TUF Brazil 3 Wanderlei Vs Sonnen Episode 11 Discussion

Discussion in 'So You Wanna Be A Fighter Discussion' started by shonuf, May 18, 2014.

1. shonuf

shonuf Titanium Belt Platinum Member

12am on fight pass. Probably.

2. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Thanks!

3. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

prediction: cara de sapato and warlley win by KO in round 1.

might as well put that in spoiler tags, because that's what's going to happen. both opponents are outmatched.

4. TrueHeavyweight

TrueHeavyweight Banned Banned

Cara de Sapato is fighting Pezao, correct? I think Pezao is a bad match up for him, especially considering the 25lb weight difference.

5. benjaminbuttons

benjaminbuttons Banned Banned

Warlley was on his back in the preview if i remember correctly but i hope you are right. I think everyone left will get a UFC fight regardless of how the fights go down.

6. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

You think Pezao is a bad matchup for him? uhh no. Cara de sapato is a bad matchup for everyone in the world. The guy is an animal.

7. TrueHeavyweight

Yeah. Pezao will be able to outstrike Cara de Sapato, and the size difference will make it hard to get Pezao to the ground.

8. 610man

610man Yellow Belt

I'm unsure as to what 25 pound weight difference is being referred to. If anything, cara de sapato is a natural light heavyweight, as that is where he fought his whole pro career. Marcos Pezao is a guy who has fought at 205 but most recently, at middleweight. Pezao shouldn't have a natural size difference, and if he does it probably won't play a factor considering cara de sapato has fought guys bigger.

9. Junior D S

Junior D S Orange Belt

Am I the only one who's been having trouble cheering on Cara de sapato? I don't know why.. but from the first few episodes he got on my nerves and for some reason he just comes off as someone I don't want to see win. I really suck at remembering names so I hope I got the right guy. Im talking about the guy who pretty much decided he was team captain for Team Wanderlei and got into a verbal spat with the blonde haired Brazilian (that Lyoto beat) about sparring.

10. TrueHeavyweight

The 25 pound weight difference refers to the weigh differences between the 2 fighters. Cara de Sapato weighed in at 208 for his quarterfinal fight while Pezao was around 235.

Why do you think Shoeface has fought bigger guys? All of his opponents so far in his career have been smaller than Pezao. Also, the combined record of Cara de Sapato's pro opponents is 1-11. He's never faced anyone as big or as talented as Pezao, and I think that will be the difference.

11. Junior D S

Junior D S Orange Belt

Also Warley is the guy who got crap even from his own team that he had to much confidence right? I remember watching that episode and I instantly became a fan of his just because I felt their was jealousy of some sort from other people just because the man has complete confidence in his self. Theirs almost always nerves going into a fight but why show it? I thought that was completely stupid of people to get all butt hurt at him.. its not like he was running around the house saying he was going destroy all them.

12. Junior D S

Junior D S Orange Belt

Oh for the American's in the pacific time zone.. fight passes twitter and the ultimate fighter's twitter has this show advertised at 9p.m PT. Just letting people know so they don't tune in to late.

13. benjaminbuttons

benjaminbuttons Banned Banned

^Cant really tune in too late. You can watch it on fight pass from the beginning whenever you want also its not too hard to avoid spoilers.

14. philbr

philbr Purple Belt

Marmota gave the guy with yellow hair a hard time in the beginning because he said he thought chaels guy won one round or something like that....shoeface also got in an argumeng with him because he was telling people he was beating shoeface in sparring...

I wasnt unhappy when marmota got KOed...

15. philbr

philbr Purple Belt

Yeah...i agree.

16. Junior D S

Junior D S Orange Belt

Aw okay so shoeface is Cara de sapato? I wish I wasn't so horrible with names but thanks for the clarification. I tried to use Wiki but it seems like they all have different names on the show and on the wiki page so I just confused myself even more.

I actually hope they give the blonde hair dude another fight. His fight with Lyoto was awesome and I feel like he was getting crap for no reason a lot of times.

17. ScrapPack31

ScrapPack31 White Belt

Cara de Sapato aka Shoeface
    [​IMG]

Pezao aka Marcos Rogerio
    [​IMG]

Brazilians and their nicknames. Hopefully that clears it up for you. I'm rooting for Pezao and Warlley

18. Junior D S

Junior D S Orange Belt

Haha yes thanks scrap pack

19. philbr

philbr Purple Belt

yeah...gotta love those brazilian nicknames...lol

20. philbr

philbr Purple Belt

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit