TUF Latin America 2 discussion

RedCansLoom16

"What's my favorite ring? The next one."-TB12
@Black
Reaction score
Debuts at midnight on Fight Pass

I enjoyed the first season, maybe not the most technical guys but the fights were entertaining.

Yup, he pretty much is scared of him, kinda crazy that its who they matched him up with. Guess the other team caught wind of it and made the match up. If he doesn't get his mental game in check, this could be a really bad fight for him.

I'm thinking along the lines of the TUF with Uriah Hall when he was wrecking everyone. Bubba was pretty much terrified of Uriah as well and that's the match that was made, Bubba went on to get badly KTFO in that fight.

wow, the Spanish guy looked pretty good in the fight. Completely outstruck him in the second and I reckon would have finished him if it went to the third. Happy for him, seems like a genuinely nice guy. Also, is it just me or does Jonathan (the Chilean guy) look a bit like Ryan Hall from TUF 22?

wow, the Spanish guy looked pretty good in the fight. Completely outstruck him in the second and I reckon would have finished him if it went to the third. Happy for him, seems like a genuinely nice guy. Also, is it just me or does Jonathan (the Chilean guy) look a bit like Ryan Hall from TUF 22?

Yup he surprised me, glad he won, he dominated most of the fight. You can see at the beginning he wasn't fully there, he was getting tagged and taken down pretty easily, but he seemed to find his confidence and dominated from there.

Oliver Meza, the 3-0 guy from Panama was seriously seriously outmatched against that guy. I just looked at sherdog and all his wins have a combined zero victories. He lost every striking exchange, it was very obvious that the longer guy was faster and had better striking after only a minute so he turtled up while standing. Not a good showing.

I skipped to the fight as I could only take around ten minutes of typical TUF stuff.

Yup he surprised me, glad he won, he dominated most of the fight. You can see at the beginning he wasn't fully there, he was getting tagged and taken down pretty easily, but he seemed to find his confidence and dominated from there.

His takedown defence wasn't that great but he was superior on the ground so maybe thats why he didn't mind getting taken down. Loved the way he kept his jab going.

Yea the dude from Panama was garbage. I'm just hoping for a couple solid prospects from this season.

Super pumped the Peruvian guy won, although I dont know how far he can advance in the show. Good fight, but not the most technical by any means.

Hoping for another good season. I like the challenges and the cooking scene was pretty good. Rooting for the Peruvian fighters. Both are on team Escudero and got picked pretty early. Although it appears something bad happens in the next fight.

Last quarterfinal fight is tonight I believe.

Can someone give me the teams and the records of the fighters? Also, the result of fight number one?

Damn there seems to be zero buzz for this. Wonder what the viewer turnout is for Latin America.

Can someone give me the teams and the records of the fighters?

Also, the result of fight number one?
Team Gastelum
Welterweights: Erick Montano, Enrique Marin, Hector Aldana and Wilmer Fernandez
Lightweights: Cesar Arzamendia, Danny Salas, Jonathan Ortega and Christihian Soto

Team Escudero
Welterweights: Kevin Medinilla, Marco Olano, Alvaro Herrera and Vernon Ramos
Lightweights: Horacio Gutierrez, Enrique Barzola, Marco Polo Reyes and Oliver Meza

Cesar Arzamendia (6-1) def Oliver Meza (3-0) via strikes in round 1.

Quick fight. Arzamendia does some things well, but also throws a very ugly standing hammerfist. Meza did nothing.

I've never seen a TUF (even a fight pass one) get this little of a response ever. Any decent prospects in the group?

I watched the first few episodes last month and finally caught all the way up to the last couple of episodes nine and ten with the semi-finals. Not the most entertaining season but some decent fights in there and maybe a prospect or two who may stick around. As a bettor I always clean up on the international TUF finale cards based on the fact that I'm watching and handicapping these obscure matchups more diligently than most of the bookmakers are so I watch every season.

Panama guy did nothing, shame on him. His opponent, Arzamendia really looked phenomenal.

I am chilean so rooting for Jonathan Ortega on team Gastelum !!!!

what an horrible injury the peruvian guy get, jesus, I tough they just were hyping the thing for the sake of the rating but was shocking

Just watched episode 1 last night.

That Meza guy looked terrible, but Arazmendia looked a good prospect, had some nice stand up - gotta be one of the favourites to win that division.

Very tough injury sustained by one of the fighters during the bout on episode 2. :icon_cry2

Yes, that was nasty, hope he recovers soon. Seemed like a clean forearm break.
That's what happens when you fall on your elbow/forearm with the other guy on top.
Hopefully it WAS a clean break. They're easier to screw together with a plate and heal better than when they have splinters.

Perry Monta

Second fights end in broken arm due to slam after the guy posts with his arm.

Yes, that was nasty, hope he recovers soon. Seemed like a clean forearm break.
That's what happens when you fall on your elbow/forearm with the other guy on top.
Hopefully it WAS a clean break. They're easier to screw together with a plate and heal better than when they have splinters.

Perry Monta

Just watched the first two episodes, very impressed by Goku, he seems quite big for a LW too. Are Kelvin and Uriah buddies? Pretty cool seeing him on the show. Also, Meza vs CM Punk?

Excellent fight between Salas and Horacio. Tons of heart. Next fight will be the argentinian (Supposed to be the favorite) vs the spanish guy.

Excellent fight between Salas and Horacio. Tons of heart. Next fight will be the argentinian (Supposed to be the favorite) vs the spanish guy.

Didn't the Spanish guy say he had confidence problems and specifically didn't want to fight against Kevin? Kinda want to see him pull it off now.

Didn't the Spanish guy say he had confidence problems and specifically didn't want to fight against Kevin? Kinda want to see him pull it off now.

Yup, he pretty much is scared of him, kinda crazy that its who they matched him up with. Guess the other team caught wind of it and made the match up. If he doesn't get his mental game in check, this could be a really bad fight for him.

I'm thinking along the lines of the TUF with Uriah Hall when he was wrecking everyone. Bubba was pretty much terrified of Uriah as well and that's the match that was made, Bubba went on to get badly KTFO in that fight.

Back