Tuf 28 Featherweights

Askafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I guess the filming of Tuf 28 is winding down now, so here's a good run down of the featherweight contestants.

http://combatpress.com/2018/08/the-ultimate-fighter-28-heavy-hitters-preview-womens-featherweight/

A lot of folks have complained about veteran absentees like Dandois and Sorenson but personally I think the UFC were right to go with the younger fighters - it may be unfair that Cindy's striking has become a joke, but it has and it's bad for the brand. Another complaint is that some have previously fought at 135, well the organisation are short of bantamweights so a couple dropping down after the show is hardly a problem.

I'm looking for Pacheco, at the same time the youngest and the most experienced of the contestants, to do well. Also Chiasson who looks noticeably bigger in the pre-competition publicity shots.

Why do featherweight? Well it is prize fighting and they need a division not only for Cyborg (who does seem to be a draw) but especially for Kayla Harrison, looking down the line and assuming she continues her winning ways later this week.

Last edited:
I guess the filming of Tuf 28 is winding down now, so here's a good run down of the featherweight contestants.

http://combatpress.com/2018/08/the-ultimate-fighter-28-heavy-hitters-preview-womens-featherweight/

A lot of folks have complained about veteran absentees like Dandois and Sorenson but personally I think the UFC were right to go with the younger fighters - it may be unfair that Cindy's striking has become a joke, but it has and it's bad for the brand. Another complaint is that some have previously fought at 135, well the organisation are short of bantamweights so a couple dropping down after the show is hardly a problem.

I'm looking for Pacheco, at the same time the youngest and the most experienced of the contestants, to do well. Also Chiasson who looks noticeably bigger in the pre-competition publicity shots.

Why do featherweight? Well it is prize fighting and they need a division not only for Cyborg (who does seem to be a draw) but especially for Kayla Harrison, looking down the line and assuming she continues her winning ways later this week.
They took 36 year old Allen, she's so old and less accomplished then both what's up with that, also Kayla oponent Jozette Cotton would have been a good young prospect for the show. Explain that?

They took 36 year old Allen, she's so old and less accomplished then both what's up with that, also Kayla oponent Jozette Cotton would have been a good young prospect for the show. Explain that?

I was thinking of mentioning that but decided not to go there, but since you've brought it up ........ diversity. You're also right about Cotton, who would also fit the bill, but then hasn't she had some legal issues? The UFC might prefer to say she'd have trouble making 145 consistently though

Anyway the one exception doesn't disprove the fact that they've gone for youth. Cindy's biggest no-no to getting on the show was the fact that she might win. That's for sure.

Well look at Jozette then look at Bea, not really surprising they go for looks over potential talent. It's common knowledge that they don't always look for the most promising fighters, just the most marketable ones. Passing over Sorensen is a joke. Thirty two is not old and having a win over not only a current UFC fighter but also a current title holder should be a automatic.

Hopefully, these fighters stay at Featherweight after the show ends.

I just skipped to the end to watch the fight, why is Ray Borg competing as a female flyweight?

Back