TUF Editing

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by Bojka, May 29, 2014.

1. Bojka

Bojka Purple Belt

Every time TUF edits the interviews to show one fighter being overly cocky and the other being humble, the humble fighter wins. 100% of the time.

So as soon as they showed Anton Berzin acting arrogant saying that his opponent wasn't in his league, he wasn't listening to his trainers, etc. and the other guy just saying he'd try his best I knew Anton would lose and didn't even want to watch the fight.

Why the hell do they do this? Literally half of the fights can be predicted because of this stupid editing tactic. It's like the 20th season... we've caught on to the underdog editing by now. Why do they keep doing it? As if we need more reasons to stop watching TUF.

2. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

3. Bojka

Bojka Purple Belt

I guess they count on most viewers being too dumb to pick up on it.

4. Presinator

Presinator If Arnold were President, he would be...

Probably because the humble guys are smarter, less likely to be idiots who suck at fighting, whereas the cocky guys are dumb tough guys.

I don't think this is really an editing issue.

5. Bojka

Bojka Purple Belt

It isn't. Or else it wouldn't be 100% of the time. I'm not saying there's a correlation. It's every single time. They have weeks of footage to pick from and they purposely show an instance of Anton not listening to Hackleman. The "humble" guy probably isn't even humble. That's just the underdog angle from the editing.

6. templewarrior

templewarrior Blue Belt

Yeah...I've noticed the same thing...whenever a friend and I would watch TUF...we could usually tell who would win the fight with the interviews leading to the fight as you brought up in your post. I'm the last of a group of friends to still try and watch TUF...most of them don't even watch MMA anymore.

7. benjaminbuttons

benjaminbuttons Banned Banned

100% of the time huh? seems a tad high.

8. Useful Idiot

Useful Idiot White Belt

It happens 100% of the time 70% of the time.

9. DiegoLunes

DiegoLunes Banned Banned

I don't think it is editing. A lot of this guys acting cocky are really just trying to convince themselves.

10. chanwahyaoh

chanwahyaoh Brown Belt

Except for the first fight of the season.

11. eon001

eon001 Black Belt

Best example of this was Shayna Baszler. I still didn't think she would lose though. I just couldn't see it happening because of her vast amount of experience over Pena. She must've been the editors dream.

I would also think that they encourage all fighters to talk a little smack so they can edit in cockiness from either side depending on the outcome of the fight to mess with our expectations.

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  12. ceestand

ceestand Blue Belt

I mostly agree. Anytime they make a big deal about a fighter not listening to their coaches, they lose.