TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 1 - 10 p.m. ET

Is this the first season to feature two TUF winners as coaches? And if so, is this the first season to feature two TUF winners as coaches that will fight each other after the season ends? If no one knows, I'll look into it.

Gastelum and Escudero coached against eachother in one of the TUF Latin America seasons

Wasted having Pannie and Katherina in the first round. They are the most recognizable names on the show because both were Invicta title challengers.

Ok, so this is the second season where TUF winners coached the fighters. This first happened at TUF Latin America 2, where Kelvin Gastelum (Season 17) and Efrain Escudero (Season 8) coached against one another, but they did not fight one another.

This will be the first season where TUF winners coached each team and then will fight one another at the end of the season.

Mitrione was 0-0 coming into his season of TUF...

So was Hardy though, the guy he fought transferred from football and only had two fights.
he was a successful kick boxer who was young and showed flashes of brilliance. no such things can be said here.
he was a successful kick boxer who was young and showed flashes of brilliance. no such things can be said here.

Silva is a very accomblished kickboxer. Batista is a super accomplished wrestler who's won gold medals at Pan Am and such, even has a win over Cormier. I wouldn't be surprised if either won the show. Espina is also a very decorated grappler with and without a gi. They all don't have many mma fights and have transitioned after being at the top of their sport.

Amir Sadollah had literally zero prior fight experience going into TUF 7...

but yahhh...the the 6'7" 9w-2l Green (1 loss streak) versus the 22w-9l Mysiala (5 fight win streak) is the LEAST credible match up

Lest none of us forget, this is the same show series that gave us Gray Maynard vs. Wayne Weems....

So was Hardy though, the guy he fought transferred from football and only had two fights.

Silva is a very accomblished kickboxer. Batista is a super accomplished wrestler who's won gold medals at Pan Am and such, even has a win over Cormier. I wouldn't be surprised if either won the show. Espina is also a very decorated grappler with and without a gi. They all don't have many mma fights and have transitioned after being at the top of their sport.

There's some decent HW talent on this cast IMO.

thats good to know man! thank you.

the episode didn't say much about anybody but the two guys fighting whose backgrounds were significantly less than what one might expect of a professional athlete trying to debut on the premiere stage.

I feel like the edit is setting up Maurice Greene for a fall.

Wow.. had no idea this started last night. Will probably just skip the first few episodes and watch a bunch at once.

As a devoted alcoholic I'm going on the Maurice Green bandwagon right away. A big lazy eyed freak who likes to drink, and gets upset when someone messes with his hats. What's not to like?

I'm surprised at the lack of promotion for this. I didn't even realize it was on last night. Caught the 4am replay.

My god that 6'7 black dude last name Green. He's a monster. Dude threw a flying knee. Vicious uppercut KO, this guy has real potential in the division.

He knocked his opponent out with several shots, the Russian guy just didn't drop but you can see him getting his consciousness separated a few times. Crazy.

Back