TUF 28: Heavy Hitters - Ep. 1 - 10 p.m. ET

Jackonfire

BMF Mod
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
03433_TUF28_Premiere-Banners_1200x628.jpg

For the first time ever, heavyweights and the women's featherweight division will be on display together when The Ultimate Fighter: Heavy Hitters debuts on FS1 on Wednesday night, Aug. 29.

To help this latest cast of fighters get to the next level of their careers, middleweight champion Robert Whittaker and top five-ranked contender Kelvin Gastelum will be coaching the 16 UFC hopefuls during the 28th season of the long running competition series.

Both Whittaker and Gastelum will bring plenty of knowledge about this format with them to the show considering they have each won The Ultimate Fighter in the past.

All told, The Ultimate Fighter: Heavy Hitters will feature 16 athletes representing eight different countries from around the globe. From Australia to Germany to Brazil and everywhere in between, the international talent will be on display as the heavyweights and women's featherweights all look to make a great first impression when the show gets underway.

Anyone know how many fights will be on tonight?

This crept up on us. Will probably be unable to follow it but will read catchups and try catching some highlights the following day. Parisian vs. Batista final, easily.

Anyone know how many fights will be on tonight?
I think I saw that they already have the rosters set, I remember Parisian on DWTNCS was placed directly into the season and doesn't have to fight his way in. I'd wager just one tonight.

Didn't even realize it was TUF time again, I can't even get through a full season anymore...

I'll watch but really only turn an eye for some of the training and fight segments. I don't see Whittaker or Kelvin really shining in front of the camera either so wont hope for much distraction there.

I'll watch but really only turn an eye for some of the training and fight segments. I don't see Whittaker or Kelvin really shining in front of the camera either so wont hope for much distraction there.
Fair call. Whittaker's a great fighter but I can't imagine him and Kelvin throwing trash talk back and forth. Reckon he's far better to watch in-ring. Can't wait for the match up though. War the Reaper!

Three days ago... didn't even know the season was starting. Awesome promotion... But Heavyweight should make the season. Hoping for some special entry....

Last edited:
Does anyone know what channel this will be on in Canada?

Three days ago... didn't even know the season was starting. Awesome promotion... But Heavyweight should make the season. Hoping for some special entry....
Honestly, without this thread I had completely forgot. I knew a season was upcoming but the pulse was flat-lined.

It's probably better they relegate to 1 season a year and focus on the Contender. Not that I want them to burn it out but the format is far more lively. I really don't need to know much more about dudes that early in their careers. Every story is cyclic at this point and adds little value.

Show and Go then maybe peel a few layers back...

Welcome to the TUF 28 weekly discussion... Starting now.

a fat guy gassing in the 1st episode yup it's the heavyweights

WMMA 145. Looking thick... Also. betting most get a contract after the season.

Whittaker takes mini Batista.- wait fuck is he Anderson Silva? Lmao!

Last edited:
Julia got dat voice...

PM for the win!

Does Heavyweight Anderson Silva have a password to the Matrix...

Back