TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 3 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
zMylE6f.jpg

Tonight’s episode will feature the second heavyweight fight of the season as selected by middleweight champion Robert Whittaker. With his team taking two losses already, he decides to turn to his biggest gun as former kickboxer turned mixed martial artist - and his No. 1 overall pick - Anderson Da Silva is in action this week against Team Gastelum's Justin Frazier.

On paper, Frazier should have the advantage just based on mixed martial arts experience alone. With a 10-2 record, Frazier has faced some fierce competition while fighting on the regional circuit in the United States.

Da Silva comes to the UFC with a wealth of experience in kickboxing, where he regularly competed in GLORY and was previously ranked amongst the best heavyweights in the entire sport. In kickboxing, Da Silva is a ferocious fighter with massive power in his punches and kicks.

Away from the fight this week, there's an interesting situation brewing in the house amongst the competitors on Team Whittaker and Team Gastelum that has nothing to do with the tournament.

The international flavor on this season of The Ultimate Fighter is quite diverse, with athletes coming from all over Europe, as well as Brazil and even Cuba. While that shows the true power of MMA on a global scale, it also makes for some difficult communication between some of the fighters.

Been wondering what Anderson would look like not cutting height to make 185... :eek:

A fat full time mechanic part time mma fighter about to fight a pro kickboxer

Oh so this is the same Anderson "Braddock" Silva. Well if he has decent TDD he should run through this show

Damn, Frazier has been through the ringer as far as his family situation is concerned.

I wish fight pass allowed me to watch the episodes feels like a rip off that I don’t. Really want to see that Maurice green KO he’s a local fighter from up north here in Minnesota

Whitaker going for the give me victory... Not to hate. But hopefully the three seconds of training footage was at 30% for Frazier.

a 6ft heavyweight having trouble makin weight

Greene makin fun of people meanwhile he has a fucked up eye and a lisp

Time for Blood and Bone!

<{JustBleed}>

Or lots of heavy breathing...

Not much time left in the show. Anderson must have gotten the password to the matrix...

Nice - as directed!

Dang. This guy has some heavy ground and pound. Silva better get up off his back...

lol silva got taken down in less than 10 seconds yes i counted

So far... really doubted this guy vs K1 Silva. But he is a round away from advancing.

He got10-sonned...

Back