico guys to train at Jacksons MMA.

What was funny when this first came out a year or two ago Dana just had another one of his Greg Jackson is terrible for the sport fits. Yet they send guys form Mexico specifically to train MMA with Greg Jackson to help the UFC break into the country.

The funny thing is when this first came out a year or two ago Dana just had another one of his Greg Jackson is terrible for the sport fits. Yet they send guys from Mexico specifically to train MMA with Greg Jackson to help the UFC break into the country.

I think it might've been more convenience than anything else. Jackson has Erik Perez and a few other spanish speaking fighters in his gym. Probably an easier transition than say, having them fly down to Florida to ATT or something.

In the US yes it will be.

Just like Brazil. Fox will have female TUF season going on and they arent gonna also add a TUF season that requires subtitles.

well that sucks.

TS, Thank You for posting. Even with my limited knowledge of Spanish, I LOL'd at the names of the weight classes.

2rn92mr.jpg

awwwwww yeah

Last edited:
Doesn't look too bad. I was worried we'd be seeing TUF China type prospects.

I think there is a ton of potential with these guys, especially since they will be exposed to better training and teaching. It's amazing how some TUF guys come in with holes in their game and fill them in fast with the training they get. Heck, just look at Matt Brown.

I thought Israel Giron may have cut to FW for this. Looks to be a decent lineup though.

Doesn't look too bad. I was worried we'd be seeing TUF China type prospects.

I think there is a ton of potential with these guys, especially since they will be exposed to better training and teaching. It's amazing how some TUF guys come in with holes in their game and fill them in fast with the training they get. Heck, just look at Matt Brown.

They didn't even come close to getting the better prospects from China, I don't know much about asian MMA so it could be because they're stuck in contracts with asian organizations. The guys they got were either completely inexperienced or mediocre veterans.

If they were able to get the better fighters/prospect there though, it wouldn't have been any worse than this show is going to be.

Back