TUF FINALE 22: Edgar vs. MENDES VEGAS LOCATION??

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Bels89, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Bels89

Bels89 Blue Belt

Both the TUF finale and UFC 194 are supposed to be in Vegas, Tuf finale on Friday, 194 on Sat. 194 will be at the MGM. The weigh ins are usually at the MGM as well and the 189 weigh ins were so big they needed the arena. I don't recall the UFC having an event the day before a PPV event, there usually after. Do you think the TUF finale will be at MGM as well or at Mandalay or Hard Rock? Dana was talking about MGM really wanting the fights in December and January. Where do you think the TUF finale will be?

2. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

Laredo, tx

3. jei

jei Danger Zone Admin Staff Member Forum Administrator

Stop it, Gigaheart

4. johncola

johncola Red Belt

I think you're right that they haven't had a TUF finale the day before a Vegas PPV before. I think the only times they've had a TUF finale one day apart from a Vegas PPV is TUF 19 one day after UFC 175 and TUF 21 one day after UFC 189. Both times they held those shows in the same arena. TUF 19 & UFC 175 were Mandalay and TUF 21 and UFC 189 were MGM.

I'd guess MGM Grand. On the MGM Grand website they already have UFC 194 and UFC 195 as upcoming events but there's no mention of another UFC event. However I don't see any shows that would conflict with having a show on that Friday. Andrea Bocelli is performing on 5 Dec which is why they moved the PPV to 12 Dec. The TUF finale card looks very good, has a great main event, and will have Conor fans' hype behind it from the TUF season. Obviously there will be lots of Irish in Vegas again. I think they're trying to experiment and put on a big show the night before a PPV. The TUF 21 finale was dead after the awesomeness of UFC 189.

If they go to a smaller venue, I dunno if it'll be Palms or Hard Rock. TUF 20 finale was at the Palms.